PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Want to See?

danielwilkersonlim
10 August 2002, 05:44 PM
So far, the New Jedi Order series has been pretty exciting. However, I know that plenty of people out there are dissapointed that some of their favorite characters have not yet made an appearance. Who would you like to see show up in the NJO book series?
Personally, I'de like to see Kyle Katarn make at least a minor appearance. He's mentioned in the new Character Guide as having trained many of the Jedi who fought at the Battle of Ithor. He's definitely a canonical character, for those of you who question his authenticity, because, for one thing, he's in the Databank of the official starwars website. Kyle has plenty of Jedi experience, having defeated two Dark Jedi Masters: Jerec and Desann. He's also a powerful all-around warrior with a good background as a soldier, mercenary, and intelligence operative. I'de love to see him in action against the Vong. Given his combat skills, I think he would be a great asset to the New Republic as a hand-to-hand fighter. It would be great to see the two-person team of Kyle and Jan Ors reappear as well. Jan's at least an Elite Trooper by now, having almost as much combat experience as Kyle.

Kas'ir Faywind
10 August 2002, 05:49 PM
Honestly i would like the vong GONE. but i know that isnt going to happen any time soon.

Honestly i would like to see a Sith Lord back to help fight against the vong maybe building a mass of marauders ot his aid. no trouble writing it in just have some cannon fodder get possesed. It'd be pretty funny to see what luke would do since they have a common enemy. Possible reason for the Sith to attack the vong would be they ruined the Demon Moon Dxun and pissed his spirit off.

danielwilkersonlim
10 August 2002, 06:37 PM
The Vong should be taken care of in about four books or so. "Destiny's Path" is going to be an awesome and eagerly anticipated book. I don't think anyone out there wants the Vong to be around one moment longer than they have to. They have killed WAY TOO MANY JEDI! I know that this is an essential part of the series, but it looks like the "New" Jedi Order will have to do some massive rebuilding. Fortunately, those annoying voxyn have been taken care of now that Jacen has destroyed the queen.
Maybe we can agree on this one, Kas'ir. It would be great to have a powerful Dark Sider appear in the series to do some massive Vong annhilation. A Sith Lord would be preferrable. An army of Dark Siders wielding Force Lightning (yeah, go FL!) is just what the galaxy needs. Of course, Luke and the gang will probably have to kill all of them once the common threat (i.e. the Vong) has been eliminated, but still, the Vong are the more dangerous force. Undoubtedly the Dark Siders would have an agenda of their own and would just as soon betray the Jedi as they would kill the Vong. It certainly would be interesting, though.
One more thing. Any thoughts on Tsavong La? I'd like to see him battle Luke at the very climax of the NJO series.
Or maybe a Sith Lord could blast Tsavong with a massive wave of Force Lightning? After all, Jaina has already demonstrated that Lightning is at least one Force application that is effective against the Vong. (OK, I'm obsessed with Force Lightning; its my favorite Force power.)

Nova Spice
10 August 2002, 06:45 PM
The Vong should be taken care of in about four books or so. "Destiny's Path" is going to be an awesome and eagerly anticipated book.

I believe the name of the book is Destiny's Way, not Destiny's Path. Its due out in September or October I believe.

Any way, I posted a thread about this topic a while back and I wanted to see Dash Rendar return. He isn't dead, everyone knows that and I feel that he would certainly be a bright spot to the decidedly dark war raging across the galaxy. ;) :)

Kas'ir Faywind
10 August 2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by danielwilkersonlim
Maybe we can agree on this one, Kas'ir. It would be great to have a powerful Dark Sider appear in the series to do some massive Vong annhilation. A Sith Lord would be preferrable. An army of Dark Siders wielding Force Lightning (yeah, go FL!) is just what the galaxy needs. Of course, Luke and the gang will probably have to kill all of them once the common threat (i.e. the Vong) has been eliminated, but still, the Vong are the more dangerous force. Undoubtedly the Dark Siders would have an agenda of their own and would just as soon betray the Jedi as they would kill the Vong. It certainly would be interesting, though.

Wow maybe i can win the lottery because i thought this was never gonna happen.

Wouldnt Dash be really old by now?

Not neccesary what i want but it would be right up these guys alley to make some disease that kills off the vong. Chessy ending for a cheesy concept!

Moose
10 August 2002, 07:54 PM
Dash would be a few years younger than Han Solo...I think it might be closer to eight or nine. Anyways he would no longer be in his prime, but I am sure that he would still have some fight left in him. Personally I want Zuckass and 4-Lom back:D

Nova Spice
10 August 2002, 09:04 PM
Not neccesary what i want but it would be right up these guys alley to make some disease that kills off the vong. Chessy ending for a cheesy concept!

I understand if you don't like the NJO, but I think daniel wanted this thread to be for those who like the series. No need to bring in flame material to a thread that doesn't require flaming. ;) If you dislike the NJO series, start another thread, but try and hold your views to yourself in this particular thread.

And no, Dash wouldn't be that old. He'd be as old or younger than Luke, which means he would be a valuable contibution to the war.

P.S. I wasn't flaming you Kasir, just reminding you that there has been countless debates on who likes/dislikes the NJO and this isn't the thread to start that up again. :)

Moose
10 August 2002, 09:35 PM
Ah i figured Dash was around Han's age, thanks for the info Nova. By the way I know Luke has to be getting up there...whats his age in the lastest NJO book?

Arakyd
11 August 2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Nova Spice

I understand if you don't like the NJO, but I think daniel wanted this thread to be for those who like the series. No need to bring in flame material to a thread that doesn't require flaming. ;) If you dislike the NJO series, start another thread, but try and hold your views to yourself in this particular thread.

P.S. I wasn't flaming you Kasir, just reminding you that there has been countless debates on who likes/dislikes the NJO and this isn't the thread to start that up again. :)

I did not know you could not make a negative statement in certain threads?

P.S. I was not flaming you Nova, just reminding you, that you are not the moderator of this forum.

Nova Spice
11 August 2002, 08:12 AM
P.S. I was not flaming you Nova, just reminding you, that you are not the moderator of this forum.

Never claimed I was? I was just trying to prevent flames from spreading on your board. I had no idea you'd be so upset over that; I figured the Mods wanted some of the regular members to assist them. Apologies for my misconception.

Ah i figured Dash was around Han's age, thanks for the info Nova. By the way I know Luke has to be getting up there...whats his age in the lastest NJO book?

No problem Moose. ;) I believe currently Luke is around 48 years old. I could be wrong, but that is what my math comes out to be. :D

Arakyd
11 August 2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Nova Spice

Never claimed I was? I was just trying to prevent flames from spreading on your board. I had no idea you'd be so upset over that; I figured the Mods wanted some of the regular members to assist them. Apologies for my misconception.

Let me worry about flame wars.

Nova Spice
11 August 2002, 02:26 PM
Let me worry about flame wars.

Have no fears, you've done away with any interference from me in this forum for good.

Kasir, I apologize to you as well. I suppose I should have just let that comment pass. In all honesty I thought I was doing a decent thing to make sure the thread didn't get off-topic. It seems its too late for that. So, without any further ado, please continue. ;)

And if I had to pick a character other than Dash to appear in the NJO, it'd have to be Hobbie Klivian. Ever since Wes came back in Rebel Stand, I've often wondered what Hobbie's been doing during the war. :)

Kas'ir Faywind
11 August 2002, 08:43 PM
*comes out from behind blast wall*

Now that it is safe for me to post again ;)

I think Dash would be cool to have back i enjoyed playing as him in that SW game for N64. I must say that i could like the possibility of seeing him coming back to help end what is left of the empire(or have the vong done that?)

Corr Terek
15 August 2002, 08:21 PM
Hmm...I think Kyle and Dash have been done to death, as far as "Who do I wanna see?". They're cool, but I'm going for Hobbie, Dengar and Manaroo, and, lessee... Kasan Moor would be kinda cool. Oh, yeah, I keep waiting for the Aing-Tii monks to show up. And where's Lumiya been all this time? Or how about Caet Shrovl and Timmser from "I, Jedi". Maybe they could show up and shoot a skip off Corran's tail during a climactic battle scene.

Oh, wait, i'm posting an entire list in and of itself. There aren't enough books left to write all of them in. Oh well.

Of course, none of the above characters could be nearly as good as Corr Terek. ;)

ElfWord
13 November 2002, 03:47 PM
Since no one's mentioned him yet, Boba Fett. Also Callista, and possibly Leigeus Vorn with Admiral Daala. I also think it would be great to see Mako Spince come back, hopefully recovered and probably with a lot of cybernetic implants. Finally, Shada D'kul.

Wedge Antilles, Rogue Leader
13 November 2002, 05:21 PM
You keep saying force lightning, but didn't we find that it doesn't work when Jacen tryed to get Nom Anor in Traitor?
Personally, if any one should make an appearance in NJO, it would be Hobbie. Timmser and Caet would be a nice idea, too.

Ardent
14 November 2002, 07:05 AM
The only issue I'd have with Dash making an appearance in the NJO saga is that he'd be bringing Guri with him. Whereas Dash is an awesome character (aka Han Solo without the heart of gold problem), Guri was...not. I mean, the concept's great and everything, but everyone and their brother went overboard with the artificial human thing for a while and it got a little ridiculous.

Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors definitely deserve a spot in the saga, as this whole "war thing" has probably ruined their vacation.

Jim Williams
14 November 2002, 07:16 AM
Maybe Guri would be done better? I really liked the scene when Luke spared her. The main reason I'd love to see Guri is to see...what an author's opinion would be about her life after Shadows and (more importantly) to see the Vong go absolutely ballistic when they realize what she is.

GrenGost00
14 November 2002, 10:32 AM
Hi all figured I would put my two cents in.

Nobody said anything about my favorate droid pair
Bollux and Blue Max
More Daye Azur-Jamin and his wife Tinian I'att
Last but not least Pash and Airen Cracken

Just a few FOr you guys :D

"You were right about me,"
"Tell your sister...."
"You were right"

Anakin Skywalker to Luke Skywalker

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
20 November 2002, 04:11 AM
Okay. I've got a couple of different people I'd like seen...

Corran Horn's old acquaintance, Bror Jace, who was heading up the Thyferran Aerospace Defense Force when we last heard from him in Bacta War.

Myn Donos, originally a Wraith, then a Rogue. Hey, if Wedge can come out of retirement, why not Myn? Actually, he'd probably be leading a squadron by now. Plus, as a nice benefit, he's got sniper skills that might come in handy against those pesky Vong leaders...he he he.

Um...how about some backup for the Jedi in the form of the Jensaarai? Ballistakenisis would CERTAINLY work against the Vong because they're turning an object into a projectile, nothing more.

And for the finale...BRING BACK WRAITH SQUADRON!!!! They can fight their way onto a planet, help out the resistance movement, then fight their way back out

Nova Spice
20 November 2002, 01:42 PM
And for the finale...BRING BACK WRAITH SQUADRON!!!! They can fight their way onto a planet, help out the resistance movement, then fight their way back out

Hate to spoil this for ya Iain ole buddy, but the Wraiths appeared as early as Star by Star (Face was mentioned) and then they had two books where they were part of the main cast. Its obvious you haven't made it too far into the series, so I'll stay mute on what books they come back in. ;)

ElfWord
20 November 2002, 05:22 PM
Iain, I also hate to be the bearer of bad news. But I can tell you that Bror Jace won't be appearing in the NJO. The following is an X-wing series spoiler:

Bror Jace was killed in an ambush after being pulled from hyperspace.

Sorry to dissapoint you.

Kal_Myadon
21 November 2002, 05:34 AM
whoa Elfwork you obviously haven't read very far into the X wing books

Spoiler warning

Bror jace faked his death, and returns in the Bacta War as one of the leaders of the Thyferran(sp?) resistance,

back on subject I'd like to see Jacob Nive and the rest of the former Invids come to the rescue of a GA fleet, in their Clutches.

Kal

ElfWord
21 November 2002, 06:40 AM
Woohoo! Glad to know I was wrong. Thanks for the correction, you're right that I haven't read far into the X-wing series, there aren't many places where I can buy the books where I am.

Dan Kyrinov
21 November 2002, 07:52 AM
I want to echo that bringing in Myn Donos would be awesome.

Who else do I want to see? Rillao, from the Crystal Star. Every other Jedi I can think of at least gets a mention somewhere in the books. Sure, guys like Streen may not be getting any real time, but at least we know where such Jedi are and a little of what they're doing. Rillao, nothing.

Beyond that, all characters I would like to see have already been mentioned.

KenobiJim
22 November 2002, 09:16 PM
Picture this scenario...

The planet Wayland...

Undiscovered level of Spaarti cylinders...

A gift was left behind by our little old friend Palpatine...

Somehow, some way, clones of the entire EPI Jedi Council!

Cliche done to death!

I would love to see the look on Luke's face to see a YOUNG, rejuvenated YODA walk through the door with a look of "Let's kick Vong butt!" on his face. Not to mention Mace Windu, Qui-gon Jinn and all the cool ones.

Oh and by the way, Lt. Kettch!

Yub yub!

8o

Jedi Master Talon
9 December 2002, 08:52 AM
I want to see a big lightsaber duel between Luke and a dark Jedi. Granted the series is about the YV but eventually the jedi have to fight the Dark. I can't wait to see the Republic's reaction to what happened at their old capital. It's gonna be hilarious. I also want to see more of the Jedi side of Corran.

"Their is no try their is do or do not" Yoda

mojo1701
9 December 2002, 11:40 AM
Perhaps the Sith Lord you guys appear to be looking for will be Palpatine (a 3rd rebirth?)

It probably wouldn't happen, but maybe it'll be put in to piss people off :?

Jedi Master Talon
10 December 2002, 03:00 PM
I'd also like to see yoda come from the dead. That would be so amazing. Also I didn't Know Bror Jace faked his death8o. That's insane. I'd also would like the Chiss actually do somthing other then send scouts to check on the galaxy. Sometimes they're really stupid like that. Well (possiable SPOILER) at least Jag is doing something about it.B)

CaamasiJedi49
10 December 2002, 03:11 PM
Hey tholm, can't blame the chiss for following their species philosphy. But anyways, back on the subjecct of who I want to see. Plo Koon first off( hey, he could have survived!), Daala (she is a tactical genius, who wouldn't want to have her on their side), and the Caamasi!!!!( hey, they maybe pacifists, but they are cool!!!)

Caamasi Jedi 49

CaamasiJedi49
10 December 2002, 03:12 PM
sorry talon, didn't mean to mis-spell your name

Caamasi Jedi 49

Nova Spice
10 December 2002, 06:15 PM
I'm still waiting for Hobbie Klivian. I think that one of the top five fighter pilots in the galaxy should at least be mentioned before the series is over! :D

At any rate, as I mentioned earlier (and I have feeling we will see him), Boba Fett has to emerge. I can see the look on Han's face when ole Fett comes striding or waltzing in, blaster rifle cocked and ready.

Fett: "Which direction to the Vong?"

Han: "Fett!?"

Fett: "You'd hope so Solo. Shame about the Wook. Maybe I can make the Vong pay for taking him out before I could?"

Han: "What are you doing here?"

Fett: "Decided to employ my old tactics. Except this time, there will be disintegrations."

I can't wait for the Mandalorian One to return. When he does, woe to the Yuuzhan Vong indeed! :D

Jedi Master Talon
11 December 2002, 09:34 AM
If Boba Fett is going to come back into the series that would be amazing o so amazing. Wo to the Vong that fight him.

20 December 2002, 06:23 AM
Reading through a couple of my X-wing books yesterday, I thought of two other people they ought to bring back!

That perfectly-annoying prankster, Wes Janson (come on, you know you liked the Lieutenant Kettch scheme).

Ex-Imperial Admiral Teran Rogriss, who is, I believe, on Adumar, and is an excellent strategician if I recall.

And finally, from X-wing book #8: Isard's Revenge...
Colonel Broak Vessery and his squadron of TIE Defenders. Think about the YV shaking in their boots!

Nova Spice
20 December 2002, 07:11 AM
That perfectly-annoying prankster, Wes Janson (come on, you know you liked the Lieutenant Kettch scheme).

I don't want to reveal any spoilers since its obvious you haven't read too far into the NJO, but I think it's perfectly fine to inform you that Wes Janson returns in the Enemy Lines duology, Iain. And he's still cracking pranks despite the circumstances. :D

20 December 2002, 09:30 AM
All is well with the galaxy (well...maybe not ALL...) when Wes Janson is still picking on Wedge, or whoever he can get his prank-pulling hands on! All hope is NOT lost!

Arcome
16 January 2003, 08:52 AM
I agree with everyone about the vong. I think that the writers were just looking for something and they really couldn't come up with anything. I don't want to make anyone mad that does think they are a good idea. With the Empire gone, Star Wars had very little story line besides the jedi, sorry to say it.

buttmunch24
7 February 2003, 07:38 AM
I want to see some more of the comic book action in the books. The books always seem to just have you trying to guess what's gonna happen next, which is a good thing, but you know what I mean. I want more action, and the writers just seem to not like to write it. I wish they would "dumb" it down a little bit.

mojo1701
7 February 2003, 12:50 PM
But that's the point. The books are supposed to be more "intelligent" than the comic books. That's because the comic books don't have to describe anything to you. It's drawn in pictures.

That's if I understand what you mean.

Tramp
1 March 2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
All is well with the galaxy (well...maybe not ALL...) when Wes Janson is still picking on Wedge, or whoever he can get his prank-pulling hands on! All hope is NOT lost!

Wes certainly hasn't changed. He even hits on the leader of Twin Suns Squadron over the comms, and only later learns that it was Jaina. The man never learns.:kenobi:

Jaggard
1 March 2003, 07:45 PM
Ig-88 I know that all their chasies should be acounted for but I've heard one appeared years later and was reprogramed as a body guard. Maybe IG-2000 the ship was holding a back up.
Aurra Sing- we have no idea how her kind ages.
A'Shared Hett- the Tusken Padawan. He's too cool to just drop.
Yaddle- she faked her death once before and maybe she's got an egg with her. Is it her child and if so who the daddy? Yo Da man is the daddy?
And if Boba comes back the old timer will need Fellow Mandalorian Fenn Shysa (sp?) at his side. Dang that'd be sweet, two mandalorians back to back with Han Solo and Luke watching their flanks as a ring of V boys tighten in on them.

Only to be rescued by a rope ladder hanging from the bottom of the hounds tooth piloted by Callista with padawan Guri at her side, and as the engineer keeping the ship flying Jar-Jar (okay that last part will never happen).:D

Rouge8
2 March 2003, 04:57 PM
Oh and by the way, Lt. Kettch!
No, the real wierd Ewok Lara found!

Jedi Cahlwyn
2 March 2003, 08:35 PM
I'm not even that big of a Boba Fett fan but I'd love to see him more. They either killed off or changed a lot of my sideline favs, but overall I love the NJO.

Off hand, I can't think of one person they haven't mentioned, used, or killed that I'd want in the series. Most of the ones I wanted to see were from Young Jedi Knights series (for young readers, but fun!) and they are either there, mentioned in passing, or killed in Star by Star. I was going to say Admiral Ackbar but he made his appearance.

Is there anyone you DIDN'T want in the NJO? I would have loved it if they had left out Borsk Fey'lya (even though he died a hero). I can't STAND him.

Admiral Noshow
9 March 2003, 12:54 PM
Just one name Boba Fett.... I wanna see himm kickin something butt (i dont care what ) hey thet rhms!8o