PDA

View Full Version : Star Destroyers

Renz Ward
22 August 2002, 06:52 PM
2 Questions:

What are Sovereign Class Star Destroyers, ans how big are they?

How do Nebula Class New Republic Star Destroyers compare with older Star Destroyers.

Thanks

Durian Keldrona
22 August 2002, 06:55 PM
If i remember correctly the Executor was a soveraign class... I could be wrong though

Kelcheck
22 August 2002, 07:28 PM
The Soverain was an inbetween ship,(@15000m) between the Super stardestroyer (@about 11000 m) and the Eclipse SSD (@17500 m). It was never featured but was mentioned and given stats in the Dark empire sorse book.

Kelcheck
22 August 2002, 07:34 PM
the Exicutor was a SSD (Super class Star Destroyer) which waslisted in WEG material at 8000 m but lucas arts and numerous other more acurate sources have listed it more realisticly at 11000 m when compared to an Imperial class Star Destroyer (which has had it's length firmly established at 1600 m) also the model builder who built the Exicutor Model for Empire Strikes back has stated in interviews the the ship was about 6.5-7 miles which puts it in the 11000 m range, also Wizards also lists the SSD at 11000 m

madpoet
22 August 2002, 08:26 PM
Here we go again with the ever-popular "How big is the SSD" debate. Good times. :D

Actually, if you search some past threads you'll see a lot of people went on and on at great length on the subject of the different sources takes on just how big an SSD is.

Deck
23 August 2002, 01:21 AM
<b><i>Sovereign</i>-class Super Star Destroyer:</b>
There were several planned of these vessels, but they were nver completed and never saw times of duty. They were smaller versions of the <i>Eclipse</i>-class Super Star Destroyer. They measured 15,000 meters in length, and were equipeed with an axial superlaser besides its other weaponry. Stats appear in the <i>Dark Empire Sourcebook</i>.

<b><i>Nebula</i>-class Star Destroyer:</b>
Well, this ship is a bit of a mystery. Only being mentioned in the <i>Black Fleet Trilogy</i> and the <i>Hand of Thrawn Duology</i>, thse ships were only mentioned by name. Besides the probable length of 1,040 meters, little is know about these ships. There are however, other New Republic ships having the same length, among them the <i>Defender</i>-class Star Destroyer which is described in <i>Cracken's Threat Dossier</i>. It is possible that the editors meant it to be the same vessel, and it only has another name in the RPG book. But we can't be sure on this aspect.