PDA

View Full Version : Where did the design from the war droids come from?

Urshawada
30 June 2002, 12:59 AM
++++++++++++++++++++ SPOILER++++++++++++++++++++
If you haven't read Star by Star yet.

Has any one ever wondered how Lando got the designs of the YVH war droids heís producing?
Iím guessing theyíre type-1 prototype Dark Trooper plans. The description from the NJO book made think of the old Dark Forces game and if you look at the source books the stats are almost identical.
Iím just wondering how he got a hold of the plans. Any Ideas?

Zanus
30 June 2002, 10:43 AM
heh, maybe this is how Kyle Katarn gets worked into the NJO. You think he would go running around in the Arc Hammer and pass up a chance to get the blue prints for one of the most pwerful infantry systems ever made? You know how much you could make for sucha thing? Of coarse this is off the basis of the 'old' Katarn who wasn't a Jedi yet, but a rebel agent looking for notice (as if getting the death star plans and blowing up the arc hammer wouldn't do it, a guy still needs pocket change after all) otherwise I have no clue

Urshawada
1 July 2002, 04:28 AM
Opps.

if you look at the source books the stats are almost identical

I made this statement before I looked at the stats again, they are different. But I believe that they used the blue prints, but had them updated with more current technologies.

<Open foot and insert Mouth> :o

Thatís what you get for not double checking your sources.

:D

The idea I like is that Lando was a general around that time and being the entrepreneur he is helped himself to the plans for future endeavors.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 July 2002, 03:44 PM
That sounds totally plausible... and dubiously sneaky of Lando to use those buleprints to redesign and sell back to the NR, since it was kyle who stole those blueprints in the firstplace for the NR :D

Once a con man, always a con man :)

I'm still reading through Star by Star, but yeah, those YVH droids had me thinking the exact same thing about the darktroopers.

Pel
6 July 2002, 11:13 AM
Who's the black con man who's always helping Han?
Lando!
Can you dig it?
Who's the cat who won't cop out when there's Y-Vong all about?
Lando!
Right on.

No other NFS character in NJO has done more to halt the Vong progression than the Baron Administrator himself. While everyone else is mourning losses, searching for their inner Jedi, or looking for a purpose in life, Lando has been in the thick of things from the beginning.
Whether he's leading an attack run on the Death Star, getting wounded while repelling a Vong invasion, winning piles of cred at sabacc, or backstabbing his best buddy, the man does it with style.

Grim Fantango
10 July 2002, 06:49 PM
Look down...
http://www.boomspeed.com/themessenjah/YVH1.jpg
nuff said...

This is MY YVH droid, the other versions sounded kinda weak.

Reminds me, I need to finish this...

Jett Darkstar
13 July 2002, 12:47 PM
Pretty cool, Grim! B)