PDA

View Full Version : Rebellion Era Sourcebook Review?

Matt Richard
22 August 2002, 03:11 PM
I noticed there wasn't a review for the Rebellion Era Sourcebook. I know its been out for a while now, but Id still like to read someone else's opinion on the book.

OverLord
22 August 2002, 03:27 PM
I think the Rebellion Era Sourcebook was pretty much useless, there was very little I found usefull in the book.
But for new players it might come in handy.

I am glad I didn't bought a copy.(I'm borrowing mine from the libary:D)

But, hey, that is just my opinion.

AxiustheDark
23 August 2002, 10:37 AM
Overlord is pretty much right. The Rebellion Era sourcebook is just a rehash of the things we already know. It spends a good deal of time telling you what Han,Leia,Luke,etc. all did....replete with stats numerous times in the book. Also, it spends a tiny, tiny bit of time on training Jedi in the Rebellion, and Yoda. (However, if you want to know about Jedi, see the Power of the Jedi, just released.)

There is a continuing adventure hook/storyline on a "bottom-bar" on every page, but I find them to be trite and fairly useless with very few original ideas. (It sometimes seems like they are a copy of the original trilogy, with all of the same locals. You would have to know nothing about the trilogy to find approx. 50% of the story hooks interesting.)

The information is very spread out, and is organized by timeline more than subject matter. This can, at times, make the book an awkard read; especially if you are just looking up a single set of stats.

If you do not have you characters constantly running into the main characters from the movie, I would not purchase this book. Most of the useful information can also be found in other sources.

Matt Richard
23 August 2002, 11:28 AM
Im gonna go ahead and put a review on dlos. Since it will be my first review, it probably wont be that good:D , but I can try at least...

Matt Richard
23 August 2002, 09:08 PM
Here it is!!!

Check it out here:
http://starwars-rpg.net/dlos/editorials/rebellion.shtml

OverLord
24 August 2002, 02:56 AM
I like the review, but that may be becauce I don't like the book! :D
I even think that 76% was too high a grade.

Btw Matt Richard, somehow it will pay to abandon the Imperial Ranks!!! ;)
And to join those damn pirats.....:rolleyes:
:p

Matt Richard
24 August 2002, 08:41 AM
Glad you liked it, I thought maybe i was just rambling on about nothing through the entire thing, but hey, whatever works, right?:D

OverLord
24 August 2002, 02:29 PM
Hey, rambling on about nothing was what the book was all about anyway, right? :D

AxiustheDark
24 August 2002, 08:27 PM
Well, MattRichard, I read the review. Pretty good. In-depth without going on forever. I personally did not think it rambled on forver. (Unlike the Sourcebook itself.) My only problem, I just didn't think you were hard enough on the book. More like 55%., IMHO.