PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Council after Ep2

Mad Tech
14 August 2002, 12:55 PM
Anyone know which members of the Jedi Council survived after Ep2 other than Yoda and Windu?
Anyone speculate on whether Yoda will attempt to rebuild the Council with new members or not?
I think that the Council might not ever have 12 members again, but Yoda would probably try and bring in a few additional Jedi Masters to fill the void.

Mad Tech

Sompeetalay
14 August 2002, 02:12 PM
Good question. Although we only see Yoda's chair at the end of Episode II I do believe more Jedi Council Members survived Geonosis. After all, Mace's chair wasn't there either.

I think if Lucas would have wanted to kill Ki-Adi-Mundi or any important Jedi Master off, he would have shown it (Coleman Trebor). It would sound pretty weird to kill someone off during a battle when you don't see it happen. Unless there were a bunch of Jedi in the LAAT that exploded when the LAAT carrying Yoda and Mace was in the air.

I don't remember that the official site reported anything about Jedi who died during the battle off-screen ?

Nova Spice
17 August 2002, 07:51 PM
I don't remember that the official site reported anything about Jedi who died during the battle off-screen ?

After purchasing the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook, I found that Coleman Trebor wasn't the only Jedi Council member to perish. Sadly the book announced that Saesee Tiin and Eeth Koth both died in the arena as well. :(

Looks like the council is at least down three members, four counting the fact that Yarael Poof no longer is on the Council for reasons unknown.

Strange that we never saw both of the previously mentioned Masters die considering how high-profile they were? Perhaps I will have to scrutinize AotC more closely when the DVD is released?

Faraer
17 August 2002, 08:57 PM
JD Wiker, he say (http://boards.wizards.com/rpg/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=183;t=003067) that Saesee Tiin didn't necessarily die at the Battle of Geonosis. This thread (http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6940155&replies=225) tries to sort out who the survivors are, but it won't really be clear till Episode III information gets to the licensees.

Yarael Poof dies heroically in the Jango Fett and Zam Wesell comics. This is EU of course, but there's unlikely to be another explanation. One source says Yaddle died before Episode II too, the sw.com Databank possibly implies she was at Kamparas, but it hasn't really been established.

I don't know that Saesee Tiin and Eeth Koth were high-profile in the movies -- on one level they were extras with no lines. Maybe the cut scenes show more.

Jim Williams
18 August 2002, 04:58 AM
Wiker needs to read his own sourcebook.

Sompeetalay
20 August 2002, 12:38 AM
Hopefully we'll have a Databank update soon that will provide us with information regarding their deaths.

Eeth (if the Zabrak Jedi was Eeth) & Saesee were still alive tough in the circle of surviving Jedi.

Depa Billaba must have survived, because she didn't go to Geonosis. I don't think Oppo Rancisis would have gone too.

Nova Spice
20 August 2002, 05:57 PM
I cannot verify that I actually saw Saesee Tiin and Eeth Koth perish, but according to the PotJ Sourcebook, they are one with the Force! :D

Depa Billaba must have survived, because she didn't go to Geonosis. I don't think Oppo Rancisis would have gone too.

I'm pretty sure these two weren't present at Geonosis. I know that Yaddle was away at Kamparas, so perhaps they were unable to make it because of "undisclosed" reasons? That's a blessing in disguise I suppose. :D :p

Tramp
28 August 2002, 12:57 PM
Sasee Tiin's "Death" in the PotJSB is an error based upon early information from the movie that was changed later on in the production of the film. JD explained this in the FAQ that can be found in the Mess Hall forum on the WotC Star Wars message Boards. Sasee Tiin survived the Battle of Geonosis.