PDA

View Full Version : Updates Delay

Rigil Kent
5 August 2002, 07:04 PM
This is Rigil with a quick post to apologize for the continuing delays for the next update to Submissions. Summers suck for my job as I've been pulling consecutive 10-12 hour days for the last week and I've just been informed that I will be out of town for the bulk of this week and maybe next week as well. I promise that I will get the Submissions side updated as soon as possible and ask for everyone's understanding.

I hate summers. :mad:

Nazgul
6 August 2002, 03:12 AM
Nooooo!!!! My world is falling apart because of this!!!!! ;)

Don't worry about it, I'm sure all of us around here understand that r/l happens, :)

OverLord
6 August 2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Rigil Kent
I hate summers. :mad:

We do understand the delay, but even if you are working alot, you must not hate summers. :(

The summers is a happy time. :)
Take you're time and relax. B)

Tossk
8 August 2002, 10:55 AM
Just out of cuiosity, Rigil, how many submissions are in backlog? that way I can estimate my wait.

Zanus
8 August 2002, 01:20 PM
well, I know I have 4 in. I am thinking he has a high double digit, or maybe a low triple digit. On the other hand from what I have seen he can go through alot in a manner of a day or two. Problem is when that day happens. Right now, I would not be counting on anything happening until fall, just to be safe.

Or you could have some fun and flood him with submissions, that way you can be sure at least one of your things will get looked at and either sent back to you or posted. Or I will get a ticking package from him for even suggesting this :P

Nova Spice
17 August 2002, 07:28 PM
I've got a couple of NPCs awaiting Rigil's approval, but I can wait. I understand the difficulties of real life. Hang in there Rigil, summers don't last forever! :D :p

Rigil Kent
18 August 2002, 03:39 PM
Me Is Back. Hmmm, Bizarro Rigil. Hmmm.

As to hating summers, OverLord, I stand by my original assertion. I enjoyed summers when I was in High School. They were okay when I was in the Army. Now, they stink 'cause my job always gets overloaded with extra work during that time. Have you seen Office Space? "Yeah, we're going to have to come in on Saturday. Yeah. And Sunday too. Yeah." :mad:

Number so subs are something like under 40. 8o That being said, don't expect 30+ submissions to show up tomorrow (especially since the Fall semester at school starts tomorrow! D'oh!)

Thanks for everyone's understanding; I'm slated to be out of town sometime in September but that isn't set in stone yet so...

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
18 August 2002, 08:33 PM
I'm going to keep holding off sending the submissions I've been working on until you are all caught up Rigil; I know how you feel.

Rigil Kent
27 August 2002, 05:45 AM
And the fun just keeps coming. I'm posting this at work (although I could probably get in trouble for doing so) because my frelling monitor at home just went out! :mad:

I'll try to get back online within the week but I'm not optimistic since I just had to drop $200 for two frelling college books!

Aren't summers fun?