PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Modification Question

Falanx
15 July 2002, 02:10 PM
Hey I have player who had the great idea oft trying to combine parts from an ion pistol and a blaster pistol to make a gun that can switch between both. He wants to take out the stun ability from the blaster pistol and make it switch to ion when he flips the stun switch. Would a weapon like this even be possible to make? Should I even let him make it or would it be too cheap? If I let him make it how hard should it be?

RenX99
15 July 2002, 02:44 PM
He sounds just like one of my players, always trying to tweak some gadget or create a new one.

I would see the problem with doing this modification, but there are a couple things he would have to over come. First ion weapons work on a completely different principle than blasters. The internal components of a blaster are different than those of an ion gun... so the best thing I would be able to come up with would be a gun that is larger than normal due to having to have components from both types of weapons. Perhaps something that an over-under shotgun weapon, where you have two barrels stacked on top of each other... basically splicing two weapons together.

The second problem with this idea is that the weapon would probably fall into a exotic weapon catagory, and you're player might not want to use a feat to get that weapon proficiency.

You also may want to give this type of weapon some kind of flaw.. like it fumbling on a 1,2 or perhaps fumbling the weapon could cause an ion discharge possibly permanently damaging the weapon itself. who knows.. just have fun with it.

Ren

Falanx
15 July 2002, 08:55 PM
Thanks I explained everything you said to my PC and he decided against the modification because he didn't like the idea of having a big bulky exotic weapon.