PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Moridin!

Master Dao Rin
6 August 2002, 10:32 AM
You got to work on the new Coruscant SB!! Tres cool. B)

Course, you gonna share bits and secrets with your friends here, right?

:D

Nova Spice
6 August 2002, 07:24 PM
Indeed, congratulations on the sourcebook. ;)

Unfortunately, I know Moridin won't be able to share the book's secrets with us until the Wizards guys give him the "ok." Alas, we will have to wait several months before we know what the C&CWS holds for us gamers. :(

Reverend Strone
7 August 2002, 07:46 PM
Yeah, way to go Moridin! I had the pleasure of peeking at the artwork for the cover of the Coruscant Scourcebook at Comic Con last week. Real cool. I can't wait to see what goodness you've concocted within.

Hopefully there's plenty more work for WOTC where that came from instore for our own favourite Webmaster (excepting Armage Bedar of course, who sits on a parr;) ).

Ravager_of_worlds
8 August 2002, 09:32 AM
just goes to show that there isn't one streamlined way to break into the RPG field. No RPG Undergrad degree (but don't we get one anway, all ye RPGers in college?)

Moridin- when you and the others decided to do the SWRPGnetwork, did you think you would be able to write for Wizards? I'm not saying you wouldn't have done it any other way, but surely the Holonet helped a bit, yes?

the second question is- what happens to Moridin on the Holonet when he is a "writer"? Does Moridin have to avoid us for WotC's sake or will he be passing the reins on to some other worthy among the Grand Admirals in the moderator group? I for one would appreciate Moridin's continued support of the Holonet- while i know he can't really do anything for us Holonetters in a WotC way, it is still neat to be on the same forum as a 'potential big boy'. Which is a reason i like to see Owen Stephens or JD every once in a while here at the Holonet.

Oh yeah, i forgot. Congrats Moridin!

Moridin
16 August 2002, 09:35 PM
Wow, I can't believe I didn't even notice this thread till now. I usually avoid this forum, because it used to tick me off a lot. ;)

Anyways, I guess by now everyone knows that in addition to working on Coruscant and the Core Worlds, I actually got to write a sourcebook as well...the book for hero characters mentioned at GenCon. So, I'll try and answer some questions and dispel some fears.

Moridin- when you and the others decided to do the SWRPGnetwork, did you think you would be able to write for Wizards? I'm not saying you wouldn't have done it any other way, but surely the Holonet helped a bit, yes?

The way I understand it, the 'Network is quite often visited by the SWRPG team at WotC. I know they were pulling for us when we won our ENnie. I imagine that having a public forum to be creative in, and by pumping out content on a regular basis, I must have impressed someone.

the second question is- what happens to Moridin on the Holonet when he is a "writer"? Does Moridin have to avoid us for WotC's sake or will he be passing the reins on to some other worthy among the Grand Admirals in the moderator group? I for one would appreciate Moridin's continued support of the Holonet

Don't you worry, I'm not going anywhere. For now, my writing is freelance and not a career (don't have enough offers for that yet! ha!). The 'Network has been my baby for 2 years now, and I won't be giving it up anytime soon. Working freelance for WotC hasn't changed anything but taking up some more of my time (hence slower content updates), but I've been able to keep news coming on a regular basis and faster than any other site, and I don't see that changing.

One minor change to the Network's content is that you'll probably be seeing more original stuff -- works like the Jedi Redeemer, my new homebrew campaign setting, etc. Rather than tackle things that WotC is likely to cover. It also means I'll be better able to fill in the gaps left by WotC products rather than overlapping with them.

And I'll be honest with you: I'm still hardcore dedicated to the D6 system and its fans. Me freelancing for WotC doesn't help the D6 fans except those who buy the books for background information. I have to keep all our loyal D6 fans, who form the core of much of the Holonet and are our oldest and best supporters. So, on with the D6 content!

And another thing to keep in mind is this: I'm not on their staff, so I may never write another book for them again. Sad to think, but I'm not putting any eggs in that basket, much less all of them. The 'Network is my primary venue for creativity and content until I am contacted for more work, which may never happen. That's the breaks, eh? Just be sure and tell the folks at WotC what you think of my work when my book comes out, just to be on the safe side (I mean, c'mon, I WANT to work more for them -- that way I can give 'Network visitors as well as all SWRPG fans stuff that I think it useful and fun).

Bottom line: I'm here to stay. We've worked too long and put too much effort in this site for me to cast it by the wayside. It's my #1 priority, in one form or another.