PDA

View Full Version : At the start of Vector Prime, who are all the Jedi Masters in the galaxy?

surfmonkey01
9 September 2002, 07:36 AM
I need to know for an adventure I plan on running for my NJO-era d20 game...

Trigger
9 September 2002, 10:50 AM
I may miss one or two, but as far as i know, as of Vector Prime, the Jedi Masters were:
1) Luke Skywalker
2) Mara Jade Skywalker
3) Kyp Durron
4) Tionne
5) Kam Solusar
6) Corran Horn (GO CORRAN!!!!)
7) Streen
8) Ikrit
9)Cilghal
10) Kenth Hamner
12) Tresina Lobi

again, i might have missed one or two, but theres a pretty good list for ya.

Nova Spice
9 September 2002, 04:12 PM
Just to add on to Trigger's list:

-Kirana Ti (one of Luke's original students; a Force Witch from Dathomir)

I'm not so sure about Kenth Hamner. I was under the impression he was simply a liason for the Jedi to the New Republic; I guess I could be wrong. Now as far as Corran, I know he is not a Jedi Master. In all the books he is listed as Jedi Knight and it even mentions it somewhere in the books that he has yet to attain masterhood.

I'm currently using Kirana Ti in my NJO campaign since she has yet to appear in the series for some reason. She was one of Luke's original students, so I find it odd she has yet to make an appearance. Anyway, I hope that helps, not to take anything away from Trigger, since he named some I forgot about as well. I can't say I recall Tresina Lobi? Is she the Elomin Jedi Master in Balance Point that is missing an apprentice?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
9 September 2002, 04:39 PM
I don't know about Kirana, but all the sources I checked confirmed that Hamner is a Master. As far as Lobi - she was the Master who lost an apprentice in SbS just she is a Chev and not Elomin.

Trigger
9 September 2002, 05:39 PM
my mistake about Corran. I just think he ought to be a master in my own mind. Kirana Ti is not a master, either, so theres two to be keeping an eye on, since i think both deserve the rank.

Corr Terek
10 September 2002, 06:02 PM
Would you accept fan fiction Jedi Masters as well? If so, let me know and I'll post the few I have here -- since the current list seems rather small.

Also, wouldn't Kell Tainer's wife be a Jedi Master, since she's training their son?

BrianDavion
10 September 2002, 06:35 PM
fan fiction masters hardly count. and I agree the list DOES seem small at first but it seems understandable when you think about it since the master/padawan thing was only re established fairly recently

Jedi_Staailis
10 September 2002, 07:26 PM
I think it's quite possible that the meaning of "Jedi Master" may have migrated slightly from the Old Republic to the NJO (the obvious real life explanation for this is the newfound knowledge that training a Padawan is all that is necessary for a Jedi to be called a Master). We're tasked with explaining things in terms of what exists in the universe, and EU sources after ROTJ seem to indicate that Jedi Master is a term that applies to a person's strength in the Force and the "Jedi Arts", not whether they have a trainee.

In Vision of the Future, Mara berates Luke for declaring himself a Jedi Master with so little experience. Given that Luke declares himself a Jedi Master when he begins training students, it's obvious that she isn't referring to that. It can be argued that Mara doesn't know what she's talking about, but Luke did not dispute the meaning of "Jedi Master," and Mara is probably one of the most knowledgeable people on the topic.