PDA

View Full Version : I need ideas!

DataEntity2
1 September 2002, 11:11 AM
I am gamemastering a group of three heroes(I could not get any more).One is a Boba Fett clone, one a Wookie Jedi(fallen), and one a Duro scoundrel.They are a freelance Merc/BountyHunter unit in the Rebellion era. They are low-level heroes, and I need good ideas! Please help me on this. I actually have some good ideas, but want to save them for when they can really enjoy them.

Reverend Strone
1 September 2002, 11:37 AM
A quick and easy way to get the ball rolling would be to send them off on a treasure hunt. It's a simple plan to begin with, and can fget as deep and complex once you start gaming as you want.

They're mercs right? So have someone hire them to go find, retrieve, "liberate" something. Obviously, they're not the only one's sent on this treeasure hunt, so you have instant competitors from rival agencies, potential Imperial entanglements when they run foul of the law, and underworld complications when they discover what they're retrieving or who is hiring them ain't all that it/they appeared to be.

just some quick thoughts to get you going.

Good luck.:)

Zanus
1 September 2002, 01:50 PM
I trick I have always liked is when a GM uses a piece of a characters background. That is, of coarse, if the player bothered to give his character a background.

Don't sweat having three players. The very first game I ever ran was a DnD game with 11 players. By the second session I had a raging migrane and I was so angry at many them (most where very immature) that I killed all of the characters off. Trust me, starting small is proly the best thing!

Hmm, low level SW game ideas, hmm

Well, Reverend Strone had some good ideas, and leads on games. Stealing ships, or getting some vital info from the Empire (or Rebellion if they are really evil) is always a fun thing.

OOO! The main WEG SW book had an excellent game in it that can very easily turn into a campaign. The Pirates of Prexiar. If you don't like doing out of book games, you could always use it as a basis, like instead of pirates on prexiar, maybe pirates/privateers or smugglers in a warehouse on Nar Shadaa or Ord Antahala, or some such.

For latter games, remember that sometimes it can be fun for the players to be able to guide what the next adventure might be based off of previous actions. But don't tell them they can do this or they might walk all over you! Just think of what their actions might cause, and how this could later affect the players. Robbed from a hutt? now have anumber of Bounty Hunters after them and an ever increasing death mark. Attacked some pirates and failed to kill their leader? Players might later come across some pirates somewhere they didn't expect, only to find that this group is either linked to/friends with the pirates they attacked, or is lead by the same pirate they failed to kill! Much fun.

Anyway, that is my thoughts

Nova Spice
1 September 2002, 02:25 PM
Scenario One: An Offer They Can't Refuse
-A high-profile criminal syndicate is looking to smuggle weapons and arms to a resistance group on the planet Krerimin. If they are successful, the credits will be sufficient enough to expand the crime syndicate's operations into Wild Space and the Outer Rim Territories. Unfortunately, all attempts to smuggle the munitions have resulted in the death/capture of the smugglers by the Krerimin government. The syndicate wants the heroes to infiltrate the government and disrupt its coordination so the smugglers can supply the resistance with needed weapons.

Scenario Two: Soldiers For Hire
-Imperial patrols have been a common sight in the Outer Rim as the Rebel Alliance grows in strength and numbers. An Imperial sector Moff needs all the eyes he can get and is forced to turn to "alternative" tactics to hunt down the Rebels. The heroes are contracted by the Moff to search and destroy/capture all Rebel cells in the surrounding systems. Other mercenary groups have been hired as well, creating a competitive environment for the heroes.

Scenario Three: Band of Brothers
-With the Rebel Alliance desperately searching for supplies and manpower to battle the Galactic Empire, "conventional" soldiers are not the only option in High Command's sabacc deck. An Alliance SpecOps officer contacts the heroes to offer them a job in assisting a Rebel raid on an Imperial supply depot in the New Plympto System. If the operation goes smoothly, the heroes will be well paid for their services.

I hope that opens up some doors for ideas! :D ;)

Admiral_Atredies
1 September 2002, 02:47 PM
Try checking out this thread, one of my own for my Bounty Hunter campaign. Hope you can get some ideas not only for scenarios, but for good villians too. I helped me and I hope it helps you. http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9058 (http://http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9058)

AxiustheDark
1 September 2002, 07:01 PM
For further ideas, check out the plot thread labeled "1001 Generic Plot hooks..." that is at the top of this forum. It is starting to be quite a collection, and if you look through it, you just might find something that interests you. Hope it helps.

DataEntity2
3 September 2002, 05:06 AM
Well, now my campaign should get going.B) Thanks for the help!