PDA

View Full Version : NJO: Dead or Alive?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 June 2002, 11:19 AM
Hey ... I found this fairly up to date list (njo books up to Dark Journey) for the NJO books, for chars listed...

go here: New Jedi Order Encyclopedia: Dead or Alive (http://www.njoe.com/ex/doal.htm)

Krad-edis
13 June 2002, 01:58 PM
I am not up to Star by Star yet, but it really looks like the Jedi seriously take in the shorts in that book (lots of dead). It almost looks as if one is wondering who is left that is not a Jedi Master at the end of that book. I'll have to read it to see what the hell happened to them.

Nova Spice
13 June 2002, 04:10 PM
Star by Star is not a Jedi friendly book by any stretch of the word! I believe more Jeedai....uhhh.... Jedi :D die in SbS than in all the others combined, though I could be wrong. Don't be surprised if I am 8o
However, I did see many people missing on the alive list including Boba Fett, Hobbie, Dash, Lumiya, Pash Cracken, Airen Cracken, Admiral Hiram Drayson, etc. Otherwise it is a nice list, perhaps it needs to catch up with Rebel Stand, but otherwise its definitely a nice guide to those among us and those who have departed us.... :(
I'd personally like to see a roster of the pilots in Rogue Squadron from Vector Prime to Rebel Stand. The only four that have remained consistent that I know of are Gavin Darklighter, Kral Nevil, Inyri Forge, and Alinn Varth. Jaina is no longer a Rogue, which means this list would have a LOT of dead people! 8o

Silberpfeil
24 June 2002, 02:01 AM
However, I did see many people missing on the alive list including Boba Fett, Hobbie, Dash, Lumiya, Pash Cracken, Airen Cracken, Admiral Hiram Drayson, etc.

Well I think that the list only covers characters present in the NJO books.

Nova Spice
24 June 2002, 07:32 AM
Well I think that the list only covers characters present in the NJO books.

When you say present do you mean characters that have been in the books thus far? That makes more sense to me because the ones I listed haven't appeared yet, you're right. But when I glanced at the site I noticed that Bossk was on the DoA list and he hasn't appeared yet either? Oh well, I didn't get much sleep last night, so maybe I just misunderstood what you were saying. :) If so, I apologize. ;)

Silberpfeil
25 June 2002, 12:11 PM
Try Hero's Trial. Bossk and some trandoshans mates have a little brawl with Han, Fasgo and the other guy (can't remember his name).

When I say present, I do mean at least guest star in one of the book. ;)

And WHERE IS ASYR SEY'LAR???????!!!!! Ahem, sorry. :D

Tem_Starrunner
25 June 2002, 01:16 PM
Nice list. It reminds me of the list I had been working on three years ago until time restraits kept me from keeping up with all the books.

The main difference between mine and New Jedi Order Encylopedia: Dead or Alive list is I included details like species, hair and eye color, sex, age, homeworld, weapon and vehicle of choice and were they were 1st seen. It can be found on my website if anyone wants to take a look http://www.angelfire.com/sc/Starrunner/swcdata.html (it's big so it may take awhile to load).

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 July 2002, 04:08 PM
Nice work Tem!

gives a bit more of a visual referance for the chars ;)

Pel
6 July 2002, 11:01 AM
Star by Star is not a Jedi friendly book by any stretch of the word!

Holy Understatement, Batman! :p

Actually the entire series hasn't been terribly Jedi-friendly. The lot of them face persecution and execution daily and either end up dead, captured (and then dead), fallen to the Dark Side (and then dead), or exhausted from constant fighting (death to be determined at a later date).

Seriously, though: major character points to the authors of those excellent lists. Now if Leia could just find a purpose in life...

Nova Spice
6 July 2002, 06:40 PM
Holy Understatement, Batman! :p

HAHA! Kudos on that one Pel! :D :p

Now if Leia could just find a purpose in life...

Yeah I guess being princess of Alderaan, wife to the most famous smuggler in the galaxy, twin sister to the greatest Jedi in the galaxy, former Chief of State of the New Republic, and mother of three (make it two now :( ) Jedi Knights, and a Jedi Knight herself, must be a boring, mundane life for Leia.
I wonder what's its like to not have a purpose in life? :p

gstommylee
7 July 2002, 08:07 PM
*****************************************************spoilar******************** **************

i heard that in the next NJO book that anakin somehow survives
don't ask me how he survives i don't know

Pel
7 July 2002, 08:25 PM
Slight Spoiler...
<
>
D
O
N
'
T

L
O
O
K
!
:D

Um...If memory serves, wasn't he engulfed in massive Light Side energies, the totality of his power focused into a single moment (rather like Dorsk 81 (82? - I get those pesky clones mixed up) when he flung the Imperial Fleet out of Yavin IV's orbit? And then didn't he collapse/die/become one with the Force? And then didn't they burn his remains ala Qui-Gon?
I was holding out much hope until his cremation, but hey! He's the grandson and namesake of Vader: anything's possible :)

gstommylee
7 July 2002, 09:26 PM
it was 2 risky to get the body of him and having a chance of jacen or jania being killed + i doubt that it would happen
and the dissappearing thing only jedi in the old republic new that

obi-wan, yoda are the only 2 i seen it happen so far

Nova Spice
8 July 2002, 08:11 AM
it was 2 risky to get the body of him and having a chance of jacen or jania being killed + i doubt that it would happen

DARK JOURNEY SPOILERS!!!!!

DARK JOURNEY SPOILERS!!!!!

Actually, they did retreive Anakin's body. And by they, I mean Jaina, Tahiri, Ganner, Alema, Tekli, and Zekk. If you read Dark Journey, they took Anakin's body off of the worldship as they made their escape. Tahiri was cradling his body and crying like a baby.
When they landed on Hapes and after everyone rendezvous-ed there, they burned Anakin's body like Qui-Gon and Darth Vader before him.

Anakin's dead......and like Chewbacca, he's not coming back. If he did it would only cheapen the great story told thus far.....;)

obi-wan, yoda are the only 2 i seen it happen so far

In Dark Tide II: Ruin, Daeshara'cor was killed on Ithor and her body faded away just like Obi-Wan and Yoda.

I hope that clarifies some stuff for everyone. I know its hard to remember stuff from so long ago, but my brain is filled with useless Star Wars trivia! :p :D

Darklighter
8 July 2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Pel

Now if Leia could just find a purpose in life...

I actually thought that Leia might finally start training as a Jedi. By the time we get to Star by Star, she has clearly turned her back on the New Republic government. It seems to me she has decided to pursue a path other than diplomat and politician. Any thoughts? Think she'll finally become a true Jedi knight?

gstommylee
8 July 2002, 09:14 AM
i haven't seen the next book i could be right i could be wrong we will see

Trigger
16 July 2002, 08:25 PM
IT CAN'T BE A SPOILER IF ITS ONLY THEORY, BUT BE WARNED, I HAVE A TWISTED MIND.........................................that being said, I dont think we should mark anakin dead yet. doesnt it seem odd to anyone else that the kid that looks so much like anakin (forget his name) is still around?? i mean, he served his purpose, and now he's everywhere. I remember something in the old Dark Empire comics about the reborn palpatine threatening leia with taking over little anakin while he was still in the womb. and then there was Callista, who transfered her life essence into Cray (i think thats her name), so i wouldnt count anakin among the dead yet. his body is dead, yes, but his presence in the Force would suggest he isnt quite gone yet. this is just my humble opinion....that and a dollar will buy me a coke.

Jim Williams
27 July 2002, 06:44 AM
I want to see Callista, the lost Jedi Knight from Children of the Jedi/Planet of Twilight/Darksaber. She was a Jedi from the times of the Republic and very interesting. She and Mara could get in a cat fight over Luke. They could sell tickets. Make millions.

On a side note, I still can't believe Zahn had enough pull to get his character married to Luke. I always thought there was a hard edge to her even after she was free of Palpatine that rubs against the Jedi Way (and would not appeal to Luke).

Oh well.

Jim Williams

Callista!!!! Where arrrrrre yooooouuuu?

Telmaron
1 August 2002, 03:35 AM
MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD FROM TRAITOR!!!!

SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!!

LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!

After reading Traitor you might want to add Ganner to the list. Also from what I got from the novel Anakin is really dead, gone, creamated and not coming back. He appears to Jacen in a ghostly form but he doesn't know if it's Anakin, if he's crazy or if it's a mind trick. Also Nom Anor might bite it but you don't find out.

Darth Fierce
12 June 2004, 12:50 PM
Very trivial by now, but of the list of the dead, Nas Choka should not be on it. In fact, Nas Choka is one of the few major Vong leaders that survived the series, and became the leader of the Vong by the end of The Unifying Force.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Ardent
13 June 2004, 09:25 AM
Just a quick glance down the alive list made me realize the dead list was woefully inadequate. There's still a lot of catching up to do dead-side.

SPOILER

Start with Admiral Ackbar.

Nova Spice
18 June 2004, 04:08 PM
Yea, that particular site is not only not up to date (only through Ylesia I believe), but it also has several incorrect entries. Capo is listed as dead in the Agents of Chaos duology, but he reappears in Ylesia. Ganner, I believe, is still listed as alive.

There's definitely a lot of work to do on that particular list. ;)