PDA

View Full Version : Any Adventure/Campaigns Ideas for two Jedi Knights?

telsarin
11 July 2002, 05:52 PM
I currently run a game for two 7th level Jedi Guardians. They just attained the Jedi Knight rank. One is a clearly lightside Jedi and one is on the precarious edge of falling to the darkside.
First i had them bust a group of 'dark siders' being used by the not yet formed sepratist leader Tyrannus. After that they found out that something is going on out in the rim worlds. They were asked to guard a diplomat being sent to a planet to try and bring back a planet that is separating from the republic. Their real mission was to gather intelligence and try and see what is going on out in the rim. they figured it out and ended the trouble and found out about someone trying to gather a force. The planet's govnt. was taken over by a military leader and when everything was returned to normal, several ships (capital, starfighter, etc.) were found missing, or claimed to have been destroyed by pirates. With the records altered and those who ran those positions dead, there is no way to disprove this. But the planet's leader didn't buy it and told the Jedi. They returned to the temple and asked to be allowed to go undercover and not let the senate know they were undercover due to it's corrupted state. also there is the few remnants of that dark jedi group who escaped including a bad guy the PCs personally hate. So they want to go undercover as smugglers and see what they turn up. This takes place about 2 years after episode I so i'm gonna have then see the Outbound project be destroyed, etc. I just wanted you all's advice on where i could take this 'storyline'.
THANKS!

Pel
11 July 2002, 06:07 PM
A smuggling campaign is an excellent opportunity for roleplaying between a strictly lightside Jedi and teetering-on-the-brink darksider. All sorts of situations can pop up in this type of fringe setting which can lead to excellent conflict/resolution between the two. A few sources of tension:

Running illegal/dangerous cargo to make the acquaintance of criminals. (what better way to gain seedy contacts?)

Performing "tests of loyalty" to gain the trust of crime lords (blast the little old lady, and you're in the gang)

Using Jedi Mind Tricks to influence deals ("That spice cargo is only worth 100 credits and two bottles of fizzyglug.")

The possibilities are truly endless.

Redeemed Jedi
11 July 2002, 08:42 PM
pel has some great points. i've been playing one of those light dark jedis for over a year now, and the besst roleplay has come from stupid angry decisions, hanging out with a notorious smuggler who is always in trouble, and basically running amuck. so if you want an intense roleplay game stick to those lines for a bit and see how it turns out.

shadow master
11 July 2002, 10:35 PM
Here is another suggestion. Somehow they find out that the Dark Jedi they personally hate is alive...and being real people, they will want him dead. The teetery Jedi even more so, and what if they had to save his life? I mean, they still are Jedi, and it is the ultimate test of heroics. Can you save the person you despise the most? If yes, you are a hero, if no, you belong to the dark side.

Or perhaps, you run them on some completely different adventure, see the ideas above, then use the Dark Sider. Maybe along with the Outbound project.

GreatHornedDragon
12 July 2002, 11:39 PM
A few ideas:
- Have them, as smugglers, try to uncover as many clues about the massing force as possible. After they start discovering a few things, they can find out who's behind the whole force, and what his/her goals are (greed, wealth, destruction, etc). Then you could have the PCs try to convince the senate of what is happening to get help, maybe the senate doesn't believe them, so they have to attempt to rally a force to fight them..?
- Expand on the Dark siders idea and have some form of 'cult' that is trying to viciously eliminate all Jedi they find. Make the leader a fallen Jedi who had some bad experiences with the Council, maybe he never got chosen as a Padawan because he was reckless, etc.

Ravager_of_worlds
13 July 2002, 01:02 PM
another idea is get your two erstwhile jedi involved with the hutts. how can you say "smuggler" without working for a hutt? (note, rhetorical question)

this is just 2 years after ep 1? then you got a few years before Ep 2 hits the storyline. you honestly can't 'reveal' the ep 2 stuff too soon- or if you do, find some way to get your jedi discredited or tossed from the order- and when they are in some dust town bar watching the tube 5 years later and see the "battle of geonosis" they can feel better about themselves.

or if the darker jedi wants to pursue prestige classes... there is nothing like a good/bad duo.

telsarin
13 July 2002, 08:19 PM
I'm not sure what i am going to do about the other episodes. I was thinking of ending things with this undercover adventure with the Jedi finding out about the soon to be sepratists. Then having a little lull, say a few years worth to get them up to Episode 2ish times. Or maybe not, tha'ts why i'm asking for ideas, i don't really know what to do. They asked me to run something so i did it all off the top of my head. I had not planned a thing, but they liked it so much they wanted me to turn it into a campaign and now i don't know where to go with it.

telsarin
13 July 2002, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure what i am going to do about the other episodes. I was thinking of ending things with this undercover adventure with the Jedi finding out about the soon to be sepratists. Then having a little lull, say a few years worth to get them up to Episode 2ish times. Or maybe not, tha'ts why i'm asking for ideas, i don't really know what to do. They asked me to run something so i did it all off the top of my head. I had not planned a thing, but they liked it so much they wanted me to turn it into a campaign and now i don't know where to go with it.

Ricas Chumm
15 July 2002, 04:12 PM
I'm running a jedi game as well.. 2 jedi and their Technician associate.

They are currently working for the jedi council. If anything happens between two species where you need impartiality, Jedi are called. If you have a mystery that defies all logic or involves "magic" the Jedi are called. Their mission is to keep the peace. They are not necessarily cops they are the NSA,CIA and FBI.

Look at the current newspapers. Terrorist organizations. The Seperatist movement is gaining ground between EP1 and EP2. Terrorist activity is increasing as well.

They are 7th rank. This means they can get a padawan. In my game the kids belonged to a Padawan pool. They did not have a single master untill they were 3rd level. This gave them a broad teaching base. Perhaps they can be asigned a temp padawan. Someone to teach the ways of the force.

Being guardians they can accompany doctors and diplomats to outer rim planets as heads of security on mercy missions.

Hope these help.

Puck
16 July 2002, 02:17 AM
Building on Chumm's work above - how about the Jedi X-Files? :D

Puck :)