PDA

View Full Version : Palpatine == Sidious == Emperor == Master Syphadious?

Seghast
15 July 2002, 10:35 PM
Seriously... Everyone is accepting that Sidious is Palpatine already. There's something few people seem to have caught on to.

Master Syphadious (poor spelling of his name, I'm sure, but I don't feel like looking up the correct spelling) ordered the clone army created, and died ten years before Obi-Wan went to Kamino. Ten years ago is roughly the same time Sidious made his presence known. Is it possible Sidious is NOT Palpatine, but Syphadious instead? Perhaps Master Syphadious had been studying the Dark Side and became corrupted by it, and then faked his own death so he could become Darth Sidious.

I think it's entirely possible that Syphadious is Sidious, and Palpatine is, thus far, only a pawn in Sidious' bid for power. Palpatine, however, has been studying the Sith arts himself, and corrupts Anakin. Seeking Anakin on Sidious, Palpatine then becomes the only Sith Master.

Is it far fetched? Yes, definitely. But keep in mind; Lucas loves to throw surprises. Did we ever see the fact that Vader was Luke's father coming? Did we see the fact that Leia was his sister? Did we see the fact the the little bitty old green guy could whoop major ass if he really wanted to? Lucas loves surprises, and I think this makes it entirely possible that Sidious is NOT Palpatine.

Trigger
15 July 2002, 10:39 PM
THANK YOU MY GOOD FRIEND!!!!!!!! I whole-heartedly agree, since you and I brainstormed Ideas. here's one you forgot, though.........who's to say Syphadious isnt.....say.....Palpatine's twin? or a clone? This IS Lucas, and he DOES so love his twist endings. Until I see Ep. 3 and have it stated in plain english that Palpatine and Sidious are one and the same, I will hold to Mine and Seghast's theory.

Jaggard
16 July 2002, 10:23 AM
You want a twist. Shmi was a slave before going to tatooine and having anikin. What if she was A) sexually abused by either Sipho, or Palpy and Anakin is the result (shim claims no father and since none helped raise him that's true, or she's blocking the memory) or B) She was sedated and used in an experiment to try and create The Chosen One by Sypho or palpatine. (For Good or evil intentions).

Seghast
16 July 2002, 10:25 AM
Interesting idea... A bit sick and twisted, but definitely interesting.

scottyboy
16 July 2002, 10:32 AM
Based on everything that I've seen or read, it leads me to believe that Sidious and Palpatine are one and the same. But I am not one to rule out other possibilities. And what you are saying does make sense! So, no matter how far out there this idea is, it is still definitely a strong possibility. If for no other reason than the timeline fits perfectly. So I must agree as well, to the POSSIBILITY of this idea. But I too will have to see it with my own eyes in Ep. III for me to believe it.

BrianDavion
16 July 2002, 02:58 PM
it really suprises me that people contiune with these conspiracy theorys.

guys when watching the prequals and thinkming "well Palpy = sidious is too obvious" try thinking that with out seeing the original trilogy first:)

as we saw the future in the original trilogy we knw what happens thus Lucas isn't going to try and suprise us.

Tramp
16 July 2002, 04:41 PM
Brian Davion is correct. From the very beginning of his working on the prequels, George Lucas has stated that the main villain of the sreies is Palpatine. Not only that, if you look at his rise to power, it is very similar to the rise of Adolf Hitler, the only real difference being that Hitler didn't have access to the Force. Not only that, Palpatine and Sidious are played by the same actor. As for Master Sipho Dias, He was a Jedi Master that Yoda and the Other council members personally knew . I highly doubt that he'd be Palpatine/Sidious in disguise regardless of the similarities in the name.

BrianDavion
16 July 2002, 07:14 PM
well I don't belive palpy was REALLY syphodayas, I just think when a master syphodayas made the order to the Komenions it was really Palpy

CieSharp
22 July 2002, 04:14 PM
The theory about Anakin being the son of Palpatine/Sidious/SifoDyas is not far-fetched at all. Go back to Episode One, and take a good look at the ceiling in the Skywalker's slave quarters. Freeze the screen if you must. Then take a look at Darth Maul's face. THE SAME EXACT DESIGN.

Slarus
26 July 2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Seghast
Seriously... Everyone is accepting that Sidious is Palpatine already. There's something few people seem to have caught on to.

Master Syphadious (poor spelling of his name, I'm sure, but I don't feel like looking up the correct spelling) ordered the clone army created, and died ten years before Obi-Wan went to Kamino. Ten years ago is roughly the same time Sidious made his presence known. Is it possible Sidious is NOT Palpatine, but Syphadious instead? Perhaps Master Syphadious had been studying the Dark Side and became corrupted by it, and then faked his own death so he could become Darth Sidious.

I think it's entirely possible that Syphadious is Sidious, and Palpatine is, thus far, only a pawn in Sidious' bid for power. Palpatine, however, has been studying the Sith arts himself, and corrupts Anakin. Seeking Anakin on Sidious, Palpatine then becomes the only Sith Master.

Is it far fetched? Yes, definitely. But keep in mind; Lucas loves to throw surprises. Did we ever see the fact that Vader was Luke's father coming? Did we see the fact that Leia was his sister? Did we see the fact the the little bitty old green guy could whoop major ass if he really wanted to? Lucas loves surprises, and I think this makes it entirely possible that Sidious is NOT Palpatine.

How about Palpy is a split personality of Sidious, which is why he remains so hidden in the middle of the Jedi.

Grim Fantango
30 July 2002, 07:08 AM
I'd like to remind you of a few things, before this goes any further...

1. The chosen one was suppose to be conceived by the force, not by a jedi master...

2. Master Syphadious died before the clone army was ordered, the real Syphadious didn't order the clones, it was probably Sidious, Dooku, or even Maul that just used his name...

3. Palpy has always been considered the emperor, and since we know the future, we can almost say for certain that they are one in the same...

Darth_Cassed
31 July 2002, 08:13 PM
hmmmmm..I'm not sure what to think here......

The_Avatar
1 August 2002, 11:02 PM
BrianDavion is spot on. It may seem obvious to us...but we've seen Episodes IV, V and VI. You have to think about the Prequels in a "unknowing" sort of mind.

Also: how stupid would it be for Palpatine to be a clone. Seriously. All this intrigue, subtle hints thrown into the movie, and it finished with: "Nope! Just kidding! It was my evil clone all along!"

Oh yeah: Lucas has always said Palpatine was the villian.

Darth_Lovecraft
14 August 2002, 07:32 PM
The real question is: why Shmi Skywalker? No reason in particular?

sebulba524
5 September 2002, 04:24 PM
I'd definitely go with Dooku ordering the clones using Sypho Dias's name. Dias died ten years before AotC, Dooku left the Order ten years before AotC. He probably used the name because he was A )Dead and B )He was a respected master. If the army was prematurely discovered, the Jedi would think it was a lost order because he was so high up in the order and dead, so he couldn't be questioned about it. He also was the one who recruited Fett for the project. Also, in the time before he left the order he got Kamino off the starmap so the Jedi wouldn't find the clones early. If I remember correctly, Sypho Dias was originally Sido-Dias, which sounded too obvious. If this is true, then it would be assumed that it was Sidious who faked his Jedi persona's death. He could've also been the one who ordered the clones under the persona of a dead Jedi. I really can't think of anything else, so any flaws I have should be brought to the light.