PDA

View Full Version : A new RP Thread...

Moose
25 July 2002, 01:55 PM
Hey All.
I would like to start a new RP thread in the forum here. It would be a free form RP with no dice rolling, just pure dialogue and character development. If you are interested, post here and hopefully we can get some players together. I do not have a concrete idea for the Era or the start of the thread, but as soon as interest is piqued, we can establish the details.

Also I am not sure if this is where this should be posted, sorry if its in the wrong place.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
25 July 2002, 05:35 PM
You have piqued my interest, I might be willing to participate in something like this.

Corr Terek
26 July 2002, 07:43 AM
Sounds interesting...I'll see what kind of character(s) I can come up with. Can we play in the Prequel Era? I have yet to play a Jedi from the old Jedi order, and it sounds like a challenging aspect of the game.

Moose
26 July 2002, 11:45 AM
Prequel era sounds good to me. I have not really played around with it too much so it should be interesting. As for characters, no stats are needed; in the past in similar rp threads, I have used this basic template.

Name:
Homeworld:
General Description: (eye color, hair, skin...)
Background: The background should not be too long, but if it is that is fine. A page or half a page is good. We will also need a few people to play villains. I am not sure what kind of character I am going to play, I will make my mind up when I see what others want. So try to get this out to others so we can get some more players. Talk you all soon.

Corr Terek
26 July 2002, 04:03 PM
Okay...I have a Master/Apprentice duo that I have in mind. Without further ado, meet Padawan Aduro and his Jedi Master, Eryn Serv'laya.

Name: Aduro
Species: Aruzan (same species as Manaroo, Dengar's girlfriend from Tales of the Bounty Hunters)
Homeworld: Aruza (I think that's right)
General Description: About medium height, a typical teenager, Aduro has dark blue hair that almost looks black. His skin is a light blue color, as are his eyes. Ordinary as far as physical attractiveness goes, Aduro wears his hair in the traditional Padawan crewcut-and-braid.
Background: Aduro's story is fairly typical of a Jedi Padawan. Raised in the Temple from an early age, Aduro is a skilled Healer for someone his age. His lightsaber is a vibrant green color, though he rarely, if ever, has used it. Due to the Aruzan species' phychological incapability of violence, Aduro has never been exceptional in the arts of combat. Friendly and likeable, with a dry sense of humor, Aduro is compassionate and kind -- as befits a Healer.

Name: Eryn Serv'laya
Species: Bothan
Homeworld: Bothawui
General Description: Eryn is normal height, for her species. Her fur is dark brown with rusty-colored patches. Her eyes are brown, with a certain friendliness to them.
Background: Eryn Serv'laya is a Jedi Master of good reputation. Rumors circulate that, should a Council member die, she would be chosen to take his place. Eryn is a Jedi Redeemer, and her choice of Aduro as a Padawan was quite logical. Their two natures fit extremely well together. Her lightsaber, like Aduro's, is green, though she uses it far more often than Aduro has ever used his. Like Aduro, she is compassionate and friendly, though these traits are tempered by years of experience and wisdom.

Korpil
26 July 2002, 05:44 PM
I want in!!! I haven't roleplayed in ages (always been GM), hmmm... prequel era...

Name: Kai El'eron
Species: Twi'lek
Homeworld: Ryloth
General Description: black eyes, pale blue skin, thin and agile.
Background: When his sister was murdered by a Senator's aide, he went and killed the offender very discreetly. After having revenge, he decided killing was a good business, so he started doing it for the money, but no matter how large his bounties are, he is always seen with the same clothes, the same weapon and the same battered starship.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
27 July 2002, 01:23 PM
Name: Kay
Species: Aqualish
Homeworld: Nar Shadda
General Description: dark greenish skin, black eyes, stocky
Background: Worked as a hired assassin for a small time hutt crimelord, and eventually gained the gangsters trust. One night, at a local bar, he got drunk and talked about the hutt's operations. When the gangster heard about this, he reluctantly punished Kay by forcibly removing his vocal apparatus. Kay became very angry, and firebombed the Hutt's palace, killing a few henchmen. He has now gained the hatred of that gangster and most hutts everywhere. Travels the galaxy, trying to survive and to remain as low-key as possible as to not get noticed by his enemies.

Corr Terek
27 July 2002, 05:58 PM
Hey, Moose, how open are you on suggestions regarding the campaign/adventure idea? I noticed you said that you weren't quite sure of an idea for the thread. I have had an idea bouncing around in my head for a while. I'd originally hoped to GM it myself, but i'm willing to let someone else take a stab at it. :D

If you're interested, PM me and I can send my thoughts to you on the matter.

Corr Terek
31 July 2002, 09:57 AM
Has this thread died already?

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
31 July 2002, 02:52 PM
I hope not. :(

Moose
5 August 2002, 08:17 PM
sorry for being gone for so long...I was out of town, but should be around for a while now(or so I hope). Corr I would love to hear your idea and anyone elses.

Rouge8
6 August 2002, 06:09 PM
Can I still join? if so I will be:
Name: "Grinder"
General Description: White fur, and blue-flecked eyes, short and thin, not very muscular
Background: Always on the move, this slicer-turned-smuggler has a habbit of shooting without talking. He can slice better then most of Republic Security. A favorite thing for him to do is slam doors in his opponents faces. His past is highly unknown, due to his lack of a name.

Nova Spice
6 August 2002, 07:19 PM
I'd be interested in joining this RP thread as well. Corr has one going that I'm involved in and I wouldn't mind doubling up the fun! :p

Um, Rouge8, your character sounds just a "bit" like a certain Bothan slicer named Grinder out of Aaran Allston's Wraith Squadron series. Perhaps it isn't a cool idea to play "Grinder" Thri'ag considering he's dead and all, and he's already a character in the Star Wars Universe. ;)

Name: Galan Torsek
Species: Human
Homeworld: Commenor
General Description: Blue eyes, brown hair (wavy), medium build
Background: Always looking for a better job to pay for his father's debt on his hydroponics station, the hard-working Galan knows the value of a credit. His most recent job with the Commenor Traders Guild has given him the opportunity to travel to many worlds in the Core and Colonies Region bartering for exotic items, spices, and foodstuffs. Though the pay is decent, Galan is worried his father's debt won't be paid off in time. He knows where there's a debt, there's a bounty hunter.

P.S. Moose, how do you want to RP? Are we going to do this in first person, second, or third? And if you need help with the setting, I'd be willing to assist. Although I think Corr has offered his assistance as well. :)

Moose
6 August 2002, 07:59 PM
Um hmm...well things are really hectic for me right now. I would love all the help I can get, unfortunately I might be away again for some time... I am moving across country so until I get to my new to my new abode I am not too sure how often I will be able to post. However...with the basic ideae of the thread established I would not care if it was started with out me...maybe Corr and Nova could start things off and when I get to my new home I will join up. Any ideas, comments, or complaints are welcome…once again I am sorry for my continual absences.

Rouge8
7 August 2002, 04:13 PM
NO not him. I just like Bothans. And the name is supposed to be "Gloss"

Name: "Gloss"
General Description: White fur, and blue-flecked eyes, short and thin, not very muscular
Background: Always on the move, this slicer-turned-smuggler has a habbit of shooting without talking. He can slice better then most of Republic Security. A favorite thing for him to do is slam doors in his opponents faces. His past is highly unknown, due to his lack of a name.

Moose
7 August 2002, 06:56 PM
Name: Lincoln
Homeworld: Unknown
General Description: Lincoln as he goes by is a tall male Human with rough features, dark brown hair, piercing blue eyes, and surprisingly a disarming smile. He appears in his twenties, but it is difficult to say. Little is known of his past, but many say by his posture and swagger he is ex-military or possible intelligence. He is fluent in many languages and appears well traveled. He travels light with several metallic cases all of which have a series of complicated locks.

Moose
10 August 2002, 07:57 PM
hehe now I am the one wondering if this thread has died already...if anyone is just waiting for something else to happen, but still plans on playing send my a PM or post here.

Nova Spice
11 August 2002, 08:29 AM
I'm ready to go! Corr, Alfred, and the others are ready as well I'm sure. All we need is a scenario and a plot. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts? :raised: :?

Corr Terek
11 August 2002, 10:24 AM
I've been away for a few days, but now I'm rip-roarin' and ready to go! Aduro and Eryn are ready for action -- or, in Aduro's case, inaction. ;)

Later on, if plot permits, I may introduce another char of mine who should complement Aduro's sedentary personality quite well. Alli the Alley Cat, anyone?

As for plot, I was originally thinking of suggesting a similar plotline to the one in the thread I just started called "Secrets of Dessek 4". However, that's no longer a workable idea -- unless those of you in this thread are willing to run the same plot.

Possibly, the Jedi could be investigating a recent outbreak of piracy in the Outer Rim, or perhaps trying to negotiate with a planet who is on the verge of joining the Republic. I'm not sure. Thoughts, Nova, Moose?

Moose
11 August 2002, 11:14 AM
Since we have an eclectic group of persons assembled, I think that the best way to start this game off would to each player “recruited” by the Republic or possibly the Jedi Order to investigate or fulfill a particular mission. We would all be given a time and place to meet, from there we would be briefed on our mission guidelines and objectives. The mission should be worthwhile, but I do not want it to be to restricting, that way the game can take its own shape and we can all explore our characters as we see fit. So if anyone has any ideas, comments, or complaints feel free to post. Corr I think that your idea of us investigating pirates could be good, it allows for many other stories and characters to get involved. Ideally, I would like to have more holoneters involved in the thread. I think a good place for the game to start would be on Coruscant and again that each person via some sort of communication has been recruited for this mission and given transport to Coruscant. Also, although there are no “rules” for this thread such as dice rolling, let’s try and make this realistic. That means characters can only start with a reasonable amount of equipment and creds. Hope this all makes sense. Be sure to post your comments and or PM me. Hopefully we can get the IC: thread going sometime in the next few days. I will be traveling, but should be able to get on every so often. Phew that was a lotB)

Corr Terek
11 August 2002, 11:51 AM
I might as well post Alli the Alley Cat's background and description, though she might not appear as an actual character for quite some time -- again, depends of where the plot goes.

Name: Alli, "Alli the Alley Cat"
Species: Farghul
Homeworld: Farrfin
Description: Well-built and attractive, with rust-colored hair that complements her tawny fur. Alli's eyes are green, and they sparkle with a mischeivous streak that years of slavery can't seem to get rid of. When not dancing, Alli usually wears a loose fitting shirt and pants, made of the best material her master would buy for her.
Personality: Mischeivous and fun-loving, Alli is often in trouble with her master for her antics. Exposure to life's seamier side has given Alli a slightly cynical outlook on life, one that her inherent good-nature can't quite erase. She hates being a slave, and would do anything to be free.
Background: Alli's innocent family was slaughtered during the period of time in which the Jedi Order purged the Farrfin system of its smugglers and other criminals. The Jedi who committed this horrible deed had fallen to the Dark Side and it was only the arrival of other Jedi that saved Alli's life, though the Dark Jedi managed to escape. Thus orphaned at the tender age of eight, she was soon snatched from the streets by a Twi'lek slaver, and, for the next several years, was taught the arts of dancing and pleasure. She started dancing at the age of ten, and has been dancing ever since. Alli has been shifted from owner to owner over the years.

Sorry it's such a long description -- Alli's a fan fic character I'm using, so she has a somewhat extensive background. She could come into contact with any of the characters along the plotline -- she would best work w/ someone who is common, shy, naive, or leads a relatively normal life. Characters like Aduro and Galan would be perfect complements for her.

Corr Terek
11 August 2002, 11:54 AM
she would best work w/ someone who is common, shy, naive, or leads a relatively normal life. Characters like Aduro and Galan would be perfect complements for her.

Which is not to say that she won't work with others. Basically, all I had in mind for Alli was for her to be "bumped into" by any one of the characters, and I'll play along.
Sorry for the post-after-a-post, I just realized that I need to make that clear.

Moose
11 August 2002, 02:52 PM
Ok so here is my idea for how to start the thread off.
First each player receives some sort of message that asks there presence at Republic Bank of Coruscant(just made that up we can change it if anyone objects) for a private meeting. The message while non-descript does allude to the fact that this is not just a meeting about checking accounts. The meeting will involve a government official of some sorts and will outline a mission for those whom choose to show up to the meeting. By not coming to the meeting in effect you are aligning yourself either with the opposition(not quite certain who they are but there will be opposition) or as an independent working to some unknown goal. I will RP the Republic officials and several NPC’s until the game gets going from then on its open to any twist or turn you want. So give a yea or nay on this idea…I will not be the least bit upset if its all nays…I am open to any and all suggestions. Moose your confused and humble leader
;)

Corr Terek
11 August 2002, 04:54 PM
Hmm...the idea sounds ok, but i'm not exactly sure where the Jedi would be involved -- I can see how someone like Gloss (Rouge8's char) would find a place in a banking difficulty, or perhaps how a bounty hunter might be needed for investigative work, but unless the mission has something to do w/ the Separitist movement we see in Ep. 2, I can see little that a Jedi (or a few of the other chars) would have to do w/ it.

Perhaps change it to some sort of governmental agency, like, say, Republic Intelligence? If the majority likes the banking idea, I will say my Jedi are on an independant mission that somehow mixes them up w/ the other.

Nova Spice
11 August 2002, 05:19 PM
With the Separatists gaining more and more popularity, the Republic begins to crumble. Under the leadership of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, a GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC has been created to counter their increasing threats. Already, battles on the world of Geonosis, Korro, and Gravlex Med have engulfed the galaxy in turmoil. On Coruscant, the Republic Intelligence leaders have created a daring plan; create a covert assortment of independent operatives to infiltrate the Separatists and gather vital information. Little do they know, that this motley collection of operatives will have a destiny greater than anyone could have anticipated.

OOC: How is that for the starting credits?

Corr Terek
12 August 2002, 05:10 AM
oooh, I like it. What do you think, Moose?

Pheonix Dace
6 September 2002, 07:43 PM
Moose, I wouldn't mind playing a villain, if there are any spots left.

Name: Janus Koreen
Homeworld: Corellia
General Description: Pale tanned skin, piercing green eyes, slick brown hair, black commando suit, and a long black cloak for dress purposes.
Background: He was a master hacker who worked for a small-time crimelord cracking codes on smuggled cases and other things like that. This job worked fine until he betrayed the crimelord to a rival crimelord anonymously for the reward. However, the crimelord's spies had been watching and fired on him with blasters, driving him partially insane and frying half of his face off. After this he went and founded his own small-time organization, which quickly grew into the Makar, an inter-species anti-Republic terrorist group. If Kay is a bad-guy, maybe she works for him (kinda) NOTE THE MAYBE! same with any other bad-guys.

Pheonix Dace
6 September 2002, 07:53 PM
Really sorry, Moose. If there are slots left, maybe to go with those credits, Janus could be working for the Seperatistes. Just a thought. I don't even think I got in. Oh, well.

Rouge8
8 September 2002, 06:23 PM
First each player receives some sort of message that asks there presence at Republic Bank of Coruscant(just made that up we can change it if anyone objects) for a private meeting. The message while non-descript does allude to the fact that this is not just a meeting about checking accounts. The meeting will involve a government official of some sorts and will outline a mission for those whom choose to show up to the meeting. By not coming to the meeting in effect you are aligning yourself either with the opposition(not quite certain who they are but there will be opposition) or as an independent working to some unknown goal. I will RP the Republic officials and several NPC’s until the game gets going from then on its open to any twist or turn you want. So give a yea or nay on this idea…I will not be the least bit upset if its all nays…I am open to any and all suggestions. Moose your confused and humble leader
Cool.

Hmm...the idea sounds ok, but i'm not exactly sure where the Jedi would be involved -- I can see how someone like Gloss (Rouge8's char) would find a place in a banking difficulty, or perhaps how a bounty hunter might be needed for investigative work, but unless the mission has something to do w/ the Separitist movement we see in Ep. 2, I can see little that a Jedi (or a few of the other chars) would have to do w/ it.
Gloss definitly would fit in.

Perhaps change it to some sort of governmental agency, like, say, Republic Intelligence? If the majority likes the banking idea, I will say my Jedi are on an independant mission that somehow mixes them up w/ the other.
Intellegence works for me. They might have Gloss because of his many talents, smuggling, hacking, etc.

my own. A major dificulty with the IBC's treachery. The heroes are contacted by Republic Intelligence in order to help track down San Hill, and to find out if the IBC has joined the Seperatists.

Just my thoughts.

Moose
11 September 2002, 02:12 PM
Hey all,
Its been a while since I posted, but as i mentioned i would be on the road. I am finally settled in my new apartment and am back in action. I like the new idea of the Republic intelligence. So my idea is that we are given a message to meet at a non-descript building(any ideas on the meeting place are welcome) and from their the mission is outlined. Pheonix welcome aboard(Janus too. Hopefully when we have everything worked out we can get the game going in a few days.

Moose

Pheonix Dace
12 September 2002, 02:45 PM
Yay for Moose!

Who's with me?

Thank you, Moose. I just thought of how Janus could be involved with the Seperatistes. Either he is working for them (and they would have to be paying them, or he wouldn't do it) or he openly supports them, because remember, he runs an anti-republic terrorist group. I was more leaning towards the first idea a bit more, because JANUS LOVES MONEY! (sorry if you didn't like the caps, but I wanted to emphasize that.) But if the second one works better for you, then we can use that.
Okay?

Pheonix Dace
27 September 2002, 09:09 PM
Hey Moose, when are we going to start playing? I'm just wondering.