PDA

View Full Version : Rigil: Quick Q

Nafai
17 August 2002, 08:59 AM
Hey, Rigil, I sent in a submission earlier this week, and included some (validated) HTML code into it to display it inline properly (not mucky tables or anything.) It's my first submission and I wasn't sure if the entry form automatically applied <br> tags and the like. If it came through all muddled and difficult to post as-is (ST-380 Light Transport) don't hesitate to let me know what needs to be cleaned up on the entry. I know you've got a tremendous workload this summer, so I don't want to add to it by making a ugly submission! :p

Side note, I sent an email to Armage, but I'm not sure how difficult it will be to do (it shouldn't--but I haven't looked at the code for the subs form before) but I think it would be a good idea to have the form cc: a copy of the email that gets sent to you to the person who submitted the entry. That way they have a confirmation that it's been sent, as well as what the content looked like on your end. There are no confirmation boxes or anything, so there's no way for the submitter to even double check that they entered everything correctly before it gets fired off to you.

Cheers!

Rigil Kent
27 August 2002, 05:49 AM
I've not been able to check out your submissions yet, Nafai, and given that my frelling monitor just decided to die, I'd not get your hopes up for at least a week.

I'd recommend sending it in totally clean and devoid of HTML markups, though. My knowledge in that area is spotty at best. Thanks for the heads-up.

My boss is looking at me funny so I should log off and go back to work. :)

Nafai
27 August 2002, 06:26 AM
eep! Sorry to hear about your monitor, man, that's some hard luck! The only html that should be in the submission are >strong< and >em< tags. (Sorry, couldn't get the "code" vB code tag to work.) I didn't use any nasty tables or anything. :p

No worries on the subs delay! Everyone here understands and is in your corner! It's not like anyone really needs my silly ship anyway! :D

OverLord
27 August 2002, 06:38 AM
No, we don't need your silly ship, Nafai! ;)

As long we know why it's delayed, everything is cool!

(Ever heard of a little green gay named Rigil?:D)