PDA

View Full Version : Boy I'm Mad

Troy Henist
30 August 2002, 12:01 PM
I have just spent the last 3 - 4 weeks putting together an Imperial Campaign for the group I game with. Because of people at Uni or have moved away from the area, the group totals 4 including me. I asked the players over a month ago if they were intrested in the idea and they all said yes, I even told them it was using WEG's D6 system and still they said yes.

So the next few weeks flew by with me designing it, I got a character from one player and the other is putting is his together, everything is going fine until tonight. I had an e-mail sent to me by the third player saying because he doesn't like the D6 system he doesn't want to play.

He has had over month to tell me this, instead he waits until a couple of weeks before I am likely to start to tell me he doesn't want to play.

Not only has he wasted my time, I now have the sad time task of telling the other Players that it looks like the campaign won't be happening. He has managed to make we waste about a months worth of work. :mad:

Has this happened to anybody else, or am I just an unlucky swine?

proxima centauri
30 August 2002, 12:48 PM
Why are you putting off your game because of simply one player? you still got 2!

dgswensen
30 August 2002, 04:05 PM
All the time, my friend. For so many reasons. Unfortunately, sometimes you just have to suck it up and move on.

My sympathies; it is very unfortunate when that happens and it can be annoying to have so much work not come to fruition. But it seems to come with the GMing territory.

Don't worry too much though, chances are you may get to use some of that material in another game down the road.

Krad-edis
30 August 2002, 10:23 PM
I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you, but I am glad to hear that it has happened to someone else besides me ;).

You still have two players left to entertain, right? That sounds just right if you ask me. Some of the best games I have run have been with just two or three people playing. They stick together and work as a team very well. Stay with it and don't cancel. If you do, you will feel that you truly wasted that time, and you will never know if it would have been fun to just go anyway. Besides, does one player not playing make that much of a difference?

You still have those other guys. Don't forget about them.

Anikka Nesson
31 August 2002, 09:05 AM
he might be a nice guy,
but if that third player is rude enough to not tell you his feelings about D6 at an appropriate time, like when you told him you were using that system, you're better off without him.
I'm with Krad-edis and Proxima, you've still got two valuable, and more important, flexable, players. They game will be more fun without the spoil sport.
Besides, some of my favrote games were with three people, including the GM.
Have fun!

hisham
31 August 2002, 07:16 PM
Go with it Troy...

When push comes to a Force Push, I've even GMed for 1 player before.

My tip for you is this: if you GM for 1 ro 2 characters, beef up your NPCs for a better (read: more fun) character interaction as opposed to just enter the room, kill the enemy, pick up his weapons & equipment.

Troy Henist
2 September 2002, 05:52 AM
Well I have spoke to the two remaining players and they still want me to run the campaign. Actually they are even more enthusiastic (sp?) about starting the thing.

Thanks to all the advive guys and gals.

Time to indoctrinate some people into the might of the Empire :D