PDA

View Full Version : Letting you know the audience is here!

Darklighter
17 July 2002, 08:29 PM
This is just a quick post to give sort of an advance 'thank you' to the people putting the Journal together. I got off on a bit of a rant on the "Gamer is gone!" thread, here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=90639#post90639).

So here it is. The death of SW Gamer seems to have both underlined the community's desire for a periodical for SWRPG, and accentuated the gaping hole its absence and the death of the Adventure Journal before it leaves, and eyes will now turn even more fully towards the Online Journal - as if you guys didn't have enough stress already. ;)

Fear not! (Ugh. That was corny!) I am not here to turn up the heat, but to express my gratitude (in advance) for the efforts of Nealos, Kelly St. Clair, Bob Rodgers and the SWAG artists (sounds like a newly formed rock group), Matt Richard, and all those who submitted material or volunteered time and effort for the Journal. I am also here to express my support, and I encourage other members of the community to do the same, HERE, in this forum.

And finally, I do so solemnly swear that I will do my part, and produce material for consideration to this publication. I will no longer be a lurker, a floater, watching, checking it out, but never daring to polish anything up and put it out there. I will contribute to this, my SWRPG community. Hallelujia! :)

Seriously, some of these words may have had a humourous tone, but underlying them is a very genuine sentiment, both for the people involved in offering this Journal, and my own decision to contribute. Keep on keepin' on, guys! B)

StClair
18 July 2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Darklighter
This is just a quick post to give sort of an advance 'thank you' to the people putting the Journal together. I got off on a bit of a rant on the "Gamer is gone!" thread, here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=90639#post90639).

As someone who doesn't read the d20 forum(s), I appreciate the link - I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. (I have, however, expected the announcement for a while now... but that is a topic for another forum, perhaps that one.)

So here it is. The death of SW Gamer seems to have both underlined the community's desire for a periodical for SWRPG, and accentuated the gaping hole its absence and the death of the Adventure Journal before it leaves, and eyes will now turn even more fully towards the Online Journal - as if you guys didn't have enough stress already. ;)

Right. Flying down a narrow trench on a giant armored battlestation, with a fried astromech, one of the Empire's greatest aces on your tail and your own wingmen dead or bugged out, aiming at a small target, and with the clock ticking... no pressure. :D

Fear not! (Ugh. That was corny!) I am not here to turn up the heat, but to express my gratitude (in advance) for the efforts of Nealos, Kelly St. Clair, Bob Rodgers and the SWAG artists (sounds like a newly formed rock group),

The Big Band theory, which says that Tony Dorsey and his orchestra exploded to form the universe...

Sorry.

Matt Richard, and all those who submitted material or volunteered time and effort for the Journal. I am also here to express my support, and I encourage other members of the community to do the same, HERE, in this forum.

And finally, I do so solemnly swear that I will do my part, and produce material for consideration to this publication. I will no longer be a lurker, a floater, watching, checking it out, but never daring to polish anything up and put it out there. I will contribute to this, my SWRPG community. Hallelujia! :)

As Bartles and Jaymes used to say, "We thank you for your support."

Seriously, some of these words may have had a humourous tone, but underlying them is a very genuine sentiment, both for the people involved in offering this Journal, and my own decision to contribute. Keep on keepin' on, guys! B)

The same goes for me, joking aside. We quite literally couldn't do this without you - the people who submit stuff to the Journal, the people who stood by us during the recent difficulties and those who stepped forward to take part in its revival. Such committment demands respect. Thank you.

The demise of the Adventure Journal led to the creation of the Online Journal, years (yes, years!) ago. And as you note, the end of the Gamer leaves that niche vacant once again. Our hope at the OJ is to provide you with a fan product as useful and as professional as those publications(*). We may not reach that goal right out of the gate, but we'll give it our best shot.

The current target date is "August." No more can I say at this time.

(*) except without most of the page count taken up by short stories by big-name EU authors of questionable gaming value, or CCG articles. ;)

Matt Richard
18 July 2002, 11:29 AM
August will forever be remembered as the Magic Month, the return of the Journal!!!!

I would like to thank all of the Journal staff for letting me be a part of something as big and as great as this.

Is it August yet? Is it August yet? Is it August yet?...

Smokem_Alien
18 July 2002, 12:06 PM
Uh yeah. Go journal, and stuff.

Thrawn70
19 July 2002, 04:23 PM
Sounds great! Three cheers for the folks fighting the good fight and bringing back the Journal! As they say in the online gaming world, w00t! Thanks a bunch!