PDA

View Full Version : Bad cover for Power of the Jedi :(

malphas13
18 September 2002, 01:41 PM
Have a look at the cover of the new "Power of the Jedi" book.
Cover (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/078692781X/reader/1/ref=lib_dp_TFCV/104-5122987-2365549#reader-link)
Mace Windu is supposed to be one of the best Jedi "swordsmen" in the History of the Jedi. Yet look at how he holds his Lightsabre... Any man who holds a sword/lighsabre like that should have his hands cut off... His hand position would be proper for a gun/blaster but not a lightsabre... He would have no power, and little control over his weapon given his hand positioning... It's a small thing granted, but it just looks dumb...

sebulba524
18 September 2002, 02:01 PM
I dont' know what you're talking about. The order's greatest swordsman is holding his lightsaber alright. Mace may not be, but who cares? He's nothing compared to Yoda!

BrianDavion
18 September 2002, 02:28 PM
he's holding it like a badmonton racket. this might not be a bad position actually for deflecting high incoming blaster shots

evan hansen
18 September 2002, 05:33 PM
More importantly, a dude with that much ability in the Force could fling that thing around and do whatever he wanted with it in less than the blink of an eye. :D

JediMoonkea
26 September 2002, 12:17 PM
More importantly, what the heck is Luke up to?

Arcome
27 September 2002, 07:32 AM
I totally agree with you about Mace. It's not just his GAY PRIDE lightsaber either. His looks like a retard. Atleast Yoda looks cool, but then again Yoda is the man, he would looks cool even if he was getting raped in the ear by a Wookie. I hope I'm not talking to harshly...if I am, you have my sincere apoligiese.

While we are on the subject of the cover of that book, what about how Luke looks, my god, that is such a bad picture of him. Stupid Wizards of the Coast, I think that all roleplaying companies should be turned over to gamers...if anyone agrees or disagrees let me know what you think.

--Arcome(Johnny)

evan hansen
27 September 2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Arcome
I totally agree with you about Mace. It's not just his GAY PRIDE lightsaber either. His looks like a retard. Atleast Yoda looks cool, but then again Yoda is the man, he would looks cool even if he was getting raped in the ear by a Wookie. I hope I'm not talking to harshly...if I am, you have my sincere apoligiese.

I'm not moderator of this forum, so I have no authority to stop this kind of thing, but I really dislike this tone and language. There's no reason to call it a "gay pride" lightsaber. Raped in the ear by a Wookie?

In some contexts, I'd probably laugh; but the very public holonet is not one of them. Let's try to show some restraint and respect for other people here, folks. Apologies if I seem anal retentive, but I'm guessing I'm not entirely alone on this one.

Vreel Kudarin
26 October 2002, 09:35 AM
AND it's "Wookiee" not "Wookie" - you have offended my race! Opps, I mean: WAAAARRRRRUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH! :p

VixenofVenus
26 October 2002, 10:07 AM
In the immortal words of Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes fame) - "Ptbbbthssssss!!" :p

I really don't care ... Mace ... Mace is just 700 years behind Yoda in experience and expertise with a blade ... so if he wants to hold is kick-A purple lightsaber with two hands like that ... then let him ... he could clean the floor with you holding it that way the whole time!!!

Arcome
28 October 2002, 06:50 AM
Sorry fo the tone of the last post I made. Oh yeah, it's Wookiee, not Wookie, geez, sorry.

Master Droid
1 November 2002, 03:53 AM
I think that it was a good cover, except for Luke. I found him to be to cheesey to be much of a Jedi (of course, that is just my opinion.) But Mace can hold his lightsaber how he wants, and it is impossible to make Yoda not cool.:)

Red
17 November 2002, 02:40 PM
(edited by moderator)

Corr Terek
17 November 2002, 05:48 PM
I don't know, but if you have nothing to say about the topic at hand and can only make pointless remarks, you'll be putting a lot of people's "panties in such a knot". There are places for such things as Arcome's comments, and public holonet (where there are probably some impressionable young viewers) is NOT the place.

See Holonet post in Rants and Raves forum on Holonet Immaturity.

Incidently, I have only caught a few glimpses of the POJ cover, but it looks okay to me. Though I think perhaps they could have put Luke in more of an action pose.

P.S. I bash or flame no one, I simply am responding to a pointless comment and speaking up in the defense of a fellow Holonetter. My sincerest apologies if this is taken in the wrong way.

Red
17 November 2002, 08:18 PM
(edited by moderator)

Red
18 November 2002, 08:00 AM
I have to say editting people's post is really kool with a k.