PDA

View Full Version : Lucas to remake Episodes 4,5 & 6

812v8nlg
27 June 2002, 03:52 AM
This is a rumor I heard, does anyone know how true it is??

Corr Terek
27 June 2002, 06:32 AM
Yeah, it's called the SW Trilogy Special Edition, and it came out in 1997. If you look really hard, you might be able to find a copy.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
27 June 2002, 08:32 AM
That's right but he is going to do another one with even more bonus stuff with things that include Jimmy Smitts and Ms. Portman.

lrdgrifter
27 June 2002, 08:36 AM
Everything I've heard point to these not actually being "Special Editions", but the DVD release. From everything I know about it, there will be no additional footage in the films, but there will be features like in TPM DVD. And no, Portman will NOT be appearing on the DVD for Jedi for sure. That rumor has already been debunked. For some reason, I'd probably give a big honking negative to Smitts as well. He had about 45 seconds of screen time in AotC, and they cut out all of his lines, so.....

812v8nlg
27 June 2002, 11:24 PM
No, no, no

What I meant is-

Is Lucas gonna completely remake 4,5 & 6. As in new films, new actors, new effects. So there is consistency from ep1-6???????????

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
27 June 2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by lrdgrifter
For some reason, I'd probably give a big honking negative to Smitts as well. He had about 45 seconds of screen time in AotC, and they cut out all of his lines, so.....

I heard an interview where Jimmy Smits said that Lucas had told him about a minor addition to ANH with him in it. Plus, I have heard that Lucas wants to put the Imperial March in it too.

Moff Neomen
28 June 2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by 812v8nlg
No, no, no

What I meant is-

Is Lucas gonna completely remake 4,5 & 6. As in new films, new actors, new effects. So there is consistency from ep1-6???????????

Why would it be consistent to include the actors from Episodes 4-6 in the new films?

Unless you meant "consistent" as more of the effects. To which I would reply: bullcrap. They're not gonna go and redo a movie with new special effects; just think of the reaction from the public. "You're destroying our heritage!" and other such stuff.

That sounds completely like a wild rumor from someone who wants to watch the series all the way through without the special effects gap in between episodes 3 and 4.

Talonne Hauk
28 June 2002, 07:13 AM
Nah, if Lucas had that kind of time, he'd make episodes 7-9. He's already said that after he finishes episode 3, he's done with Star Wars.

BrianDavion
28 June 2002, 10:43 AM
sides ya know something, as a film the classic trilogy has aged pretty well. with the minor tweek the special edition gave us I'd say special effects wise it's still pretty good.. hell there are modren films with crappier special effects then the original trilogy

hisham
2 July 2002, 05:44 AM
The only beef I have with the Special Editions would be the editing of the finale of ESB where Darth Vader boarding his shuttle for the Executor, intercutting it with the Falcon-TIE chase, which in my opinion screwed up with the pacing.

But if (let's throw reality out the window) there was gonna be a remake of the Classic Trilogy, imagine Freddie Prinze Jr as Luke, Sarah Michell Gellar as Leia and... Matthew Lillard as Han.8o

Talonne Hauk
2 July 2002, 06:38 AM
Hisham, how can you live with yourself after typing such blasphemy?

Nova Spice
2 July 2002, 06:59 AM
But if (let's throw reality out the window) there was gonna be a remake of the Classic Trilogy, imagine Freddie Prinze Jr as Luke, Sarah Michell Gellar as Leia and... Matthew Lillard as Han.

I may have to hurt myself now.........

hisham
2 July 2002, 07:05 AM
Actually, a large gaping smoking hole suddenly appeared out of nowhere on the side of my cranium immediately after posting that. God knows how I'm still typing on my keyboard.:D

Superdog
2 July 2002, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by hisham
But if (let's throw reality out the window) there was gonna be a remake of the Classic Trilogy, imagine Freddie Prinze Jr as Luke, Sarah Michell Gellar as Leia and... Matthew Lillard as Han.8o
They already made a movie like that. Remember wing commander? I unfortuneatly do. I hope you do not.