PDA

View Full Version : Vergere: Rogue Planet = Vergere:NJO????

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
20 July 2002, 10:24 AM
Hey... something just dosn't add up, in the sense of it being a little all too familiar....

I'm just reading Rogue Planet at the moment, and a brief discription of here that isn't much but almost enough to make it seem like she's one and the same from NJO ....

Rogue Planet (hardcover) page 51:Vergere -

"Vergere, an intense, trim, diminutive female ... paterns of feathers and short whiskers around her face and her large quizzical eyes "

in several of the NJO books they too claim bird-like features, frailty, and with whiskers on Vergere... theres too many pages and books for me to shuffle through at the moment for direct quotations of descriptions...

unless someone knows what species both Vergere's are in each book....

So, how about it folks? is there a correlation between the 2 Vergere's? or am I just out on a limb on ths one???

Zanus
20 July 2002, 11:19 AM
check the author. if he is one of the same ones that did NJO books, then it is a possibility. Also check where that book fits into the EU SW timeline. If it is fifty years before the NJO books start, then it is even more of a possibility. (Vong having scouted the SW galaxy fifty years before their invasion, taking anumber of slaves with them, includeing vergere)

sounds like a distinct possibility, especially if those two tings above add up.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
20 July 2002, 11:40 AM
the book Rogue Planet is officially 3yrs after Phantom Menace, anakin being 12yrs old....

Greg Bears authored Rogue Planet and hasn't done any of the NJO ones...

but the similarities are there though...

Hmm you do raise a point about the vong have scouted the galaxy 50yrs aprox prior to vong invasion... and vergere does seem somewhat more knowledgable of the jedi than she lets on...

So the plot does thicken.... intruiging indeed....

Corr Terek
20 July 2002, 02:23 PM
Yes, I think they are the same, because....

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

!!!!!!!!!!

Is that enough of a spoiler space? :D Anyway, I believe (haven't read it) that at the end of Rogue Planet they get some sort of message or something from Vergere, saying she traded herself for the planet's safety, or summat. And the fact that Vergere was able to communicate with Han telepathically (the warning about Elan's poisoned breath, I'm sure it's her) and the fact that she reacted to the name Skywalker both are serious indications that it's one and the same.

Seghast
20 July 2002, 02:50 PM
Yes, they are one in the same. In Rogue Planet, it was reported that Vergere was taken by an unknown alien species, and was never found by Anakin or Obi-Wan. Years later, enter the NJO series. Vergere knows a lot about the galaxy, knowledge that the Yuuzhan Vong themselves lack, and she has an understanding of the Jedi and the Force. The question, the real question, is why is she seemingly helping the Vong? True, her tears cured Mara, and she warned Han about the posion spores, but overall, she seems to have sided with the Vong.

However, I question if her loyalties will really stay with the Vong, or if she is preparing for the galaxy's biggest backstab on the Vong.

Jedi_Staailis
20 July 2002, 03:39 PM
I always assumed they were one and the same. Vergere vanishes mysteriously, then someone with the same name (and a similar description) shows up in NJO.

I agree with Seghast, the true question is what her connection to the Vong is.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
21 July 2002, 05:22 PM
Can't wait to see what gets revealed in Traitor about her.

phoenixbrose
1 August 2002, 11:55 AM
I'd say Traitor answers this quesion without leaving any room for doubt.