PDA

View Full Version : SWRPGNetwork ... an Ennie Nominee!!!

REG
11 July 2002, 06:35 PM
Congratulation goes to Moridin, GMSarli, Rigil Kent, Armage Bedar, and the rest of the web team on your 2002 EN World d20 System Awards nomination in the Best Fan Resource Site category.

Moridin
11 July 2002, 09:12 PM
We're very honored. However, we have a long road ahead of us. We're the only non-D&D site nominated, and I don't know if we can stand up against that mammoth. My hope is that the SWRPG community will rally behind us and put together a unified effort while the D&D community splits among the other sites.

Morrus
13 July 2002, 03:44 PM
It was well deserved! Why do you think I don't bother posting Star Wars RPG news myself? :)

OverLord
14 July 2002, 04:35 AM
Do not worry Moridin we will rally behind you and do are best!!!

We cannot allow D&D to beat Star Wars!!!

Moridin
14 July 2002, 07:46 AM
It's not so much D&D vs. Star Wars as it is 4 other good sites that cater to the biggest RPG ever vs. one site dedicated to a niche of a niche. It's going to be difficult, but hopefully we stand a chance. We've got more stats than the Creature Catalogue (did you know that when you combine Submissions, Conversions, and the main site we're going on 1,700 entries?!), more news scoops than any other site for the SWRPG, and have contributions from professional Star Wars authors on the site. Like I said, we'll need the support of the entire community to stand a chance.

However, Armage, GM Sarli, and I will be attending the ceremony at GenCon this year, so at the very least we'll be able to meet and greet our competitors.

evan hansen
14 July 2002, 07:50 PM
How is this award determined? It seems exceptionally cool that the site got nominated, but I'm wondering on the criteria for actually winning the award. Is there a fan vote component? I would assume not since no one has yet mentioned it.

Just curious.

Moridin
15 July 2002, 07:30 AM
It is determined by fan voting. However, the voting doesn't begin for a couple of days.

REG
16 July 2002, 08:04 PM
The EN World d20 System Award (the ENnies) voting booth is now open! Vote for the best in each category but do not forget to vote SWRPGNetwork (www.swprnetwork.com) in the Fan Resource Site category.

Sorry, I got excited. :(

EDIT: Sorry, again. I got way too excited that I forgot to post the link to the voting booth. A reminder, vote wisely, because you can only go through it once. In fact, look over the list of nominees so you don't make a mistake, especially the Fan Resource Site category. And when you received a email message (you must provide an email address), click the link in the email to send your confirmation.

GOTO: http://www.enworld.org/booth.htm

Darklighter
19 July 2002, 10:41 AM
Hey, I voted! It was weird. I haven't played D&D in a few years, so I'm going through the categories to figure what I know and can vote on, and I keep saying to myself, "Nope don't know that, no clue on this, what the heck is that? This looks neat, wonder what its like... AH! At last. Fan resource site. There's one I know and can vote on! Next question... Nope...etc."

Seventeen questions, and I cast one vote. Oh well.

Anyway, congrats on the nomination, and good luck! :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 July 2002, 04:21 PM
By the way guys.... A friendly reminder to those who havn't voted yet, the SWRPG vote is on page 13 of 17 ....

I have to admit, i never heard of all that many D&D sites, so up to page 13, i just voted on what sounded as coolest per category :p same goes for pages 14-17 :D

And you all did yer e-mail verifications right? meaning putting in a valid addy and follow its instructions... else yer vote ain't valid! (cryin shame that would be wouldn't it?)

Darklighter
4 August 2002, 09:35 PM
Hey, what happened with the Ennie? Are there any results, and if so, how did SWRPGNetwork do?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
5 August 2002, 01:14 AM
They are announcing it Friday at GenCon right?

Armage Bedar
5 August 2002, 10:47 AM
Yes, the announcement will be at Friday at GenCon. We'll be there, and we'll announce the results as soon as we can (especially if we win ;-)

Darklighter
5 August 2002, 02:13 PM
Excellent! Thanks, and good luck Friday, Armage! :)

hisham
5 August 2002, 04:33 PM
I voted for swrpgnetwork, so I wont be dancing the watumba all night if the site doesn't win.

And because I haven't been exposed to the new D&D or d20 stuff for more than 5 years now, so the other votes are mostly, "Which of these titles sounds funky?"