PDA

View Full Version : Server Busy messages

Wedge in Red2
8 July 2002, 09:57 PM
Hi folks,

I seem to be getting a lot of "Server Busy" messages on here as of late. Is it me, or are others encountering the same problems too? It's weird, it doesn't seem like there are lots of users on here when I get them, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Please note, this is not a complaint. I appreciate the (free) service I receive. Just me trying to understand why I'm getting these messages.

Thanks for you help.

Jon

wolfe
8 July 2002, 10:36 PM
yep been running into that myself, i just clean out my internet cookies and i can get on with no problem.

Nazgul
9 July 2002, 05:17 AM
I'm seeing the problem also. There's two simple ways to deal with this.

1st, Log out when you leave (or delete your internet cookies), and when you come back log back in. (I think Donovan 1st suggested this)

2nd, If you don't want to delete your cookies, goto the main page 1st and then click on the link (on the upper right hand corner of the page) to let you in.

Hope this helps, and I don't know what causes it either.

Wedge in Red2
9 July 2002, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried deleting my cookies but to no avail. Oh well, no biggie, I guess I'll just live with it! Cheers!

Jon

Pel
9 July 2002, 08:52 PM
Only 'server busy' messages I've received occur when I have multiple brower windows open and try to log in. Probably just a Windows TM thing :D

Darklighter
9 July 2002, 08:55 PM
Hm. I've been having this problem too. I actually lost a very long post in the D6 forum (in response to Frank Bonura's request for stats from gg 8: Scouts) to just such a message, an event which frustrated me greatly! I don't know what's up. Does the server have a low maximum capacity, or is there some other problem at play? At no time that I've posted have more than about 30-40 people been on, and the number is usually lower, somewhere in the teens.

Matt Richard
9 July 2002, 09:30 PM
I think Chris Curtis mentioned this (but it could have been someone else), the site has a server downtime (what that is, I dont know, Im not a technical person, but i think its if you take to long in doing something or making an action, the server shuts down, hence long messegas usually get lost). In order to fix this problem, whenever I know that Ive taken to long to type something, I copy and paste it onto notepad. I click submitt, and if it doesnt work, I just go through the process again, simply pasting my message from notepad to the reply interface. Hope that helps!

Reverend Strone
9 July 2002, 09:37 PM
I've never known the Network to be as hard to log onto or get around than it is at the moment for me. Cookies or no, I'm getting Server Busy notices at every second page load.

Matt Richard
9 July 2002, 09:48 PM
I guess im a lucky one, even with my crapy speed of 26.4 Kbps (im assuming thats kilobites per second). I havnt seen one of these server busy messages in at least a month or two.:raised:

Wedge in Red2
9 July 2002, 10:09 PM
Hold on to your horses, here's a reply to 3 of the previous messages...

Originally posted by Darklighter
Hm. I've been having this problem too. I actually lost a very long post in the D6 forum (in response to Frank Bonura's request for stats from gg 8: Scouts) to just such a message, an event which frustrated me greatly!

Ditto (except in d20 forum), that's what prompted the post! :)

Originally posted by Matt Richard
I think Chris Curtis mentioned this (but it could have been someone else), the site has a server downtime (what that is, I dont know, Im not a technical person, but i think its if you take to long in doing something or making an action, the server shuts down, hence long messegas usually get lost). In order to fix this problem, whenever I know that Ive taken to long to type something, I copy and paste it onto notepad. I click submitt, and if it doesnt work, I just go through the process again, simply pasting my message from notepad to the reply interface. Hope that helps!

Yes, that's what I've resorted to doing too. Thanks for the info on the "server downtime" thing too. I'm not a techie either, but it sounds like a good explaination. :D

Originally posted by Reverend Strone
Cookies or no, I'm getting Server Busy notices at every second page load.

Ditto. It's becoming very frequent. Once in a while I can handle, but when it's happening every time I log on, it's frustrating.

Jon

Bodom79
11 July 2002, 01:04 AM
I have same problems, but not too many times. I can live with that.

I have also problems with Wizards homepage. Some pages doesn't seem to work at all. I get HTTP 500 internal error messages every day. I don't what is the problem, but it drive me nuts sometimes. :raised:

Armage Bedar
11 July 2002, 04:35 PM
Sorry, folks -- looks like the user and load limits on the server were still set too low. They're up there, but I guess we're just pushing the envelope. I've upped them again, so let me know if you still encounter them.

Wedge in Red2
11 July 2002, 08:24 PM
Thanks Armage, from all of us who have been having problems! :D

Jon

Nova Spice
22 July 2002, 02:05 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I seem to be experiencing technical difficulties quite often. I've lost countless posts in the last two days because of "Server Busy" messages! 8o

Granted, it could be my computer or my connection, so perhaps its just me and not the Network!? B)

P.S. I know you guys get really tired of people complaining about the Busy messages, and I apologize ahead of time! :D I just wanted to let you know that something is still causing a few people some trouble. ;) Thanks!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 July 2002, 04:16 PM
I'd have to agree with Nova on this one... especially with the posting, with blind luck i've been able to land back to the submit page to recover my posts...

However the strange thing i find is that i can "leapfrog" by using 2 browsers... when the first one gets nothing but "serverbusy" messages, i fire up a second one and browse with it until it gets snagged... (and often to paste my replie posts and submit them).. then i switch back to browser 1 and reload the holonet page...

Using ie5.5 sp2... I dunno... The Milenium Falcon's cranky droid brains must be of inspiration to the holonet's server... :D