PDA

View Full Version : It's a boy!

madpoet
2 August 2002, 09:39 PM
Just a quick post to let all my fellow Holonetters know that at 7:47 am PST, my lovely wife gave birth to my first baby. His name is Lucas Gilbert Norman and he's a healthy, beautiful boy.

Just had to share the joy!

Krad-edis
2 August 2002, 10:46 PM
Congratulations! Get ready for some long nights for the next nine to ten months while he is really tiny. You are going to have a lot of fun, and I don't mean that sarcastically. It is amazing to see how fast babies get big. My daughter is thirteen months, and she managed to grow an inch in a week in a half. Take lots of pictures and by a video movie recorder if you can. Again, congratulations!

Seghast
2 August 2002, 11:13 PM
Definite congratulations.

I love kids myself, but I'm a bit too young to want any of my own yet. A 20, I think they would only complicate my life further. Perhaps in 5 years or so...

Better keep a close eye on him; my parents claim I was able to climb out of my crib after about 6 months. True or not, I'd advise no one to take the chance, because they might fall, hit their heads, and end up like me. And no one wants that.

But hey, congratulations once again. Oh, and by the way, nice choice of a name there. ;)

madpoet
3 August 2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Seghast

But hey, congratulations once again. Oh, and by the way, nice choice of a name there. ;) [/B]

Thanks. It wasn't even hard to convince my wife that Lucas was the perfect name. Of course, I might have had a harder time getting her to accept Leia as a good name for a daughter.

Talonne Hauk
3 August 2002, 06:43 AM
Congrats!
Further proof that gamers are taking over the world.

Jastor
3 August 2002, 06:49 AM
star wars nerd .. wife?? (brain overload) ..

well j/k :)

another stormtrooper has seen the light of the world.

congrats !

just dont let him get his hands over your star wars DVD collection so he gets addicted to Jar Jar Binks, the Ewoks or something other ugly :). and keep thoose star wars toys away ;)

---
"how long is he due?"
"four months."
"this is the closest he'll ever get to female genetalia ever again"

Korpil
3 August 2002, 08:50 AM
All I can say is congratulations!!!!!!

BTW great name!!!!!!!

Armage Bedar
3 August 2002, 10:47 AM
Congratulations, madpoet. I'm sure you and your wife are thrilled. Make sure he becomes a roleplayer and a Star Wars fan ;-)

Grimace
3 August 2002, 11:32 AM
That's great news, madpoet! Congratulations to you and your wife. Best health to your new family member. Welcome to the world of parenting...it's an experience you'll never forget. :)

Emperor Xanderich II
3 August 2002, 01:31 PM
Congrats!

Good luck in bringing him up to join his father and rule together as father and son... I mean a nice fine chap.:D

madpoet
3 August 2002, 09:00 PM
Thanks to all for the congrats. I appreciate it.

Krad-edis
3 August 2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Seghast
Better keep a close eye on him; my parents claim I was able to climb out of my crib after about 6 months.

So absolutely true! Once babies figure out how to move around, they don't stop.....and for their size, they are lightning fast. My daughter started running before she could walk right. She did this at nine months, so look out! :D

Reverend Strone
7 August 2002, 06:45 PM
Warmest congratulations to you Mad. That's great news. :D

Jastor
15 August 2002, 03:41 AM
its a little bit late .. but i couldnt resist :) ive made a picture for you!