PDA

View Full Version : NJO Era Side Quests

NilAdmirari
29 August 2002, 11:24 AM
Has anyone GM'd a NJO campaign yet? I'm starting one up in little over a week and I'm a bit worried at the future prospect of generating side story sessions. Think Star Trek, big story arc, quick lil break, big story arc. I want something to give my players a break from the constant refugee run that seems so prevalent in the mid and later parts of the NJO era.

Now I'm not really looking for quests ideas, just people, places, organizations that my ALL Jedi group might have reason to visit. I don't want the Vong to disappear, just want them placed on the back burner for a lil while.

The best thing my feeble mind can work up is going out to plee for help from various organizations...one problem of mine being that there doesn't seem to be many kicking around at this time. We got the Peace Brigade, the Imperial Remnant, and the Hutts...anyone else?

Flarestorm
2 September 2002, 06:11 AM
The Corporate Sector, we haven't heard what their stance is

Whatever is left of Black Sun. If its still alive and kicking in your campaign, it could contribute a lot to the NR in resources and refugee ships.

Dark Jedi/Sith. Another sect might arise. Would they team up against the invaders, or join them?

The force-witches of Dathomir would be a good source of trained fighters against the Vong, if they could be smuggled out of Vong-controlled space.

AxiustheDark
2 September 2002, 06:57 AM
Ummm.....groups to visit. Let's see...

How about the Jenasaari? A force-using psuedo-jedi tradition that is currently not ransacked by the YV? They are covered in Mr. Stackpole's good novel, "I, Jedi." They recieve great game detail in a very good article by Moridin located right here (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1394) . This will tell you just about everything you need to know to set up something with them.

Another good group is the Antarian Rangers, who are semi-military tradition who make it their goal to assist the Jedi. The prestige class, with a nice long description of the organization, is located right here (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=989) ( also by Moridin, heh ).

You could also use something of my own creation, the War Computers of Cygeas 5, which could be very helpful against the YV. The post with a little more detail on them is right here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=97830) , and with a little adaptation, could be a very powerful weapon against the YV. This last link is an attachment, so don't let the .txt file surprise you.

NilAdmirari
2 September 2002, 09:39 AM
Yeah I like the look of some of those groups mentioned, Moridin's work is all incredibly useful. It's awesome to see Wizards actually using his writeups now. Axius thanks for all the links...I'll have to read that mission but the war computers, from what I've looked at, seem like just what i was looking for.

Flarestorm I had thought of Black Sun and will likely work them in at some point. Do you know where I could get some info regarding the Coporate Sector, without reading I Jedi. With school coming up I just don't have the time for another novel. Still working my way through the 2nd Dark Tide.

Thanks for all the help guys...I believe I'll be going with the Jedi Refugee type campaign as described in the new POTJ book so that should make for some interesting side missions. What the PC's will likely do is kill a jedi at the academy accidentally. Of course the death will be somewhat their fault since it'll be part of some squabble with another group of trainees but their intentions are certaintly not to kill the kid...from there it'll be a running from the order sort of thing, most likely pushed from the order from the friends of the kid they killed.

Moff Neomen
3 September 2002, 07:28 AM
As a long time Black Sun fan, I'd like to second the two statements above :D.

Remember, much of Black Sun was destroyed in the YJK series...so it would be in a rebuilding stage. It also might not be completely sympathetic to the NR...lingering animosity and a drive for profits in any way possible would drive them away. Perhaps they've cut in on the refugee business, and intentionally hijack refugee fleets so that there are fewer ships, thus extorting the refugees that want to escape by making them pay high prices for limited space. Or they've gotten control a highly needed market, like bacta supplies or ship building facilities, and use price fixing to reap high profits.

If you decide that Black Sun should take sides, perhaps its using its vaunted spy network to infiltrate behind enemy lines, using Peace Brigade negotiators to get intelligence on Vong positions and helping insert agents into underground, formerly criminal, resistance movements.

OR...::PLAYERS DON'T READ THIS::

...you could have the Vong infiltrate Black Sun :D. Perhaps a skilled Vong agent of chaos has worked his way up to Vigodom in Black Sun, disguised as a human, and is using the machinery of Black Sun to sabotage the NR and provide a way in for Vong and Peace Brigade saboteurs. That could work quite well....