PDA

View Full Version : Minority Report

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
22 June 2002, 02:28 PM
Did anyone else see this movie? I thought it was fantastic, though it differed greatly from the story.
Thoughts on this film, anyone?

Reverend Strone
22 June 2002, 08:46 PM
Hasn't opened down here yet. I plan on checking it outy when it does. I've heard loads of good things about it.

Superdog
23 June 2002, 07:48 PM
I'd say it was the best moive of this year. (so far)
Here's some free advice. Go watch it, RIGHT NOW.
It's SciFi at it's best.

VixenofVenus
23 June 2002, 08:59 PM
I wouldn't say it's the BEST MOVIE SO FAR THIS YEAR ... I would say that there are two movies that came out this weekend that are both in This Year's top ten already ... Lilo and Stitch is probably one of the best Disney (classic animation) movies to come out since the mid 90's.

Minority Report was good ... but Lilo and Stitch was better. Minority Report did have some amazing visuals and very good action. But the storyline was not as suspenseful as I anticipated and the acting was sub-par for your standard Spielberg movie, I guess Steve just couldn't get Tom to give a completely 'director-inspired' performance.

But they are both great movies and at least worth the Matinee price.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
23 June 2002, 09:33 PM
I loved Minority Report, but I guess I couldn't compare it to Lilo and Stitch since I don't watch those kinds of movies. I would say though, that any sci-fi fan should definantly go see Minority Report.

Superdog
23 June 2002, 10:03 PM
But Minority Report has things that Disney films lack. No, I haven't, nor will I, see Lilo and Stitch. In other words I'm just going on assumptions, and that's bad.;) Anyway, you mentioned acting, visuals (8o), and storyline. But there's more, it's a sort of prediction of the road we're on. Notice how in Minority Report the cops don't need warrants, nor evidince to lock people up forever. Could that happen to us? (suspected terrorists are being held as we speak with no trial nor hearing)Those are relevant issues. It also raises questions that can be discused for hours. (Was it a plot by Agatha? Was the movie after John is locked up just "his wildest dreams coming true"? Is Precrime worth it?) Anyhoo, those are just my opinions, and yours may vary...:)