PDA

View Full Version : Outbound project and Jorus cyboth

wolverine
2 September 2002, 08:50 AM
After reading the thrawn trilogy and then later the duology og the hand of thrawn, we come to hear about the outbound project and the jedi master jorus cyboth. But in both atoc and phantom menace we see nothing of this? Why?

Any thoughts?

Zanus
2 September 2002, 10:43 AM
It's another one of those Cannon vs EU things. I wouldn't worry to much about it. Especially considering most of the EU was written under the assumption that the clones, of the clone wars, where fighting the republic, not for them. There is a whole list of things that don't match up. Lucas will do as he wishes with his story, and it is best to just sit back and see what he does then figure out what in the EU is changed for yourself.

Armadious
2 September 2002, 03:11 PM
From what I hear Zahn is writing a prequel book or two based on the Outbound Flight project, C'both, Thrawn and Palpy. When it comes out it should answer your questions.

Reverend Strone
2 September 2002, 03:21 PM
Wow! I look forward to that. Thanks for the tip Armadious.

While I wasn't surprised to hear nothing of the Outward Bound Flight Project in the Prequel movies, I had wondered whether anyone was considering a novel on the subject, given how much the movies have expanded our knowledge and interest in that era. Great to know it's being considered.

The Zahn novels are the best of the few EU stuff I've read so far, so I look forward to this if it turns out to be true.

Zanus
2 September 2002, 03:36 PM
That is interesting news. I think I am gonna have to start looking more into the prequel novels. The Darth Maul one looks at least semi-interesting.

Thanks for the tip Armadious

Karam Nor
2 September 2002, 04:39 PM
Zanus,

I just finished Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter (if that's the novel you are talking about), and it was just semi-interesting. It's a decent read, but there are just some things I didn't like. WIthout spoiling anything, I'm not sure I get the idea that a Sith Lord can go marauding around Coruscant and NOT ONE Jedi can get even the faintest glimmer. It's one thing to hide in the shadows like Palpatine, but it's another thing entirely to go around raising hell and no one notices.

I liked Cloak of Deception, but then I liked the political stuff in Episodes 1 & 2, so it's a question of taste.

I'm starting on Approaching Storm tonight, and I'm hoping for the best.

Zanus
2 September 2002, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the warning Karam Nor I will keep that in mind.

It proly has something to do with the Jedi orders inability to sense within the force, or some such. What about the writing style? Is it reminiscent of any other Sw author, or was it easy/hard to follow? a few books have been ruined for me cause of the way they where writen.

ElfWord
5 November 2002, 03:13 AM
I'm not really surprised to not see anything about the Outbound Flight Project in the movies. Both because of the whole EU vs canon thing others have mentioned, but also because I don't see how you could make it tie in with the plot at all.