PDA

View Full Version : So who's going to Comic Con in San Diego?

Reverend Strone
23 July 2002, 08:37 PM
Any Holonetters planning on making it to Comic Con this year?

I thought it might be cool to arrange to meet up sometime over the weekend and put faces to those funky usernames, sort of a Holonet gathering of sorts.

:D

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
23 July 2002, 08:55 PM
When is that anyway?

Reverend Strone
23 July 2002, 09:04 PM
August 1st till 4th.

http://www.comic-con.org/pages/2002WN.html

The company I work for is sending a bunch of us over. We could potentially meet at our stand.

madpoet
23 July 2002, 09:49 PM
Hey there Rev. I, of course planned on going as I do every year. But Fate it seems has other plans for me. There's a very good chance that my son will be born that weekend and I just wouldn't feel right about leaving my wife alone. Hopefully we can meet at another Comic-Con in the murky future. Have a good time!

Reverend Strone
23 July 2002, 10:15 PM
Wow Madpoet. Bad news and great news both at once!

That's so awesome that you're going to have a son! Way to go. Congratulations and all the very best buddy.

We'll miss you at the Con, but that's got to be the coolest reason not to go that I could think of.:)

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
23 July 2002, 10:46 PM
I will most likely be attending this shindig on the 3rd or 4th (Sat & Sun).

Reverend Strone
23 July 2002, 10:55 PM
Awesome.

-"Azrael Strone, meet Frobi-Wan Kenobi."
-"You're a Jedi too? Pleased to meet you."

This goes for anyone- I'm gonna be at the Sideshow/Weta stand in the LOTR Pavillion for most of the time. I'd love to meet some other Holonetters, so please drop in and say hi. I'll be wearing a black T-shirt with the Red Eye of sauron on it, and have pale, short blond hair. Just ask any of the guys there for Daniel and they'll give me a yell.

Alternatively, if there's going to be a bunch of us there on the same day, we could even potentially arrange a set time to all be in the one spot and go grab a coffee and doughnut or something like that.

Reverend Strone
25 July 2002, 09:24 PM
Some cool (or not depending on your geek threshold) SW events at the Con this year:

11:30 Thursday
"Starwoids" plays at the San Diego Comic Con! As part of the Star Wars Fan Film Festival, "Starwoids" will open up the festivities on August 2nd at 11:30 am-
Starwoids tells the stranger than fiction details of Star Wars fans (A.K.A. Starwoids) and their six week-line-waiting quest to see Episode I - The Phantom Menace on opening day. Spanning over two years, Starwoids is a firsthand look at the fans, the frenzy and the pursuit to see one of the most anticipated films in cinema history. Room 1AB.

11:30 Friday
Dark Horse: Star Wars–
Fast on the heels of the blockbuster film Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, here's your chance to hear about what's on the plate for Star Wars comics in the coming year! Interact with Dark Horse editors Randy Stradley and Lee Dawson, various Star Wars artists and writers, and a representative (Chris Cerasi) straight from Skywalker Ranch! Get a sneak peek at upcoming storylines and exclusive characters, and find out everything you wanted to know about the Star Wars comics universe! Room 7A.

1:00 Friday
Fanfilms showcase!-
Comic-Con also gives you all 45 of the best Star Wars Fan Films as picked by Lucasfilm and AtomFilms.com! This incredible event takes place as part of the Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival. Some of the filmmakers will be on hand to introduce their films. A complete list of the films appears below; as we get closer to the event, we’ll let you know which filmmakers will be appearing.

Star Wars Fan Films (courtesy Lucasfilm Ltd. and AtomFilms.com):
A Green Hope
A New Dope
Alex Strikes Back
Dantana Morse for Galactic Senator
Darth Vader’s Psychic Hotline
Figure Club
Galactic Feud
Luke Flips Out!
Silent But Deadly
Sparring Program
Spoiler Wars
Star Wars Toys That Never Were Made
Star Wars: Action Figures
SW Project
The Womp Ratz Anthology
Waiting for Jar Jar
1-800-GET R2D2
Christmas Tauntauns
Words of Jedi Wisdom
Star Wars: Attack of the Anxieties
Lloyd Stormtrooper
Star Wars: A Christmas Carol
Dream of the Jedi
Jawas Gone Wild
The World According to Darth
Star Thumbs – Wheel of Misfortune
Your Lightsaber and You
Star Wars Gangsta Rap
Vote Wars
Womb Wars
Stargeeks
Phantom Menace Prologue
Star Wars or Bust
Womb Wars: The Special Edition
Jabba Wookiee
Darth Vader: The Rudy Pirani Story
Fandom Menace
Star Wars: The Battle of Hoth
Pod Commuting
The Unconscious Jedi
Wan-Abi: The Making of a Fan Film
Andy’s Episode
Jar Jar’s Walking Papers
Power of the Sith
Empire of One

10:30 Saturday
Lucasfilm Presents Behind the Scenes of Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones–
A look back at the movie that spawned the summer's toughest action hero: Yoda Lucasfilm's Steve Sansweet gives us a look at the story, the love angle, the music,and the action sequences and goes behind the scenes at ILM in specially cut minidocumentaries. He’ll also examine the worldwide reaction to Clones and some of the funniest moments on TV surrounding the movie’s opening. Plus, he’ll take look ahead as George Lucas prepares the final chapter of the Star Wars saga. Room 20.

2:00 Sunday
Starship Smackdown: Battleship!–
Are you ready for the geekiest Comic-Con panel ever? Sci-fi experts Dan Vebber (Futurama), Daren Dochterman (Talk Trek), Robert Meyer Burnett (Free Enterprise), Mojo (Pocket Books' Starship Spotter), Steve Melching (The Mummy Returns), Mark A. Altman (Cinescape) ponder one of the most important questions of all time: If the Enterprise fought a Star Destroyer, who would win? If the Galactica battled a V Mothership, who would emerge triumphant? Audience participation is welcome as our panel of experts explore the ultimate spaceship slugfest. Room 7B.

Bring on the coolness!

Wedge in Red2
25 July 2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Reverend Strone
If the Enterprise fought a Star Destroyer, who would win?

Well, I'm not going to be there, but if you want to put my 2c in on this one...(and this is in no way serious).

[Snip: SW v Star Trek possible flame bait removed to keep Moderator happy :) ]

Anyway, just me taking the proverbial out of Star Trek...just a joke people, please don't be offended :D.

Jon

Grimace
25 July 2002, 10:33 PM
Just as a forewarning, as I don't want people to start in on this: Don't talk about Star Trek vs. Star Wars....even as jokes! These kind of debates cannot be decided and always turn ugly. So Wedge, please don't bring up this topic again. Rev was fine for mentioning it as part of the schedule, but I don't want ANY talk about it, even jokingly.

Thank you.