PDA

View Full Version : Want a free SW sourcebook? The great Chaos Crew write up contest!

Tony J Case, Super Genius
27 July 2002, 10:35 AM
Ladies and gentlemen -

Fate, working in strange and mysterious ways, has delivered onto me several extra Star Wars Role Playing Game books. To be percise, the WotC Revised Core Rules book, the New Jedi Order and Rebellion Era sourcebooks, a issue of Star Wars Gamer (number 10, if you are wondering) and a copy of Tempest Feud are at my disposal. What better way to spread the love than by giving them away, I say!

So, The creative team behind the Chaos Crew.com (IE: me) are please to announce a contest!

The contest, hosted on the-chaos-crew.com and judged by yours truly (and a handful or other judges - all fair and impartial, I assure you) will be for the best write up in that month's category - ships, characters, weapons, and so on. Creativity is a must. Hard work (including original art with the write-up) is certainly a bonus. Aside from that - the sky is the limit.

This month's category: The Best Ship
Simple enough, really - Give me your best starfighter, freighter, or capital ship. Heck, it could include an ocean going vessel, if the mood strikes you just right. Empire or Rebel, Republic or Independent - it doesn't matter. Any era is open for the taking - Tales of the Jedi, Old Republic, Empire and beyond - it's all good.

For further details, complete rules, contest updates and the current winners, please direct your attention to: http://www.the-chaos-crew.com/swrpg/contest/contest.htm

Thanks, and good luck!

27 July 2002, 10:38 AM
Whew, massive multiple postings can be such a hassle. Anyway, enough with the spam - I actually wanted to talk to you guys (I like you much better than the other forums :)

So, I really want this contest to be a big sucess - so spread the word to anyone who might be intrested. So if you think of a forum I missed, or somewhere that I've overlooked, let me know. Hopefuly I'll get so flooded with entries, I wont know what to do with them all.

Well. . . . one can dream, can't they?

***EDIT*** Oh, I almost forgot - what do you guys think of the last prize, the Main Rules Book. For that contest, I'm going with best game. Yes, a fully fleshed out game with NPCs and everything. Yes, it's a bunch of work - but it is a 40 dollar book after all. But what do you guys think - do much work? Do you think there's any chance of this one working out?

kingnat
6 August 2002, 01:18 PM
Weyall, it's a good prize, but I can forsee one slight problem.

You have to submit stuff that is compatable with both D6 and D20.

This means that the people who can enter probably have the core rulebook already.

Maybe you should try getting someone to autograph it for you. That way it's more of an enticement.

Just my two pence.

incantator
6 August 2002, 03:22 PM
When you say "best game", do you mean an adventure or a campaign?

8 August 2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by incantator
When you say "best game", do you mean an adventure or a campaign?

I mean best adventure. One complete self contained game, with NPCs and the whole nine yards.

10 August 2002, 08:42 AM
Ladies and gentlemen -

It appears that requiring any contest entries in both D20 and D6 format was stifling the entries. Thus, I've decided to relax that portion of the rules. From this point forward -

All entries are strongly suggested to be in both formats, but not required. In addition, may I suggest that there are several folks willing to assist in the conversion process elsewhere SWRPG Network forums. It's an overlooked resource that could be a boon to the creative process.

Now, with that out of the way - let the entries flow in. As always, full details can be found here: http://www.the-chaos-crew.com/swrpg/contest/contest.htm

kingnat
10 August 2002, 09:43 AM
Woo hoo!

Weapons, Jedi's, Bad guys, and adventures coming up (maybe, if I can get round to it)

Matt Richard
14 August 2002, 09:58 PM
Ive got my eyes on Tempest Fued. three questions first though:

1.) If i get an artist to do art, what is my responsibility to the artist as far as compensation?

2.) are you looking for balanced or all out munchkin weapons?

3.) do we need to put our address in the submission, or do we wait until we know we've won to give you that?

4.) If your a staff member on SWRPGNetwork, why dont you have your own forum for your site on the HoloNet? Ironic, wouldnt you say?

14 August 2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Matt Richard
1.) If i get an artist to do art, what is my responsibility to the artist as far as compensation?

I guess it would really be between you and them mostly. I always figured it would be more of a friendly gentlemens agreement - 'hey, would you mind doing this for me pretty please', than a binding contract were the author gets 75 percent of the winnings and the artist gets 25 percent.

How about this - like a real contest, lets say that all taxes, licenses and fees are the responsibility of the user.

2.) are you looking for balanced or all out munchkin weapons?

Balanced, definitely.

3.) do we need to put our address in the submission, or do we wait until we know we've won to give you that?

Hang on to them until a decision is rendered one way or another. I mean you wouldn't want me selling your information off or anything, would you? :)

4.) If your a staff member on SWRPGNetwork, why dont you have your own forum for your site on the HoloNet? Ironic, wouldnt you say?

You know, aside from one or two announcements, I've never really needed my own public platform. I guess I could get one from the powers that be if I applied myself, but for the most part I wouldn't see it with that much traffic. Better not to waste the bandwidth in my mind.

24 August 2002, 08:56 AM
Just a quick reminder: The end of August is almost upon us. The first round of the Chaos Crew Write Up contest is a week away from wrapping up.

For those of you who haven't been paying attention - the category is best Ship, the prize is a copy of Star Wars Gamer issue 10. All you've got to do is wow the judges with your best creation! (And I'll add that the competition hasn't been that stiff as of late - your odds of winning are substantial.)

Full details can be found here: http://www.the-chaos-crew.com/swrpg/contest/contest.htm