PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Tarkin?

Kas'ir Faywind
8 August 2002, 01:56 PM
I was just wondering since one of my players is an Omwati and i figured if he lived it would be cool if he ran into and found out what happened to his missing people.

Jedi_Staailis
8 August 2002, 02:02 PM
I'm pretty sure Tarkin was killed on the Death Star. He refuses to evacuate ("Evacuate in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances!"), and is seen on the Death Star just moments before it is destroyed (in ANH).

Kas'ir Faywind
8 August 2002, 02:08 PM
Well Tarkin just might have to pull a Bobba Fett here if i get some more concurring opinions :)

Also is there any EU on what hapned to the Omwati Tarkin took from their planet?

Krad-edis
8 August 2002, 02:40 PM
Here is what Starwars.com has to say about Tarkin....

Tarkin's bio (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/grandmofftarkin/eu.html)

He died at the Battle of Yavin. This does not mean that you cannot pull a Boba Fett with him, afterall, it would be your game or story. I personally don't think that a second to get away from an exploding Death Star is enough time to make it out alive :D , so I would follow some sort of clone theory as to why he would be appearing in the NJO. Either the clone or the original died in the blast?

Kas'ir Faywind
8 August 2002, 03:33 PM
Or perhaps i could make his wife just as evil. Thnx for the bio pointer.

Seghast
8 August 2002, 08:34 PM
I'm reasonably sure Tarkin is no more than a few free-floating atoms in orbit around Yavin by now, if even that.

But keep in mind that nothing is impossible, only unlikely and improbable. So, he <i>could</i> have made it out before the Death Star blew up, but I find that to be unlikely.

Otonashi
15 August 2002, 04:35 AM
Tarkin is dead my friend. However there are many ways to deal with this. Clone him, make the PC’s deal with whatever snot-nosed Major who suddenly got a promotion after Yavin. Or…his son. In one of my games there is an shifty Captain Piet, son of Admiral Piet. Jerk thinks that he knows everything. Basically all you need to do is create a high level NPC who would have as much interest in the Omwati as Tarkin did.

Ronin
16 August 2002, 10:01 PM
There IS the interesting EU character of Rivoche Tarkin , Wilhuff`s niece. She defected to the Rebellion in the short story "Small Favours" IIRC, it was in one of the SW adventure journals.
She became kinda a rebel spy/reporter.

You might wanna use her somehow, but remember; she`s a goodie, not like her naughtly old uncle! ;)