PDA

View Full Version : An Art Gallery

Smokem_Alien
8 August 2002, 06:26 AM
I think it would be a really good Idea for these swrpg sites to put up art galleries and accept submissions from the fans. I have seen a lot of good art on the Artist's Guild forum and I think its a shame that somebody hasn't already put most of these in a centralized location for players to get their hands on.

scottyboy
8 August 2002, 07:17 AM
Well, I don't know anything for sure. But I know that there is an official Star Wars Artist's Guild website, that's going to be up and running soon. From what I understand it's going to be just exactly what you just suggested, plus a little more. If you want to know more I would suggest talking to BRodgers.

Smokem_Alien
8 August 2002, 07:39 AM
many thanks, i will contact him.

Chris Curtis
8 August 2002, 11:53 AM
I know you've already spoken to Bob, Smokem, but just in case you haven't seen the official Star Wars Artists' Guild Teaser Site, here's the URL:

http://starwars-rpg.net/swag/teaser/

The Teaser site has only a small fraction of what will be available on the full site. Art, interviews, tutorials, links, discussion, and more. It's going to have a huge art archive when it releases, and I expect it to grow a lot soon after release.

Smokem_Alien
8 August 2002, 01:28 PM
I did indeed see the site. Most impresive I must say.

Matt Richard
8 August 2002, 08:36 PM
Actually, there are a lot of sites out there that have either an art section or just a lot of art.

SWAG as mentioned has an art section
SW Fanboy Association has art on the site, but Im not sure about a section
SWRPGNetwork has an art staff that is very talented and produces art for most of the stats presented.
I believe Servais Sector also has art for some of its stats, although Im not sure if those are viewer submitted or if they have a staff.
And less I forget, DLOS has a art section currently five pages worth, and accepts them from viewers and just recently got Church Climbin Ryan as the first art director.
Raptor Squad has great art but is drawn by the staff aboard, but is probably one of the best sites to go (other than swag) for art.

Hmmm, there must be more than that buts all i could think of for now, oh wait I think elrood sector also has art from B Rodgers, but I could be wrong.