PDA

View Full Version : NJO campaign-help needed!

kckamas
8 July 2002, 06:07 AM
I just got the revised core rulebook and am working on my first campaign. It takes place in the universe the Yuzhon VOng came from. The PC will be an "Elve". I need ideas for enemy ships, npcs, ect.
and any help on game mastering who be helpful as well.

Thanks

Ravager_of_worlds
8 July 2002, 07:16 AM
first advice- put the money down for the "New Jedi Order Sourcebook"- for d20

or read all the books in the series if in d6- but since the NJO sourcebook doesn't have terrible stats but is actually a 'progressionary timeline' of sorts, the WotC book isn't a bad choice.

second advice- baptize yourself in all information about the Vong. Otherwise you won't do these demented invaders justice. :)

powalsh
12 July 2002, 08:31 AM
What is the PC's affiliation? Where is he from? What is his heroic motivation? I always feel that it is best to design the campaign around the PC. If your just GMing 1 PC then you can really focus on how the galaxy affects him. The major events of the NJO storyline will happen around him and he will have to react to them. I agree with the Ravager that you should bone up on the NJO novels. This will help give you a mental timeline, and will make it easier for you to decide where and when to insert the PC into the story. So far the invasion is almost at the three year point, so you have a lot of room to work in. Once you narrow some details down I think you will find the rest falls into place.

kckamas
13 July 2002, 06:57 AM
The Character will be an "Elve" cross between Tolkien's Elves and warhammer40k Eldar. The Elves are older then even the humans, they live on massive ships that can cloak. And their home planet is called Ea. They've watched the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion and now decided to send a strike force into the Yuzzhan Vong galaxy.
The PC is picked for the mission, and him and an NPC ally will be sent to investigate a planet in the new galaxy, which happens to be a large Yuuzhan Vong city. He'll witness what might happen to his own galaxy if they dont stop the Yuzzhan Vong.

powalsh
13 July 2002, 12:38 PM
Okay, sounds interesting. Im not very familiar with warhammer, but I do know a tolkien elf. If your campaign is going to take place behind enemy lines than you are going to have to figure out a few things.

1) You are going to have to come up with a plausible technological or fantastic way of describing how this species of people managed to break out of their galaxy and ito the Vongs. Maybe they have advanced hyperspace technology? Maybe they have to sneak aboard a Vong ship headed back to their galaxy?

2) You will have to create a Vong world. Ecosystem, infrastructure, cities, etc... This will take time and imagination, but hey thats what this is all about. Try to localize the campaign to one world in Vong space, by stranding the PC's or by making this one world their primary mission.

3) Describe the decline of Vong civilization. They have invaded this galaxy because theirs is all used up. Describe it to the PC's. Make the Vong's everyday living problems, their problems. Maybe since everything in Vong space is alive, they are running out of food and resources. Vicious gangs rule the streets or maybe rouge monsters and shamed ones prey upon anyone and anything. The possibilities are endless.

4) deside who the PC's work for. Who sent them and what kind of information are they looking to obtain? Is this a recon mission or a sabotage , or kidnapping?

Master_thorin
15 July 2002, 07:50 PM
This will require massive work though once you finish I would love to see the results!