PDA

View Full Version : My Star Wars Gamer

damiller
16 July 2002, 05:21 PM
With the lose of the gamer I decided to create my own mini-version of the magazine using all original material. Pick up your First Issue from my website...

www.darrelmiller.com/gamer

Let me know what you think, and send me ideas for future issues.

Darrel

dgswensen
16 July 2002, 05:47 PM
Are you accepting material from others, or are you planning on doing everything all by your lonesome?

Also, I don't know why, but when I opened that PDF it looked like it was written in Braille -- just a bunch of dots. It seems to be a font problem, as it said it "could not find" some kind of font.

Maybe a nice Arial or Verdana? :)

Anyway, I'd love to have a look at your mag, if I can...

damiller
16 July 2002, 06:10 PM
Just send me your ideas. But to keep it downloadable, I want to keep the mag to 5or 6 pages. So keep that in mind.

I tried it and it downloaded, fine. CRAP! Maybe try it again. If that doesn't work I will email you a copy.

Let me know. And thanks for letting me know if it doesn't work at all.

Darrel

damiller
16 July 2002, 06:13 PM
Try left clicking and save target as. I don't know. IS anyone else having this problem.

DRATS foiled again.

Darrel

Darklighter
16 July 2002, 07:35 PM
Worked fine for me. It's kind of a neat little mag you've put together there! :)

Reverend Strone
16 July 2002, 07:47 PM
Damiller that is superb work. I'm so impressed you've gone to the effort, and as I've said before, your art is first rate.

I particularly like your Professional PrC. This is an idea I was playing with too, although I hadn't found a truely deserving enough application to warrant submitting anything for all to see. The Agricorps guys are an ideal debut for the idea. Great work.

I look forward to Issue Two with great anticipation.

Chris Curtis
17 July 2002, 08:24 AM
I posted this in your cross-post of this thread, but this version's getting more attention, so...

damiller, you might want to consider putting your efforts towards the starwars-rpg.net Online Journal. It will be restarting soon after a long hiatus and should be better than ever. When it was active, it filled much the same role as Gamer (before Gamer existed) as well as WEG's old Adventure Journal.

I know your contributions -- of both material and art -- would be quite welcome by the OJ staff. There's a forum dedicated to it right above the SWAG forum; you should check it out.

Jaggard
17 July 2002, 09:21 AM
actuall in the one I got ever single letter (Y) is missing. It was kinda h sterical at first but ou soon find it dificult to read something that lacks this particular letter.

scottyboy
17 July 2002, 09:30 AM
Hey that's good stuff man! Really could be a very helpful little tool! (I don't mean that in a bad way!) Good work man.

damiller
18 July 2002, 06:01 PM
Chris

I will contact the Online Journal. Thanks for the directional.

I by no means wish to replace this great site, but only compliment it. I hope that I can contribute here, and there. I love both of these projects and hope to contribute even more.

AND I WANT YOUR HELP. So contribute here, but also send me your crumbs!

Darrel