PDA

View Full Version : Help with NJO Campaign

danielwilkersonlim
26 August 2002, 07:55 PM
Hi guys! The Holonet is the precisely the right place to turn to for d20 help when you really need it. Anyway, I want to begin a New Jedi Order campaign for some of my RPG buddies. There will be four 1st or 2nd level characters, including at least one Jedi Guardian. I would like the campaign to begin shortly after the events that take place in "Vector Prime." Does anyone out there have any good ideas for adventure hooks in this time frame? If so, just post some proposals. I seem to be short on ideas myself. Maybe some of you out there have either played or (preferrably) created campaigns and missions that fit into this time frame. I really need to tap into the creativity of the online RPG community.
I have two more related question. On the galactic map provided in the NJO books, only a select few worlds and systems are included. Mon Calamari, for example, seems to be left out (though I could be mistaken). Such obscure worlds as Karnak Alpha, Artus, Kejim, and Rusann are also ommitted. My question is this: did the Vong take over other worlds in their invasion path other than those mentioned in the books. In the galactic map, the Vong's conquest is shaded to encompass all of the worlds and systems that have been taken over. But are there others? For example, are there other planets in the Belkadan-Sernpidal-Helska region of the Outer Rim that the Vong also conquered? If so, I can probably create my own planet as the starting point of a NJO order campaign. For example, my heroes could work to try to turn the planetary government in favor of opposing rather than appeasing the Vong (as Han and Leia tried to do in Rebel Stand).
Question number 2: When did the Peace Brigade start? When is the first time they are mentioned in the NJO series.
Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

- Help me SWRPG community; you're my only hope.

AxiustheDark
27 August 2002, 04:23 AM
There is a good thread on the Gamemaster Discussion named 1001 Plot Hooks. There is some pretty decent stuff on there, especially towards the bottom (Hint, Hint).

You can get there by clicking here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8925) .

Hope some of those will help.

Rogue Janson
27 August 2002, 11:07 AM
The maps of areas occupied by the Vong in the NJO book are a bit suspect. For example, by star by star, the Imperial remnant is marked as completely overrun, as is Corellia (despite Centrepoint and its planetary repulsors) without a mention in the books. Kashyyyk is also marked as taken by either Agents of Chaos or Edge of Victory, despite a statement in the books to the contrary. In one of the later books apparently it says the Vong are in the system but have yet to take the planet. I think that Mon Calamari is effectively blockaded by the Vong fairly early, with hyperspace lanes seeded with Dovin Basals, although it may be possible to get through. The Provisional Council flees to Mon Calamari after the loss of Coruscant and Borleias, so it can't be impossible to get there.

I imagine the Vong occupied a large number of planets in the area they occupied, although some would either be blockaded or would still have fighting going on at any particular point. Those with collaborative governments might be spared occupation or might have only token forces stationed there. Some areas might be left largely alone, either due to insignificance or defensibility, with the Vong relying on their control of space around the areas to control them. An example of this might be the Hapes Consortium, which apparently only has one hyperspace route to it.

As for the Peace Brigade, I think they're mentioned in the second NJO book, though I could be wrong - they certainly crop up early on.

Tramp
27 August 2002, 02:05 PM
The color representing planets and sectors that you're reffering to as being "taken" in the Source book yet not in the stories themselves actually represents systems "taken" or "threatened by the Yuuzhan Vong. In other words they're systems within the Yuuzhan Vong "Invasion Corridor".

Moridin
27 August 2002, 02:15 PM
Moving to General RPG, since it's not system specific.