PDA

View Full Version : traitor

wolverine
25 July 2002, 03:00 AM
Anyone got traitor yet?

Nova Spice
25 July 2002, 09:57 AM
I sure don't! :D When does it come out? :?

FallenAngel
25 July 2002, 10:03 AM
Aye, when will Traitor be released?

Deck
25 July 2002, 02:08 PM
Unfortunately, I think you'll have to wait another month. The release of the book is September.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
25 July 2002, 02:58 PM
Actually it's this Tuesday, July 30th.

Check it out at Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/034542865X/ref=pd_rhf_f_1/002-8476803-3765651)

Nova Spice
30 July 2002, 03:51 PM
Indeed, Frobi is correct. I just picked up my copy a few hours ago at Books-A-Million. After reading through the first chapter or so, it looks as if we have another high-quality novel. ;) :)

Rouge8
31 July 2002, 06:42 AM
COol. Then I need to go buy it as soon as possible.

Nova Spice
31 July 2002, 02:07 PM
MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!!

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING WARNING!!!!

TRAITOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!

That should inform you that there are some spoilers ahead. :D

I just finished reading Traitor and I must say another character has bit the dust. In fact, he's one of my favorite characters and now he's gone. Everyone tack Ganner Rhysode to the Death List of main characters. :(
I knew something was up when he was the only other Jedi in the Dramatis Personae, but wow.....that was a shocker.......he died nobly though and if Vergere is right, his legend will live on forever!

Needless to say, I'm stunned! 8o

Rouge8
31 July 2002, 06:06 PM
Sounds god. Poor Ganner. He rules. I'm gonna buy it tomorrow and can't wait to read.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
31 July 2002, 06:50 PM
Well I just finsihed it five minutes ago and I am not going to write him off completely until I read about a body.

Now on to some questions:

Anakin's Ghosts - All real, all faked by Vergere, all figments of Jacen's mind, or a combo of any of the three?

What is with calling the Falcon a 'YU-1300' on the 8th page of the Denstiny's Way section?

Thoughts on if this is truly the end for Nom Anor.

Seghast
8 August 2002, 09:27 PM
I'd say the appearence of Anakin's ghost was 50/50. Half the time, Vergere was probably responsible. The other half of the time, it was probably Anakin's essence. Though, admittedly, there could have been a combo of both. I'm not sure, because I'm not a Jedi (yet...).

Why they called the Falcon a YU-1300? Um...probably just a typo.

End of Nom Anor? Probably not. That sneaky little bastard seems to have a way out of everything. I'd guess that somehow he survives until the final book in the NJO series. Hell, he may escape even then, to come back and pester the galaxy again at some later date.

As for Ganner... I've never liked Ganner. Couldn't stand the character. However, his last stand in Traitor changed my mind, which is why I use that section of the book as a signature. He might have made it out alive somehow, but I doubt it, and I kind of hope he didn't. Him not making it out alive makes him a martyr to the Jedi, especially when they hear the story of his valiant fight to guard the entrance. It took him a while, but he finally got to be a hero.

I still can't stand Kyp. I hate that little... Maybe that means he'll change suddenly and be all heoric in the next book, thereby making me change my views on him like I did on Ganner.

Then again, I'd still probably not like Kyp.

Kas'ir Faywind
11 August 2002, 09:15 PM
I was thinking about picking up this book (it's be my first SW novel). Is it gonna be hard picking up the story line? If someone could possibly PM me with a basic understanding so im not lost id be greatfull.

Warlock-Da
12 August 2002, 09:02 AM
You'd be much better off starting from Vector Prime. Traitor especially would be confusing as a strting point in the series.

Saint
13 August 2002, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Seghast
As for Ganner... I've never liked Ganner. Couldn't stand the character. However, his last stand in Traitor changed my mind, which is why I use that section of the book as a signature. He might have made it out alive somehow, but I doubt it, and I kind of hope he didn't. Him not making it out alive makes him a martyr to the Jedi, especially when they hear the story of his valiant fight to guard the entrance. It took him a while, but he finally got to be a hero.

I absolutely LOVED Ganner's quote.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time, or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass." - Ganner Rhysode
After reading that I flashed to Lord of the Rings and Gandalf's stand against the Balrog. Vergere's vison about Ganner was very cool as well. What I am waiting to see now is Jacen's reunion with Luke and how he takes Jacen's revelations about the force. Should be very interesting.

scottyboy
13 August 2002, 06:39 AM
That is a pretty badass quote. Hey I don't mean to change the subject, but could someone please give me a list of all the NJO books in order. I haven't read any of them yet. But the more I hear about them, the more I want to go to the book store and buy them all right now. I just don't know quite where to start. Thanks.

Nova Spice
13 August 2002, 04:14 PM
Here ya go:

-Vector Prime, written by R.A. Salvatore
-Dark Tide I: Onslaught, written by Michael Stackpole
-Dark Tide II: Ruin, written by Michael Stackpole
-Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial, written by James Luceno
-Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse, written by James Luceno
-Balance Point, written by Kathy Tyers
-Edge of Victory I: Conquest, written by Greg Keyes
-Edge of Victory II: Rebirth, written by Greg Keyes
-Star by Star, written by Troy Denning
-Dark Journey, written by Elaine Cuningham
-Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream, written by Aaron Allston
-Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand, written by Aaron Allston
-Traitor, written by Matthew Stover

Upcoming:
-Destiny's Way (due out in September)
-Four or five others are due to be released throughout 2003

P.S. Thanks for so politely changing the subject scotty; its good to know that there are people out there aware that asking is still a good thing! :D :p

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic!

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
13 August 2002, 04:58 PM
Just to add one more tidbit to the aforementioned post:

The New Jedi Order will see it's first trilogy after Destiny's Way:

Force Heretic: Remnant, Refugee, and Reunion.

Some of the other forums that had Traitor threads (d20 and R&S) have had some very interesting points made so for those of you that haven checked them should give'em a look see.

scottyboy
14 August 2002, 04:42 AM
Hey thanks for the list Nova Spice! I really appreciate it!

Tramp
14 August 2002, 11:19 AM
Traitor was without a doubt one of the best books I've read to date. And yes, I loved that line of Ganner's as well. It just fit too perfectly for the situation.

Nova Spice
14 August 2002, 06:02 PM
Hey thanks for the list Nova Spice! I really appreciate it!

No problem scotty, glad I could help! :D

I hope you enjoy the NJO as much as I have! ;) :p