PDA

View Full Version : Could i get some help in undrstanding all of this?

Jediace42
18 June 2002, 03:01 PM
I am new to the site and game and i am very, VERY lost.

Please help me!

Wedge in Red2
18 June 2002, 03:32 PM
I have sent Jediace42 a personal message answering some of his queries. However, as a relative newbie myself, I'm by no means a guru!

This does raise the issue of the FAQ - is it possible to expand it to provide more info on "this is what the site is about, this is what you can do, etc."? Info for newbies who stumble onto this cool and useful site, but need to learn how to utilise it!

I am more than happy to contribute in any way to helping out - as a newbie I can tell you some of the questions that I've had that others coming along might like to know about! Feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks for all the good work, this site is now one of my most frequently visited!

Jon

Grimace
18 June 2002, 04:38 PM
Jon, please feel free post the questions that you have/had regarding this site. I'll make sure that the administrators (Armage Bedar and Moridin) see the questions and hopefully those questions can be addressed in and update to the FAQ.

Anyone else that is new to the board...if you have questions on particular things...do's and don'ts...please post them here and I and anyone else in the know will be more than happy to help you out.

To you new members...welcome to the Holonet and SWRPGNetwork! :)

Wedge in Red2
18 June 2002, 08:40 PM
Thanks Grimace,

I've posted a thread with some of my own questions, but some other info that would be cool if it was included in the FAQ would be:

1) How do you navigate SWRPGNetwork?

I know to use the links at the top right of the page, but to new users it might not be immediately apparent.

2) What are each of the areas for?

It might be nice to have a brief summary of what the purpose of each of the areas is: SWRPGNetwork, Conversions, Submissions and Holonet Forum. Some new players are not even aware of WEG’s D6 system (gasp!), so may not understand what the conversion page is for…etc.

Also, it might be nice to have links to the FAQ on all the pages – SWRPGNetwork, Conversions, Submissions and Holonet Forum (at present, as far as I can tell, there is only a link on the Holonet Forums page.

Thanks for all the help, you Admins do a great job running a great site. Keep up the good work!

Jon