PDA

View Full Version : NJO Timeline?

powalsh
17 June 2002, 02:25 PM
Does anyone out there know the timeline of the NJO books. I think I read that Star by Star was 2 years after first invasion. If thats correct how much time has passed between Star b Star and Rebel Stand?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
17 June 2002, 02:40 PM
The way that the NJO is suppoesed to work is that the amount of real time between the book releases is supposed to be the same amount of time in the Star Wars universe.

So there is one year between each of the handback books.

QWERTY
19 June 2002, 05:00 AM
powalsh
I think Dark journrey, rebel dream and stand are all set within about 3-6 months after start by star

Thats all i can remebre

Qwerty

powalsh
19 June 2002, 05:01 AM
Im confused. Rebel Dream is only 50 days long, thats barely 2 months. Where did the other 10 months in the year go? I dont see how its possible for their to be a year between each book. Where did you get the notion that the time between novels is considered real ime in the star wars universe?

QWERTY
19 June 2002, 05:07 AM
I dont know about the year thing but Jania spends 2 or 3 months in the hapes sector and then the time added from the other 2 books

Otherwise i am starting to get confused:?

Qwerty

Nova Spice
19 June 2002, 06:10 AM
I believe Frobi is correct powalsh. The time between the books is the actual time in the Star Wars galaxy. I remember reading this in an article when the NJO was first starting up and everyone was still up in arms with Chewie's death. I think it was a Shelly Shapiro (some big name at Lucas Books) who said this in a brief interview on the NJO.
Right now it has been about two and a half years since Chewbacca died and the invasion started.

powalsh
19 June 2002, 08:09 AM
Nova Spice does that estimate come before or after rebel stand?

Nova Spice
19 June 2002, 08:14 AM
Well first, it wasn't an estimate :D and second, yes that comes from the end of Rebel Stand. Sorry I didn't clarify that for you. That was my fault.
I believe that Traitor ends a few months before the three year anniversary of Chewbacca's death. I know it starts overlapping the timeline in Rebel Stand. I read that on the official page. Hope that helps.:)

powalsh
19 June 2002, 08:19 AM
Thank you very much for the timeline. Where is this official page that you speak of?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
19 June 2002, 08:23 AM
I think that Nova is most likly refering to the Lucasbooks Del Ray website.

leighangelj
21 June 2002, 10:25 AM
i think Frobi is right about what site nova is referring to however there is also an unofficial site that is exclusively dedicated to the NJO era. here's the link:
www.unjoh.com

powalsh
21 June 2002, 12:40 PM
All I get is garble and nonsense. Am I doing something wrong or is there someting wrong with the site?

leighangelj
22 June 2002, 10:16 PM
The link worked just fine for me and the information on the timeline is under the schedule link at the left. Sometimes their server goes offline or does something where you can't get to the site but i just tried it out and got there just fine. I swear the link is the right one. you should be able to get there just by clicking on the link in my previous post. Sorry you're having problems:(