PDA

View Full Version : The name of the Emperor...

Obsidiana
16 June 2002, 12:49 PM
Hi all!

I'm new here and I would like to take part in this forum asking about a question that nowadays I haven't found answer to:

Any one knows what is the COMPLETE name of the Emperor/Senator/Suprem Cancellor Palpatine?

A long time ago I found a name (on a lost web site) that could be probably the one that I'm asking for now...but I don't remember it :?

Rigil Kent
16 June 2002, 02:43 PM
Actually, I don't think that it has ever officially been released. In one of the earliest drafts of The Star Wars (back when it was Starkiller and all that), I'm pretty sure it was Cosh Palpatine, but that isn't official or anything.

VixenofVenus
16 June 2002, 03:58 PM
From StarWars.com Databank - Behind the Scenes
Early draft scripts of Star Wars identified the Emperor as Cos Da××××, who ruled from the Imperial throneworld of Alderaan. The Emperor first appeared on film in The Empire Strikes Back. He was played by an old woman wearing prosthetic makeup, with chimpanzee eyes superimposed in post-production into darkened eye sockets in order to create a truly unsettling image. Palpatine's voice was provided by Clive Revill for Empire. For Jedi and all subsequent films, Palpatine was played by actor Ian McDiarmid.