PDA

View Full Version : Tales Novels *Possible Spoilers*

Pel
7 July 2002, 10:37 PM
I just finished perusing a few EU novels:

Tales of the Bounty Hunters
Tales from Jabba's Palace
Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina

From the fate of IG-88 to that of Bib Fortuna, it's in there like Ragu. So, what were your favorite moments/stories?

Zanus
8 July 2002, 09:12 AM
of those three I have only read the bounty hunters book. I liked the IG 88 story. Gives a good plot device for a game too. I think the Dengar story was pretty good too, added a different dimension to the bounty hunter.

however the trandoshans story illustrates just how little effect the 'tales of' books have on the rest of the EU. I think they are more considered infinities(or whatever the term is supposed to be) then anything else.

Pel
8 July 2002, 03:57 PM
Probably so, but they do make for excellent reads. Out of the three books, it's a toss-up between IG-88's story and that of Worrt, Jabba's pet with a hidden agenda ;)

Jaggard
8 July 2002, 06:11 PM
I liked the Jawa rebel, the Hammerhead botanist, IG-88, Zuckass and 4-lom, and some others but I liked The Tale of the dancer and big game hunter who leave Jabbas and go to rescue her cubs.

The jawa because he sought to be different, the hammerhead because he chose to raise two sons who where born from his enemy. IG because of the potential independant droids, and 4-lom almost becomes a race on his own. But the one i like the best is about two very incompatable people climbing out of hell and Meeting a epic monster claiming it's treasure and prospering.

Tem_Starrunner
11 July 2002, 10:21 AM
My favorite would have to be about the moisture farm trying to restore peace between the Sand People and the farmers. It seems he off to a good started and then everything goes to hell. As he tries to put things right the Empire steps in and tears everthing apart.

My second favorite has to the Boba Fett story out of Tales of the Bounty Hunters. With him being shown as old and even sloppy by shooting the wrong person. But nothing beats the sceene with Han and Fett holding each other at gun point and both of them deciding to walk away and signified the end of Fett's grudge match with Solo (I think that's how that story ended).

Pel
11 July 2002, 06:48 PM
Actually we're never sure just how it plays out. The story ends with Han and Boba holding guns to each others' heads. Maybe they decided to end it all, maybe one was faster on the trigger, but my money's with you: they just decided to walk away.

Deck
23 July 2002, 01:42 PM
I personally like the Cantina and Jabba tales best, because of their detailed look behind the scenes of these well-known and famous locations. :)

Ziiteesh
23 July 2002, 03:27 PM
Personally, I am a big fan of the ongoing story of the Anzati's pursuit of the perfect "soup."

Sompeetalay
21 August 2002, 08:39 AM
I liked Mos Eisley and Jabba very much. Great stories. TOTBH did not live up to my expectation. The story of IG was good, until he got hin brain into the 2nd Death Star ... come on, let's get real 8o

I also found the story of Zuckuss and 4-LOM not very good because they were made good characters in that story. I just like them to be bad.
They should have used other Bounty Hunters like Djas Puhr and Danz Borin to create more and shorter stories.

I'd really like to see more "Tales of". What about TO Coruscant, TO Mos Espa, TO Cloud City, TO Endor ? I think they would make great novels.

Zanus
21 August 2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Pel
Probably so, but they do make for excellent reads. Out of the three books, it's a toss-up between IG-88's story and that of Worrt, Jabba's pet with a hidden agenda ;)

I distinclty remember Han and Boba agreeing to walk away and doing so. Maybe later prints of the book had an ending inserted to bring closure or something.

Originally posted by Sompeetalay
I'd really like to see more "Tales of". What about TO Coruscant, TO Mos Espa, TO Cloud City, TO Endor ? I think they would make great novels.

Oh great, just what we need, more stories about the Ewoks! didn't they die form the fallout of the Death Star II? :P

Sompeetalay
22 August 2002, 12:10 PM
I think Tales of Endor would make a great novel !

What about those Rebel Commando's of the Strike Team ? What about that black dressed Dresselian we saw entering the Tydirium but only saw once more during the final celebration ? What about the Imperials ? What about Noa Briqualon or the Sanyassan Marauders ?

And indeed also Ewoks ... their stories could be made interesting.

As long as writer don't intend to write the most important event in SW history their stories will do. Just don't try to make an Ewok Jedi destroy the father of Darth Maul. We have enough of these unbelievable things already.