PDA

View Full Version : Somebody say it ain't so!

Dan Kyrinov
4 September 2002, 09:51 AM
Starwars.com has recently posted a list of Jedi seen in the ring of survivors after the Jedi charge in the Battle of Geonosis, in the arena. The link is: http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020903.html

The link lists all those seen who are still alive at the battle in the arena's still point during which Dooku bargains with Mace. With clone gunships getting shot down, Jedi marching into the ground battle with the Republic clone trooper, and more fighting later, it's possible some who were in the survivor's ring didn't make it but that is beside the point.

I am 85% sure I saw Bariss Offee lighting her saber in a shot of the Jedi arriving at the arena, but she is not listed among the survivors. Having watched ep2 a few times I thought (and my friends concurred) that she might have gone down. Or it might have been another extra in dark clothing playing dead, I don't know. The point is, what (named) Jedi do you think have perished? Has Bariss? Who else? Anybody have an idea?

Kobayashi_Maru
4 September 2002, 01:14 PM
I think it also says that it is not a complete list of "survivors" but a list of those left "standing" in the ring (circle, not wrestling/boxing) torwards the end. It states that some of the fallen jedi (in battle, not DSP related) survived their wounds.

Jedi_Staailis
4 September 2002, 02:31 PM
Kobayashi_Maru has this right. All that this quote says is who was in that particular frame of action. Jedi in other places and wounded Jedi who didn't die could add to the survivor total; and Jedi who died afterward could add to the killed count. In short, the response tells us nothing about who survived or didn't survive the battle as a whole.

Nova Spice
6 September 2002, 11:32 PM
In short, the response tells us nothing about who survived or didn't survive the battle as a whole.

Agreed Staailis, for I posted a comment in this forum a while back on the deaths of Eeth Koth and Saesee Tiin. Although I am sure I saw them in the arena. Perhaps they were aboard the gunship we saw blown up across from Mace and Obi-Wan's gunship?

Anyway, Dan, I wouldn't worry too much about Barriss Offee, for they didn't mention her demise in the POTJ Sourcebook. That is probably a good thing! :D

BrianDavion
7 September 2002, 10:08 AM
right from that ring of survivors we have at least 1 confirmed fatality

Dan Kyrinov
7 September 2002, 10:53 AM
Confirmed fatalities? Hmmm. I think I'm missing something. If it's Power of the Jedi sourcebook-related, you shouldn't say, that book is on the way for me. I never realized Eeth and SaeSee were in trouble... do I have some bad news to look forwards to in POTJ?

Corr Terek
10 September 2002, 06:23 PM
Oh good, that means my Prequel-Era Jedi Knight could've survived that battle also. Yay. ;)

Dan Kyrinov
10 September 2002, 08:33 PM
http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020909.html

This was posted on Starwars.com recently.

Whew. I was scared for a minute.

FlipDog 2000
13 September 2002, 05:36 AM
Well, of course Jedi survived that battle, otherwise who would be left to take control of the clone regiments? Really, did y'all think that Obi, Mace, Ani and Yoda were the only ones left?

The rest of the upper level Jedi just contnued to command the clones as smaller battles took place around the galaxy and some stayed behind to finish cleaning up Geonosis.