PDA

View Full Version : Alfreda Goot? And 'mandalorians'?

Jaggard
1 August 2002, 08:44 AM
Okay I was looking through Gamer 9 and in the adventure it mentions a character called Fenn Shysha. Is this the first appearance of this character or is there more about him?
It also mentions the option of replaceing him with other of the mandalorian persuasion.
Here are the names they've given. Boba, Jango, Jodo Kast; all of which I'm aware of though in the case of Jodo only really know he tried to move in on Bobas rep and payed with his live and armor.
It also talks about Fenn Shysha and Alfreda Goot (which sounds female), neither of whom I ever heard of.
I do remember that Thrawn had at one point posed as Jodo useing another set of armor.
And I seem to remember glimpsing the confrontation between Jodo and Boba where Boba take the helmet off the former and comments that he has no right to it because he's not one of them like and he lists a few names. Who did he mention? Do they have stories that have been told?
I know that some of the death watch (a splinter group of the Mandalorians) may still be around, or their children as it would be unlikely that Jango got them all and that the Jedi would consider them the same people when the wiped them out.
I ask because I have a few ideas that may become a story or adventure or just may simmer in my head forever but info like this would be helpful.

Jaggard
4 August 2002, 12:10 PM
Boba says to Jodo that he isn't anyone not Dala or Shysa or anybody. Shysa undoubtably is the same as Shysha (may be a typo on mine or the writers part) I don't know if there is more to that story.
So Now we have to Identify Dala and Alfreda Goot. And see if we can pin point anything more on Shysa.
Jaster lead the Mandalorians
Montross Abondoned Jastor to Vizsla (Leader of death watch) in order to take over the Mandalorians. But Was Revealed by Jango and Exiled.
The Death watch set another trap for Jangos mandalorians by frameing them for slaughtering people and then calling the Jedi on them. It appeared that Jango was the only one left and the Jedi lead by DOOKU. And the Jedi lost half their numbers in the battle and were shocked at the conclusion when they realised that they had destroyed a people who they had only heard rumors about being responsable for murders. Dooku sounded like that was the start of his Questioning the Jedi ways. Apparently the then turned Jango over to the ruler who crossed him, where he became a slave. That's all I really have so far (waiting for issue four of Open season.
But it's intresting to note that in issue two a character called Silas was a mandalorian that Dooku killed 10yrs. before Geonosis; to get info on Jango. He apparently survived the massacre.
So Montross is unaccounted for and Silas survive until two years after the Jedi slaughtered the Mandalorians.
Anybody else got anything to add yet?

Jaggard
7 August 2002, 10:52 AM
the unofficial encyclopedia says:
Shysa, Fenn   
one of the three surviving Mandalorian warriors, along with Boba Fett and Tobbi Dala, from an original group of 212 which was sent into battle by Emperor Palpatine during the Clone Wars. Note that The Essential Guide to Characters claims that the two other Mandalorians were Boba Fett and Jodo Kast. Shysa and Dala served under Fett during the battle, and both returned to Mandalore when the fighting was over. It was Shysa who organized the natives and got them to fight back against the slavers who had taken control of the planet in their absence. One of the beings they captured was the bounty hunter Dengar, just after Tobbi Dala was captured by the slavers. Shysa agreed to a prisoner exchange, but Leia Organa demanded to speak to Dengar. The swap was canceled when Dengar escaped and led the Imperials in Kedalbe to Shysa's base. Fenn infiltrated the slavers' base and rescued Leia and Tobbi Dala, but was unable to protect Dala when the Suprema shot him in the chest. Fenn managed to capture the Suprema, but could not save Dala's life.

Alfreda Goot   
this Togorian bounty hunter was known for her flowing red hair, which she allowed to fall out of her blast helmet. She wore a modified version of the Mandalorian armor made famous by Boba Fett, although Alfreda's armor wasn't as sophisticated. She had installed a pair of heavy-duty climbing claws in the wrists. When she learned that Jabba the Hutt had placed a bounty on Han Solo's head, shortly after the Battle of Yavin, she decided to try and collect on it. She devised a plan in which she captured Leia Organa on Ord Mantell, and then forced Han to accept a race to the Dockside Cafe on Mos Eisley. The winner of the race would recover Leia alive. Han had no choice but to accept the wager, but he managed to meet up with Captain Sodarra and his team of stormtroopers. This incident wasn't in Alfreda's plans, so when Han showed up at the Dockside Cafe with an Imperial squadron behind him, Alfreda was forced into action. She shot at Han and Sodarra, and a brief firefight ensued. During the fight, Han was able to shoot Alfreda and kill her, thereby recovering Leia and avoiding capture.

from the essential guide to characters and Scoundrels luck respectively.
That answers everything but the stuff coming out in the next issue of Open season.

Thought you'd like to know. Now does anybody who is reading this (I can see you have) want to hazard a guess why these people didn't train more Mandalorians and raise children that would follow them?

Christo
7 August 2002, 12:43 PM
Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala are characters from the old Marvel Star Wars comics. Dark Horse is reprinting them as TPBs, so pick those up if you want to know the full story on the guys (Shysa is much more of a main character than Dala, although neither will appear for a couple more volumes, if memory serves me correctly).

The fine folks at <a href="http://members.aol.com/heywood254/">Home of the Lost Star Warriors</a> have a very nice page on Fenn <a href="http://members.aol.com/heywood254/web/fenn.html">here</a>.

To the best of my knowledge, Alfreda Goot has not appeared anywhere besides <i>Scoundrel's Luck</i>.

Since both the Marvel comics and <i>Scoundrel's Luck</i> were written before the prequels, there's probably some contradictory information about these folks.

Hope this helped,

Christo

Tony J Case, Super Genius
8 August 2002, 04:33 PM
There's a great deal of contradictory information about Tobi and Fenn - like how they served under Fett during the Clone Wars. Now unless the Mandalorians become really hard up, I dont see them taking a 10 year old as a unit commander. There are all kinds of other problems, too - but for the most part, the core concept is solid (and very cool).

I believe that the story arc can be found in issues 67 and 68 - though I'm working from memory here, dont quote me. Fenn showed up a couple of times after that, after the fall of the Empire - but was never much of a key player after that.

Jaggard
8 August 2002, 05:10 PM
Thanks for your help guys. I kinda fell into some of the answers myself, but I do appreciate the help, and your answering my question.