PDA

View Full Version : problems with forms

gipetruc
13 September 2002, 01:48 PM
I continue to have problems with the holonet forms used for registration and password recovery:

to register I must type the code in the form because otherwise the site says that the link is non valid (the site, not the browser). when I give the code, everything works.

also I couldn't manage to recover my old (and forgotten) password, and so I had to create a new account (originaly I was gpetruc without the i), because in this case when I clicked the link in the mail it sayd that the email address used for requesting the password in invalid.

I don't think it's my browser's fault, as I tried with IE 5.5, Mozilla 1.0, Netscape 6.2.3 and Netscape 7 and all gave the same results. It is not even due to the mail client, i think, because when I tried reading the mail from the web I had the same response. And this seems not to depend on the PC, because it happened on two different PCs (one win Win98SE and one with Win2k Pro sp2)

Has something similar happened to anyone ?
And: there is some other way to have the old password back other than that form ?
(I also had to register with a different email address, and this is a webmail that is slow and less nice)

Nova Spice
13 September 2002, 08:36 PM
Well, sounds to me like it may be something involved with your "cookies" or something involved with IP address. The only real person who can help you out is Armage. He maintains the Holonet along with a select few and he will be able to assist you with whatever problem you might be having connecting to the Network.

Also, as I had trouble a year or more back with my account, I'm sure Moridin or Armage can recover your old account if you ask. They did it for me and I'm sure they'd be willing to do it for you. I hope whatever is causing you trouble is sorted out. ;)