PDA

View Full Version : They lost my book dammit!

proxima centauri
17 July 2002, 06:46 AM
I'm pissed off.

I ordered the RCR on the net and was supposed to receive it last week. Turns out it finally arrived to the destination... somewhere else.

Crap... had to go through customer service and talk to the poor lady who has no clue and who is going through her bull×××× and making it sound like I did something wrong when it is them who ××××ed up.

Anyway... Should get it soon... hopefully!

Thanks for letting me take the steam out!

;)

Superdog
17 July 2002, 02:59 PM
Wow. That's got to be the most swearing I've seen on the Holonet. That deserves an award. ;)

Wedge in Red2
17 July 2002, 03:11 PM
Dude, I had the same thing. It sucks. :(

Did you order through Amazon? That's who I did my order with. The first order didn't arrive, so they re-sent it and I finally got the books.

I know how you feel. I would rush home from work each day, hoping the books would be there. After 2 weeks of it not being there, I was pretty pissed off.

So, I feel your pain. Hang in there. :)

Jon

dragonseye
17 July 2002, 06:22 PM
Hmm,

My husband and I pre-ordered a movie from Amazon once... it took three months longer than they originally said, when it was finally shipped, it got lost in the mail, and when we tried reached customer service, it was to discover that they have no costomer service number to call on their website... They sent a new copy which arived a day before the original copy arrived... when we opened the original copy, we discovered they sent us the incorrect movie... thankfully, the other one had thecorrect movie in it.

proxima centauri
17 July 2002, 07:41 PM
superdog:
yeah... sorry about the swearing... it just came out that way. Actually, it came out in another language first, I just translated it heh :p

wedge:
Through chapters.indigo.ca. It is canadian. I didn't want to pay the customs fees and exchange rate is not good for us poor northern canucks. And amazon.ca didn't have as good a deal as chapters.indigo.ca (30% off + free shipping).

dragonseye:
that sounds like a nightmare story!
I hope you're laughing about it now ;)

I'm just eager, I'm like a little boy wanting his candy, and NOW!!!!

:p

Thanks for the support guys!

Talon Kane
18 July 2002, 02:52 PM
I've ordered through Amazon before and never had a problem. I order the Dark Side Sourcebook and actually got it 2 days before the expected date.

Sorry you went through so much trouble with your book order!

proxima centauri
24 July 2002, 05:43 AM
I got my book yesterday.

Yay!

At least their service is good for fixing things up!

:)

scottyboy
24 July 2002, 05:50 AM
Glad to hear that you finally got your book! I ordered my through the Cyber Dungeon, it took a little longer than expected. So I know what you mean about rushing home after work just to find out that it's not there yet. Granted I didn't have to do that nearly as long as you did though! Anyways, glad you got it!

proxima centauri
24 July 2002, 06:50 AM
See, the "funny thing is that I had ordered 3 books, two of whch came 2 days after the order was placed. The two parcels had been shipped one was July 8, the other July 9. But the second parcel was apparently lost, as it returned to the sender. Anyway, now that I got it, it doesn't matter much.

Btw, it is kind of ironic that you ordered through CyberDungeon, their "real life" place of business is located in my city hehe.

scottyboy
24 July 2002, 10:35 AM
That is pretty ironic! I don't know, maybe I wasn't looking in the right places, but it was the cheapest I could find on the web. I don't like to go to those places like amazon.com and stuff like that. I've had problems with them and shipping before!

proxima centauri
24 July 2002, 11:09 AM
I mainly look at this one place, indigo.ca because it's a canadian web service and I don't have to worry about the exchange rate or customs when dealing with U.S. companies. Other than that web page, I know there is now an amazon.ca, but it's still not par with indigo yet as far as inventory and prices.

If I can get a substantial rebate by ordering online and not in too much a hurry to get the books, I'll order online. Since WotC books are pretty darn expensive, I had a look and found a deal. I got RCR, SotG and AA for under 95$can, taxes and shipping included. Had I bought them through my regular real life retail store, they would have cost me 150$ or something around that. I don't go out of my way to find a bargain, I just grab the occasion when I find one.

Although the rpg stores usually have membership cards and you get gifts when you accumulate enough $. But I'm not a big buyer, so it doesn't appeal to me.

Danan Valos
25 July 2002, 10:29 AM
That's very interesting that you lost your book as well. Right when the book came out, my friend ordered the Revised Core Rulebook from Amazon.com for me on my birthday. The book was ordered and was supposed to arrive a week later. It was shipped to somebody else and he didn't get it for another month. Bummer!