PDA

View Full Version : NJO campaignin-the-making -- suggestions, please

surfmonkey01
19 August 2002, 11:10 AM
My group and I are preparing to jump headlong into a New Jedi Order campaign this weekend... I want to follow the actual events as closely as I can without dwarfing the characters, but at the same time add in fun new things. The group contains contains 2 10th-level multiclassed Jedi Guardians, 1 10th-level Force Adept, a 12th-level Scout, and a 12th-level Jedi Consular/Master (the 12ths are carryovers from the previous game where I only allowed one Jedi -- the others all HAD to play one, so they go new lower level characters. it's all fair, trust me). I plan on the first few sessions taking place before the Vong attack on Sernpidal, and I'm looking at them involving the "resurrection" of Brakiss and the Shadow Academy (I thought a Dark Jedi was a good way to get things going). I think I'm going to have Brakiss serving a long-hidden Sith Lord of my own design, but again not sure. At one point I want to mix Boba Fett in too, probably once the open bounty is called on all Jedi. As you can see, I've got just a few neat (At least I think they are) ideas right now, I'm looking for a ton more, as well as comments on what I've got. So, fire away, folks!

AxiustheDark
20 August 2002, 11:31 AM
Actually, that sounds pretty good overall. I can see how there might be problems if you dont hash out the background for the 10th level characters, as the 12th are alot more developed personality-wise.

Brakiss under a new Sith Lord is nice......maybe you can have him possessed completely by the new Sith Lord (Dark Side Spirits and all). This would make him a much more powerful advesary. Or even better, why don't you have him possessed by the Sith Lord AFTER the characters beat Brakiss and whoever his minions are. This would make for a very annoyed and powerful Sith Lord waiting in the works (plotting and scheming and setting the characters up for a big fall), but don't reveal it to the players until after they get hunted by the BH's (just give 'em hints).

Also, it might be cool to get more than just Boba Fett involved. There are plenty of other BHs out there that are well known. Dengar, Zuckuss, 4LOM, IG-88, etc... that all have stats now, thanks to SWGAMER. You could probably do better with a collective of them, some working together, some not. Even Boba Fett has had partnerships every now and then. (See The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy.)

Mixing those two things in with Vong attacks: Running from Vong, getting trounced by Vong, getting hunted by Vong, saving planets from Vong...etc, should make for a VERY interesting campaign.

NilAdmirari
20 August 2002, 05:07 PM
I plan on the first few sessions taking place before the Vong attack on Sernpidal...At one point I want to mix Boba Fett in too, probably once the open bounty is called on all Jedi. As you can see, I've got just a few neat (At least I think they are) ideas right now, I'm looking for a ton more, as well as comments on what I've got. So, fire away, folks!

Yeah I'm planning a similar campaign...all jedi in the vong era. I love the idea of Boba Fett going after the Jedi in a bounty mission. I think I'll appropriate that idea. As for the dark jedi I wonder how well it'll fit...seems like too massive a threat too close to the appearance of the Vong. I'd think about maybe making another Jedi NPC thats with the group...maybe a younger, lower level...have him captured on some mission by the Vong and then reappear at a later date...I strong, and dark jedi...he used the dark side to escape his captives...maybe slaughtered lots and lots of their civilians in the process or something. Just my take...

Outside of that I'm having trouble with the idea of set apart sessions that stand outside, if but a lil from the impending threat of the Vong. Theres only so much running from the Vong and fighting them back this time and that time before you need a short break. And thats my problem . Any ideas as to have a session, maybe two session long mini quests in the NJO era with an all jedi PC base?

Flarestorm
2 September 2002, 06:04 AM
Having Boba Fett take the bounty on the Jedi rubs me a little the wrong way. Sure, he's a bad guy, but does he really want to help the Vong control the galaxy? NJO is the time for enemies and allies to team up against an outside threat.

Here's an idea. New Republic command asks the PCs to track down and convice Boba Fett to work for them, taking a bounty on an important Vong leader. Make it more interesting by having Fett hunting the Jedi PCs, so they have to sway Fett to their side by conviving him that under a Vong-controlled galaxy, he wouldn't have much of a job.