PDA

View Full Version : SW and left handed people

Boca Jantho
26 August 2002, 05:43 AM
JUst a curiosity really. Wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this.

George Lucas must be left handed. Why?

Well watching all the movies produced to date, whenever a character loses an appendage, it's their RIGHT hand. LUke, Vader, Anakin.

KInda strange don't you think?

Indeed, even in our game this is true. As you will read in the upcoming game log for OPeration Windfall ( due out sometime in October) Baal loses his RIGHT hand in a lightsaber fight. Coincidence? UNconcious manipulation by the GM? Baal is right handed? Noone knows for sure.

JUst some ramblings.

Tony Garrett

BRodgers
26 August 2002, 05:46 AM
I thinks it's because Lucas knows what kind of he** on earth it is for people to do stuff with their left hand.

Eating..drinking..driving..shooting a rodian first.....these are all things that are harder with the left hand.

That is TRUE evil right there....

:D

elfgirl1973
26 August 2002, 05:54 AM
I just think people keep losing their right hands because that's the hand with the weapon in it at the time. What's the point of whacking someone's hand off in the first place if they can still pick up a weapon or use the weapon that's already in the other hand?

Boca Jantho
26 August 2002, 06:08 AM
Excellent point Tracy.

I spend countless sleepless nights trying to discover the meanign of it all, and wham, it's that simple. My own fault for looking for conspiracies in everything.
:p

later
Tony Garrett

Darklighter
26 August 2002, 06:13 AM
Good point, Elfgirl. I used to fence, and you always keep your off-hand back and out of the way. You can use it for balance back there, but it also lengthens your body, narrowing your profile - and it takes away another target. I fenced sabre, and in 5.5 years, I think I got hit in the right hand several times every practice. In all that time, I think my left (off) hand was hit twice.

BRodgers
26 August 2002, 06:14 AM
But come on..if you get either of your freaking hands cut off you are gonna be a lot less effective in combat...not to mention if you are primarily proficient in a two handed fighting style.

HA!

Durian Keldrona
26 August 2002, 10:49 AM
you do realize that Han Solo, Luke, Leia are all left handed. look at what hand they all use blasters in.

BRodgers
26 August 2002, 11:01 AM
Hmmm...I don't know Durian , not according to all of the pics I've seen.....

BRodgers
26 August 2002, 11:02 AM
And here is Leia...

Durian Keldrona
26 August 2002, 12:44 PM
I seem to remember a picture with all of them being left handed... perhaps its one of those flipped negative pictures.

Boca Jantho
26 August 2002, 12:51 PM
It very well could have been afliped picture. I have seen a couple pictures in some old WEst end games sourcebooks of the Falcon with the cockpit on the opposite side.

I do believe that all the mentioned characters are right handed. There are instances where they use their left hand. One that imediately springs to mind is the duel between Vader and Luke on Bespin. When Luke losses his footing and says " You'll find I'm full of surprises" i think he uses the saber in his left catches himself with his right. Could be wrong though I havent watched that movie today.:p

But hey thanks for your input. Didnt realize a musing like this would stir this kind of discussion.

Tony Garrett

waza sunrider
30 August 2002, 05:21 PM
well in ANH obi cuts off teh whole arm of ponda,, whaterer his name is cant remeber right now.
also i dont think it just a hand thing klux has lost his right leg ,, twice
ist a consperiacy against the rigth side or the body,,,,,,,,

Koort
16 September 2002, 06:55 PM
*coming in WAY late to the thread*
It seems a bit odd, though, that someone weilding a lightsaber in their *right* hand would hit an opponents *right* side. In virtually every confrontation you see in SW, the opponents are squared off against each other, so the natural target for a weapon held in the right hand would be the left side. Of course, there is still the issue of wanting to take the other guy's weapon out of play... Or in the case of Baal, take all four limbs off and leave the torso to sort it out...:raised: