PDA

View Full Version : Sith names

DarthMalaryush
12 August 2002, 05:49 AM
If Anakin Skywalker = Darth Vader Count Doku = Darth Tyranus
Palpatine = Darth Sidious What was Darth Maul's true name?

just curious.

Zanus
12 August 2002, 09:34 AM
His name is Robert Paulson.

hehe, I dunno. Maybe he was raised from childhood to be Palpies apprentice. Thus he would think that his name realy is Darth Maul.

Either that or it is one of Lucas's little thought of secrets. The black, unmarked vans will be at your door within the hour.

BTW, if i got the Fight Club quote wrong, let me know.

Trigger
13 August 2002, 11:16 AM
from the Essential Guide to Characters, Darth Maul was taken by Sidious at infancy and trained to be a Sith. Sidious was not a father figure to Maul, he was a teacher, trainer, and master. I dont think Sidious gave him a name, since he had no use for one. I mean, why name someone if you never intend to use it?

Ravager_of_worlds
14 August 2002, 09:49 AM
Ooh! Poor Darth Maul, he never had a chance! Evil Darth Sidious, scoping out orphanages and hospitals, looking for force sensitive babies before the Jedi get them...um... wait a second, what's so bad about taking an apprentice as a child? the jedi... hm... let's get off this railroad track...

Arcome
9 November 2002, 01:40 PM
If you look in the d20 dark side book, you can read the story of maul, and how he was trained. It doesn't mention his name though. I don't really think he has one, he isn't hat important. I like the character though. If you don't have the book, and you wuold like to know about maul, pm me.--arcome

sandrue
7 December 2002, 12:58 PM
Darth Maul was born as Khameir Sarin, a Zabrakian, on the planet of Iridonia. He showed great strength, power and a strong ability with the Force. When Darth Sidious was searching for a new apprentice, he discovered Sarin at the age of 12 living on his home planet Iridonia. Sidious began to train him in the ways and traditions of the ancient Sith. To prove his loyalty, Darth Sidious had the young Sarin lay a trap for some of his friends. The ambush that Sarin set up killed several Jedi Knights and soon he was declared a Dark Lord of the Sith by his Master. He took the alias Darth Maul and had his face tatooed in fearsome designs of red and black. The horns, that were trademark of his species, added greatly to his fearsome appearence. On the side, he also studied martial arts intensely so he could obtain his dream of becoming the best fighter in Sith history. As he improved his fighting skill he learned how to fight with a lightsaber after he made his own. He was a very close follower of Sith traditions but he also wanted more power. He soon built a deadly double-sided lightsaber and incorporated it into his fighting skills. He soon learned to wield the double-saber with deadly accuracy and Darth Sidious was very proud of his apprentice.8o

mojo1701
7 December 2002, 01:54 PM
Where'd you get this pileload of information, sandrue? I'm curious.

sandrue
9 December 2002, 01:38 AM
supershadow.com has plenty of information about starwars; much info abuot episode3... a real spoiler!

Sithspawn
30 December 2002, 03:35 AM
If I'm not mistaken Supershadow has a a bit of a reputation regarding the accuracy of some of his inside information?

I do have to question a site that asks for a donation in order for his inside scoop on the scripts.

jediwookie
30 December 2002, 03:40 PM
I think that Darth Maul had a real name, but he i beleive he has forgotten it since the official site says he abandoned his former identity. I know it is interesting to think about it, but I also have to wonder what a site would be doing asking for contributions to help get an inside scoop. Well as interesting as this is I think you should jsut forgoet about it because i doubt anybody knows what Darth Maul's real name is.

XavierDrgn
7 February 2003, 02:43 PM
you dont understand...in death a Sith Lord who doesnt have a name gets one.

His name WAS Robert Paulson.

sorry couldnt resist adding to the fightclub connection.

Xavier D'rgn

Codym
7 February 2003, 03:02 PM
I think its pretty safe to disount the Supershadow, if only for one reason: Qui-Gon is the first Jedi Maul faces, and the only one he kills. This is made pretty clear in the movie.

ShmobyKnight89
5 March 2003, 11:41 AM
I think its pretty safe to disount the Supershadow, if only for one reason: Qui-Gon is the first Jedi Maul faces, and the only one he kills. This is made pretty clear in the movie.

Darth Maul kills at least two other Jedi in Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. Anoon Bondara and Darsha Assant(she was just a padawan he was a master).

Wesly Senesca
6 March 2003, 05:55 AM
I've come up with three names for Sith:

1. Darth Zanthanose--a cross between Vader and Maul
2. Darth Garagos--a slightly crazy Sith Lord with a bad@$$ suit of armor
3. Dath Fallacious--a very tricky Sith lOrd not unlike Sidious.
4. I also have Darth Sidious (straight from Dark Empire)

I'm sure my PC's will have a hell of a time fighting them as they're all 20th evel or better and well versed in lightsaber combat.

Ronen Tal-Ravis
31 March 2003, 02:16 PM
Sorry, ShmobyKnight89, but that is only EU. Its quite clear that Maul encountered Jedi for the first time, because Sidious refers to him his training being finished and thus he is ready to face that challenge.
I know the book you are talking about and they did quite well to press it into canon, but I would count it to be too accurate.

However, maybe Maul's true name is Egroeg Sacul, hope you get it ;)

Trandoshan Jedi
16 April 2003, 07:53 AM
I don't get it

Darth Fury
16 April 2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Ronen Tal-Ravis
Sorry, ShmobyKnight89, but that is only EU. Its quite clear that Maul encountered Jedi for the first time, because Sidious refers to him his training being finished and thus he is ready to face that challenge.
I know the book you are talking about and they did quite well to press it into canon, but I would count it to be too accurate.

However, maybe Maul's true name is Egroeg Sacul, hope you get it ;)

Originally posted by Trandoshan Jedi
I don't get it

Hey Trando! It's Goerge Lucas delleps sdrawkcab.....:o Sorry I meant 'spelled backwards':D ;) :P

Ronel I've said it before and I'll say it again here, I find it hard to believe that so many SWRPGers dismiss EU material out of hand when the very games this site is dedicated to are based on the premiss that the adventures run in them will be EU in their very essence. Unless of course you and your friends get together and reinact the films one by one whenever you get together to play......how boring and sad:( ;)
I doubt this very much.

Trandoshan Jedi
17 April 2003, 01:23 PM
ho....ytterp ynnuf fi uoy ksa em.

Any ways..... here's some names for ya Mirco Sith, Darth Fury, Darth Envy, Darth Lust, Darth Sloth, Darth Pride, Darth Enimty, Darth Wrath, Darth Vile, Darth Castro, Darth Hussien, Darth Stalin...and the list goes on....:vader:

Crymoon
28 April 2003, 04:57 AM
Although it may seem that this is the first time that Maul is ready to face the Jedi.. it doesn't mean that he hadn't face them before when he wasn't ready yet...

Darth Hammer!!! A smaller version of Maul.
Darth Sledgahmmer!! Something in between.

Darth Imperious, Darth Ceasarus, Darth Centurion.. :)

Trandoshan Jedi
29 April 2003, 02:45 PM
Darth Impaleor, Darth Farseer, Darth Ravenous, Darth Pyro(maniac), Darth Grim. Thats some others.

Crymoon
29 April 2003, 10:42 PM
HE HE HE I LIKE THIS ONE:

Darth Impaleor

Trandoshan Jedi
1 May 2003, 10:31 AM
Thanks, he was actually used in one of the games i played in before. He was a baraberic Sith Lord, and he was a Trandoshan.