PDA

View Full Version : Do you think...

Jaggard
14 June 2002, 02:26 PM
I was wondering if I could get some answers about somethings. and maybe they'll give you some ideas.

Are the red guards in EP2 as incorruptable as they are in the empire?

If ships get lost in hyperspace wouldn't they come spilling out as soon as they hit a gravity shadow?

How long would it take a ship in hyperspace to reach the next galaxy?

What about hutts and toydarians make them especially resistant to the force?

Are there other groups that have broken off from the jedi? Like the the ones from I jedi (i think thats what I mean)

What happens to people who are rejected for jedi training (like anakin almost was)?

Why did the jedi take out the Mandalorians?

I always thought the mandalorians were a culture not a merc group, which is true?

There are a number of new races in the prequel that arn't seen in the originals, why? Did something happen to them?

If a clonetrooper had a child with another person would that child age faster and learn more quickly?

Could a droid gain access to the force by cyborging itself (hook up a rat inside it's chest cavity)?

It would appear that cloning is for sale to almost anyone who can afford it, so why don't we hear more about it? Why didn't the Mandalorians use it to keep from going poof? One would think it more wide spread.

What happened to: Aurra Sing, Asherrad Hett (the tusken padawan), IG-2000 (88 ship), and Guri (or the other HRDs luke encountered on hoth).

Could some of the droids created by IG-88 have given up on galaxy conquest and settled on an asteroid cluster around a dead star to avoid humans? (alright so that's more speculation the question)

More speculation.

Do you really think anakin had a father or not? (Annie mesa you father :D )

Is it possible that yoda and yaddle are not a species but hybrids or elevated animals, maybe even force mutations?

VixenofVenus
14 June 2002, 03:09 PM
FlipDog and I will try and answer these as best I can:

1. Red Guards? Um ... maybe (who knows, they weren't mentioned in the Ep2 Novel, so I'm guessing yes)

2. Hyperspace Lost? Yes, but getting lost in hyperspace is more about when the computer has bad coordinates or a badly programed hyperspace route. So it's not really getting lost IN HYPERSPACE, its more about getting lost period. And it there have been times were the hyperdrive computer didn't detect a gravity well and just kept flying and ripped the ship to shreds, it has been mentioned in a few books.

3. Hyperspace to the next Galaxy? Well ... according to Vector Prime, there was no leaving the Galaxy in the Star Wars Universe ... and since Hyperdrives only exist in that Realm ... YOU CAN'T!

4. Hutts and Toydarians? I dunno ... poor genetic material?

5. Broken Jedi? Yes ... ???

6. Rejected Jedi? They sulk for a while in the AgriCorps and then go dark side marauder (oh sorry that was just FlipDog)

7. Madalorians? Why not!?

8. Culture or Mercs? They were a culture of mercs ... does that answer your question?! No, I'm being serious this time! :p

9. New Races? Because the prequels are being made now, the old movies were made then, and when you make a new movie, stuff doesn't magically appear in the old movies ... if it did, I would be the Sugar Plum Fairy and you all would be my demonic sugar-addicted minions.

10. Clonechildren? Yes and no ... He would learn quickly that his father is a murdering babykiller ... and he would grow up at a normal rate, marry his mother and learn to play the banjo. (By the way, We are being utterly sarcastic and have no clue)

11. Rat droids and the Wonderful World of Disney? Um ... no, but the rat would at least have a roof over his head.

12. Clone spreading? Yes ... ???? .... No ... ??? ... Wait ... REALLY ... YES ... No ... really ... I heard Engleburt Humperdink Died on the radio ... he was in his car ... no not really ... (nodding) ...

13. Aurra Sing? She dissappeared in a comic book
14. Asherrad Hett? He was killed by Anakin in his sleep
15. IG-2000? (this one is serious) It was blowed up by that puke Boba
16. Guri? She married FlipDog and they lived happily ever after (then she killed him in his sleep)

17. IG-88 Droids? No, they absolutely couldn't do that ... why? Because I said so!!

18. Father of Anakin? Actually, YOU fathered him ... didn't you know that!?

19. Yoda and Yaddle? Actually, I heard from George and Frank themselves that Yoda is a Force-mutated Sith Monkey from the planet Uranus.

Apu Nahassapimahpetalon says "Thank you. I'll see you in hell. Please come again!"

Jaggard
14 June 2002, 03:45 PM
Um...
sarcastic insult deleted to prevent hurt feelings, and angering a woman with a light saber :D :raised:

Actuall the IG-2000 I was talking about was the one left on Bespin. Each of the IG-88 had their own. Boba popped two I think but if I remember the one in bespin stayed there. But didn't IG-88 make it a droid ship or capable of downloading his conciousness into it or something. I remember thinking that the ship could easily find another droid to inhabit and become just as bad.

In the new Fett comic it shows Jaster as the leader of the mandolorians fleeing the Deth watch. Jangos father seems to be from the same planet/culture as Jaster and even took over his job. Which suggests that either they are mercenaries from different systems forming a group or Jaster is an exception and joined the Mandolorian culture as an outsider and won respect. They also portray the mandolorians as not bad people, they arn't trying to conquer the galaxy and are trying to stop the Death watch who are trying to take over. The comments by Jaster at the end suggest that they take no pleasure in killing. This points more in the direction of scoundrels with an honor system. Similar in some regards to someone like Han Solo. So what happened to Justify the jedi to commit something in the order of ethnic cleansing by obliterateing them.

Jedi_Staailis
14 June 2002, 04:31 PM
While Vixen's answers are certainly amusing for the rest of us (:D), they probably don't help you much. Here's my take on things:

1) I've not heard anything official. But seeing that they're guarding Palpatine, and he has the Force to test loyalty, probably yes.

2) Yes and no. First, if things are wrong with the jump, the nav computer/sensors might miss the mass shadow and not drop from hyperspace. That makes for a very bad day. Also, space isn't very dense. Odds are you travel for years and years before you actually hit anything.

3) Various sources conflict. Vector Prime says you can't go outside the galaxy, but the information in Zahn's books seems to say that the Outbound Flight project intended to do just that. In any case, it would take far longer than any of your characters would want to spend.

4) No clue. Probably because it was convenient for the story.

5) Absolutely. All sorts of them.

6) Some of the young reader books say they get sent to the Agriculture Corps. I think the real answer will come in Episode III. Being sent to the AgriCorps sounds way too dumb. ("If you don't eat all your brussel sprouts, you'll be sent to the AgriCorps!")

7) The only official reference I've seen to Mandalorians comes in the ESB novelization. "A human bounty hunter, Fett was known for his extremely ruthless methods. He was dressed in a weapon-covered, armored spacesuit, the kind worn by a group of evil warriors defeated by the Jedi Knights during the Clone Wars." It doesn't even say "Mandalorian" specifically. There's a lot of mystery around this one as well.

8 ) See above. Details are sketchy.

9) Probably not. Lucas is just coming up with new material. Besides, there are plenty of races in the original trilogy that aren't seen in the prequels. You can't give every race screen time.

10) To some extent. Fifty percent of the genes would come from the clone. However, we don't know how much of the clone nature comes from their environment.

11) I suppose... But rats are pretty weak in the Force. Also, cyborged humans are more vulnerable to the dark side to begin with. How would a droid handle it. Maybe it becomes more vulnerable to the dark side for every bit of organic material he adds (seeing as it's killing or enslaving thinking animals, this seems likely).

12) It probably wasn't cheap, or practical. It also raises all sorts of ethical questions. Besides, why would you need to clone someone unless you wanted to modify or copy their genetic code? There's only one cost effective reason to do so...

13) No idea, for any of them.

14) Why not?

15) I don't think so. There was no reason for Shmi to lie. All it did was make things more complicated for her. She couldn't have deceived Qui-Gon (successfully, anyway) by using the prophecy, even if she somehow learned about it.

16) It's possible, I guess. I've never considered that they could be anything except simply another species.

Superdog
14 June 2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Jaggard

In the new Fett comic it shows Jaster as the leader of the mandolorians fleeing the Deth watch.
Whoa! whoa! whoa! Which Fett comic! There's a new fett comic? Need info! Please?:)

Grimace
14 June 2002, 08:09 PM
I was wondering if I could get some answers about somethings. and maybe they'll give you some ideas.

I'll give this a shot....*cracking knuckles*

Are the red guards in EP2 as incorruptable as they are in the empire?

They appear to be of the same ilk as the blue guards guarding the Supreme Chancellor in Ep I. So I would say, YES, they are incorruptable as a highly trained person could be. Somehow I doubt they undergo the brainwashing the Royal Guardsmen that the Emperor uses did. But I'd call them quite loyal.

If ships get lost in hyperspace wouldn't they come spilling out as soon as they hit a gravity shadow?

You talking getting lost in actual "hyperspace", or failing a hyperspace roll? If it's the former, it's probably akin to going to Otherspace (as per the scenario). Bad ju-ju. If it's the latter, I'd say they pop out into real space somewhere where their nav computer looks at them funny when they tell it to compute a new trajectory. This is unfortunate, but can be used for many new adventures. Bwa ha ha!

How long would it take a ship in hyperspace to reach the next galaxy?
Well, assuming that you, as a GM, allows travel to another galaxy in hyperspace (I'm torn on that particular matter), I'd say it would take quite some time. Galaxies ARE NOT close together. Big big difference between going from one system to another than from one galaxy to another.

What about hutts and toydarians make them especially resistant to the force?

Different chemical make-up in mental functions, I would imagine. Either that or they are especially stubborn and don't take to random "urges" that mind control by the Force would allow.

Are there other groups that have broken off from the jedi? Like the the ones from I jedi (i think thats what I mean)

I would imagine so, though they are probably quite solitary so as not to gain a lot of unwanted attention. I'm sure the Jedi, when they were about, didn't like "splinter" groups, and would want them contained. Plus there are probably groups that just spring up and tend towards some sort of cultish behavior. Of course, that's not quite the same as groups breaking from the Jedi. All told, though, I think splinter groups are probably few and far between. Don't overuse them in games.

What happens to people who are rejected for jedi training (like anakin almost was)?

I would say that they are probably "left alone" but still watched to make sure they don't dabble in the Dark Side. All told, though, I think they'd be expected to NOT try to learn any of the Force, otherwise the Jedi would have to do something...probably containment...maybe worse if the person drifts to the Dark Side.

Why did the jedi take out the Mandalorians?

The Mandalorians are quite a nasty bunch of mercenary warriors/troublemakers. Therefore, they are threat to good and against the ideals of the Jedi. The Mandalorians were also so nasty, that they probably didn't want to peacefully surrender and be taken off to jail...so death was the alternative.

I always thought the mandalorians were a culture not a merc group, which is true?
They were a merc group, but due to their close-knit nature, they were also similar to a culture. Of course, feel free to make them whichever fits your game world better. Personally, I prefer mercs with a severe attitude. :D

There are a number of new races in the prequel that arn't seen in the originals, why? Did something happen to them?

Perhaps. Perhaps they didn't take well with the Emperor's rise to power. Perhaps they were in the systems that seceded from the Republic and were crushed during the Clone Wars. We may never know if they don't show it in the movie. If you want a real, from the gut response...Lucas wasn't thinking of continuity, so he just threw in whatever looked good. But feel free to make up whatever works best for your game...obviously.

If a clonetrooper had a child with another person would that child age faster and learn more quickly?

No. A clone is a normal person, just like you or me...they are just a genetic duplicate of another person. They don't experience the same thing as the other clones (mostly) and they are not super men by any stretch of the imagination.

Could a droid gain access to the force by cyborging itself (hook up a rat inside it's chest cavity)?

Highly doubtful. I droid wouldn't know what to do with the Force. It would be totally alien and abnormal to it, so it wouldn't know how to use it in the slightest. Though...in the far future, maybe they can make a droid with genetic material cells for a brain and then it WOULD know what to do. But that's up to the GM to decide.

It would appear that cloning is for sale to almost anyone who can afford it, so why don't we hear more about it? Why didn't the Mandalorians use it to keep from going poof? One would think it more wide spread.

I wrote up a thing on cloning a while back that might explain this. It's, of course, my own ideas...but it explains things a bit. I'll post that later.

What happened to: Aurra Sing, Asherrad Hett (the tusken padawan), IG-2000 (88 ship), and Guri (or the other HRDs luke encountered on hoth).

Um....no idea...can't even guess. Sorry.

Could some of the droids created by IG-88 have given up on galaxy conquest and settled on an asteroid cluster around a dead star to avoid humans? (alright so that's more speculation the question)

Highly doubtful. War droids are war droids...not settlers.

More speculation.

Do you really think anakin had a father or not? (Annie mesa you father :D )

Yes. Bad writing needs to be explained. He had a father, but he was NOT a nice person. Therefore resides the problem with Anakin.

Is it possible that yoda and yaddle are not a species but hybrids or elevated animals, maybe even force mutations?

Again, highly doubtful. Yoda is just an old member of an alien race not commonly seen. Perhaps they are near extinction?

Hope this gave you some ideas.

Jaggard
14 June 2002, 08:10 PM
It's the one with a picture of what looks like Jango and Boba but it's actually Jaster Mareel and Jango as a little boy. I can't find it right now and don't remember it's name. It's Called something like Jango Fett -------- something or other. It talks about how Jango was just a farm boy and how he ends up a mandalorian.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
14 June 2002, 08:35 PM

There's a group of dudes called the Potentium who are detailed in the book Rogue Planet.

FlipDog 2000
15 June 2002, 08:34 AM
Thats the new jango Fett comic book I think, Jaggard

Superdog
15 June 2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ALFRED_THE_EWOK

There's a group of dudes called the Potentium who are detailed in the book Rogue Planet.
Also, the Dathomiri force witches.

FlipDog 2000
22 June 2002, 09:07 AM
Actually, as far as we know, the Dathomirian Force Witches arent really a group broken off from the Jedi order. Just a random happening of events that led to a bunch of hottie Force Adepts and a world were some Rancors are nice and cuddly.

Superdog
23 June 2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by FlipDog 2000
Actually, as far as we know, the Dathomirian Force Witches arent really a group broken off from the Jedi order. Just a random happening of events that led to a bunch of hottie Force Adepts and a world were some Rancors are nice and cuddly.
I believe it says somewhere that it was founded by a few female jedi who left the order and were pursued until they hidout on Dathomir.