PDA

View Full Version : Fanfic Submissions

Moff Neomen
28 June 2002, 01:05 PM
Just a question...when the Online Journal gets up and running, would it be accepting story submissions? I've got one (currently on the Fanfic forum) that I'd like to submit to the Journal when it's back up.

StClair
28 June 2002, 03:21 PM
Oh, we're definitely going to be accepting fiction submissions. In fact, we already are. Send 'em in!

dgswensen
28 June 2002, 05:06 PM
Okay... but... send them in where? :)

Donovan Morningfire
28 June 2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by StClair
Oh, we're definitely going to be accepting fiction submissions. In fact, we already are. Send 'em in!
This brings up a couple questions. Not where, I already figured that one out. journal@starwars-rpg.net (unless that's changed)

1) Roughly how long before we hear as to whether or not a submitted fan-fic is approved?

2) If approved, is it fine to post it elsewhere?

Reason I ask these two questions is I already submitted my latest fan-fic work, and was considering also posting it in the Holonet's Fan-Fic Forum. Answers would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to seeing a revived Online Journal.

StClair
30 June 2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Donovan Morningfire
This brings up a couple questions. Not where, I already figured that one out. journal@starwars-rpg.net (unless that's changed)

Nope. Still the same.

1) Roughly how long before we hear as to whether or not a submitted fan-fic is approved?

Hm. Well, I'll confess that this is something that has been rather irregular in the past, more in the breach than anything else. I tend(ed) to shovel everything into a pile and pick from that pile when it comes time to make a Journal. However, it would be more professional to acknowledge submissions, so I guess I should start doing that. :)

2) If approved, is it fine to post it elsewhere?

Sure. We don't demand exclusivity, especially since a lot of stuff we get is already posted on the author's website or wherever.

Reason I ask these two questions is I already submitted my latest fan-fic work, and was considering also posting it in the Holonet's Fan-Fic Forum. Answers would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to seeing a revived Online Journal.

I don't see any problem with posting it here as well. Nealos, fellow editors, what's your opinion?

BRodgers
1 July 2002, 08:20 AM
I dont see a problem with submitting it elsewhere. Granted, if it shows up in the OJ there is a better chance of it having accompanying artwork of course.:D

Moff Neomen
1 July 2002, 10:07 AM
Are you insinuating that submitted stories will have complimentary artwork done for them when posted? :D Or that we could submit artwork to go with it?

BRodgers
1 July 2002, 10:19 AM
Insinuating? Absolutely...I would be straight out guaranteeing that the fanfic will have accompanying artwork but it will depend on how many other assignments I will be giving to my already overworked staff.

See, wwe arent messing about here..theNew and Improved Online Journal will be very sweet!!!:D

Moff Neomen
1 July 2002, 10:21 AM
Let me be the first to say: SWEET!!

Donovan Morningfire
1 July 2002, 02:57 PM
First off, thanks for the answers StClair. I wasn't sure, so felt it safer to ask. I've had some problems with fan-zines before in that regard. Good to see that the folks in charge of the Online Journal have their heads screwed on straight.

Originally posted by BRodgers
Insinuating? Absolutely...I would be straight out guaranteeing that the fanfic will have accompanying artwork but it will depend on how many other assignments I will be giving to my already overworked staff.
Well, if what the few folks that I've shown my latest work to have said is any indicator, there's a couple scenes that would definitely inspire artwork :D

Korris
4 July 2002, 02:34 PM
Aha! *Finds the Online Journal thang*
Heya folks, a litle off topic here...Just completed a request for Bob and went in search of this Online Journal :)

Bob, Pic is done and Emailed it to you.
*feels all warm inside*

But Bob, what would happen if everyone refused to do some art for ya? ;)
You would be overworked yourself :)

BRodgers
4 July 2002, 02:41 PM
Im already overworked Korris :D

But in answer to your question...that is one of the catch-22's of SWAG Guild Membership....artists can only refuse my requests so many times. If they turn me down too often...well, lets just not think about that shall we?

:D

Oh, btw, superb job on the assignment I sent you...it's going to add much beauty to the OJ.