PDA

View Full Version : From what you know about the devastation done to Coruscant...

Paul Klein
1 August 2002, 01:29 AM
...how long, would you guess, after the Yuuzhan Vong are defeated would the planet be able to healthfully support Human life again?

Or is it still safe for Human life?

I've only read the first 2 NJO books, and therefore don't know the extent of damage done to Coruscant. Any help and info would be much appreaciated.

Jim Williams
1 August 2002, 04:12 AM
Paul,

If memory serves, they haven't started a process to make the planet uninhabitable yet. Luke offers some thoughts on strategy that make it clear that the planet ain't going to be liberated anytime soon and the damage done makes it kind of a moot point. It's an urban planet that's basically been hit by a global earthquake somewhere in the 8 scale. World-wide catastrophic devastation.

Nova Spice
1 August 2002, 09:35 AM
Well after reading Traitor, I can answer your question Jim. Bear in mind this is a definite spoiler!!!!

SPOILER!!!

SPOILER!!!

SPOILER!!!

Coruscant is no more........the Vong have turned the capital of the galaxy into their homeworld. Coruscant is now known as Yuuzhan'tar, the long-lost home of the Yuuzhan Vong. :( :mad:
The terrain is beautiful and the Vong in their sick, perverted way, have turned the world into a natural paradise.

To directly answer your question, Coruscant is never coming back.....

phoenixbrose
1 August 2002, 11:32 AM
And in regard to the second part of the question, is the planet still hospitable for humans, it is if you remove it's current inhabitants.;)

Paul Klein
1 August 2002, 02:47 PM
So from what you're all saying, IF the Yuuzhan Vong were driven from Coruscant, Humans COULD live there... right?

phoenixbrose
1 August 2002, 07:00 PM
It might be a bit tough at first, but they could live there.

***SPOILER AHEAD***

In Traitor, Jacen walked all over the place with no trouble whatsoever. The remains of the original cities are even still there underneath all the new vegitation, and there are creatures living there (other than the Vong) that are quite deadly to humans, but they COULD survive there.

powalsh
29 August 2002, 08:05 AM
I really think that were all going to have to let go of Coruscant. It is no longer the planet that it was. Every passing day the organic nutrients eat away at the structural stability of the duracrete foundation. Even if you could drop the biggest Ortho bomb on the planet you would have to knock down all the old buildings and clean them away before you could begin rebuilding. As I stated in a different post I believe that the death of Coruscant is symbolic of the death of the New Republic and the end of a destructive era in galactic history. As long as the people of the galaxy continue to fight over and rebuild Coruscant the past wounds of the galaxy will never heal. With the death of Coruscant so dies the horrible memories of the the Clone wars, The age of the Empire the staganate governmental burocracies, and the countless coups and backstabbing betrayels that are the planets legacy. To let Corscant go, will allow the healing to begin and it will mark a new age in galactic history. This age will be headed by a massive galactic frontier mentality. Countless refugees will surge out towords unknown space to make new lives and find new homes and new adventures. Its going to be space, old West style.

Marusame
29 August 2002, 02:15 PM
I like the way you think. ;)

Master_thorin
29 August 2002, 04:13 PM
If anything Coruscant has been "reborn" to be simple. It is still more than hospitable.

OrderSponge
23 September 2002, 10:08 PM
I do! Although powalsh is quite right. Coruscant is a symbol for the 'old' type of government: War, followed by tyranny, followed by a period of not-quite-peace. While I doubt that the galaxy is going to go 'old-west' style (at least the parts of it that aren't already :D), i think that it is certainly true that the power structure of the galaxy is going to need rebuilding from the bedrock level.

Besides, I hold most of my adventures in the Rebellion Era anyway, its more interesting...

Nova Spice
24 September 2002, 04:42 PM
IMO, I count Coruscant as a major death in the NJO along with Chewbacca, Anakin, and Fey'lya. The terraforming of Coruscant was meant to be the final nail in the coffin for the "Jewel of the Galaxy." The death of Coruscant, in a way, is the symbolic death of the Old Republic, the Empire, and the New Republic, which I believe is a major theme in the series.

The New Jedi Order does not only mean that a new order of Jedi has arisen, it also and more importantly means that the New Jedi Order is the Galactic Order, taking the place of the New Republic.

I agree with powalsh a hundred percent. I think he pretty much hit it dead on!