PDA

View Full Version : New Republic Era in Revised Sourcebook?

Kurrelgyrre
20 September 2002, 10:11 AM
Maybe I missed it, but I don't see where the New Republic Era has been mentioned in the revised sourcebook. Was it absorbed into the NJO time period?

Thanks! B)

Nova Spice
20 September 2002, 09:02 PM
Maybe I missed it, but I don't see where the New Republic Era has been mentioned in the revised sourcebook. Was it absorbed into the NJO time

No it wasn't absorbed into the New Jedi Order, its just that WotC has yet to have time to dive into that era very much. Fortunately, a select group of Holonet members, including myself, are in the process of creating a New Republic Era Sourcebook.

Look for information about this ground-breaking project to surface in the coming days and weeks! ;)

Kurrelgyrre
21 September 2002, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the info, Nova Spice!

The New Republic Era is one of my faves, and I especially like the Thrawn books by Zahn, the Jedi Academy Trilogy (as well as Darksaber and I, Jedi), and Crimson Empire.

Good luck on the sourcebook. I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

BrianDavion
21 September 2002, 08:01 AM
WOTC hasn't covered the new republic era too much. and I can understand why actually.

WOTC is covering the era of the original trilogy of course because thats an era where everyone will be playing till. the rebellion era technicly stretches till thew thrawn trilogy IIRC, both thrawn and Yssane Isard got a BREIF write up in the end of the rebellion era book.

the ROTE era and the NJO era are being covered because they are nwew and exciting
WOTC wants to do NEW stuff not just rehash area WEG covered already. the new republic era has had a lot of source material pumped out for it so I don't expect WOTC to go into much detail.

Nova Spice
21 September 2002, 07:05 PM
Good luck on the sourcebook. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks very much Kurrelgyrre. :D I am looking forward to seeing it completed as well. I believe it will be a real treat for the community and for those of us working on it!

The information in the book should be very comprehensive of the New Republic Era EU, meaning it will be jam pack full of everything, everyone, and every place you want to see! ;)

Ardent
22 September 2002, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Nova Spice
The information in the book should be very comprehensive of the New Republic Era EU, meaning it will be jam pack full of everything, everyone, and every place you want to see! ;)

And probably some you don't want to see. ;)

Jim Williams
22 September 2002, 04:47 AM
And some things the NJO have forgotten about...like K-wing bombers for those Vong to see and go, "Dang, now I wish we had some of THOSE" and then kill themselves for blasphemy.

AxiustheDark
22 September 2002, 05:34 AM
Yes. Be on the lookout for the Rogue Squadron Preview Chapter to come out very soon now. It will give you a preview of what the rest of the sourcebook will look like. Plus it will be jammed full of useful information, including rules, settings, and descriptions & clarifications. It is going to be very good, if I do say so myself, especially when people have been waiting for these stats forever.

Jan Tolbara
29 October 2002, 07:15 PM
Any word on the progress of the New Republic Era Sourcebook? I am anxiously awaiting for this to become available.

Ardent
29 October 2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Jan Tolbara
Any word on the progress of the New Republic Era Sourcebook? I am anxiously awaiting for this to become available.

I can't speak for the rest of the crew, but my work has been delayed a bit by three things:

1. Work
2. Beer
3. ...lots of beer...zzz...

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
29 October 2002, 08:02 PM
All of those working on the project are doing an excellent job. The preview chapter on Rogue Squadron, written by AxiustheDark, should be released next month covering all aspects of everyone's favorite starfigher unit. I think that the entire project will be released in the first part of 2003 but that all depends on the editors and artists.

From what I've seen it's going to be awesome!

Nova Spice
29 October 2002, 08:03 PM
I'm a bit delayed as well, but not much. I'm busy with school, football, and of course my own RPG group. On top of the fact that I've been re-reading some of my appointed novels.

I've actually managed to complete many of the stats for Wraith Squadron and Iron Fist. Unfortunately, I still have Solo Command and the Courtship of Princess Leia left to go in stats.

Stats are only a portion, actually a small portion, of what I have to cover, so as for me, I've got a decent bit left to go. ;)

Jan Tolbara
29 October 2002, 08:26 PM
Will the sourcebook be available through a website? If so, which one?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
29 October 2002, 08:28 PM
That is a yet unanswered question Jan.

Kobayashi_Maru
10 January 2003, 05:15 PM
I was just wondering how the progress was coming??

CaamasiJedi49
13 January 2003, 07:21 AM
Well, speaking of the New Republic era, i have a question for the people making the guide. In the story about boba fett in the Tales of The Bounty Hunters, their was indication that a new bounty hunter guild has been established. Any info on that?

Caamasi Jedi49

Jedi Master Talon
14 January 2003, 10:31 AM
A New Republic Era Source book would be amazing because it'd be fun to actually fight Thrawn and play agansit Daala. It'd be so sweet.

Dan Kyrinov
14 January 2003, 03:52 PM
Jedi Master Talon? I was thinking the same thing the other day about Daala and Thrawn. And those two characters are going to be totally awesome. I believe there will even be two different stages of stats for Admiral Daala!

Jan Tolbara
13 February 2003, 11:31 PM
IIRC, Thrawn's stats are listed in the back of the Rebellion Era Sourcebook, but they don't give info on his fleet or anything else. If you can't wait for the sourcebook to be completed, WEG published sourcebooks for the Thrawn trilogy that are excellent references.

However, I am anxiously awaiting the results of this project, just like the rest of you. Any progress reports, guys?

Ardent
13 February 2003, 11:35 PM
Progress is...almost backwards. I've got a pile of ships that need doing and I keep thinking to myself "I can't be the only GM who doesn't do big space battles...why am I trying to do these stats?"

I've also got to either a) wait for an upcoming publication or b) polish up my own Jensaarai PrC, since Moridin's has mysteriously disappeared. Which means, if you hadn't guessed, I haven't done stats for any Jensaarai.

Kal_Myadon
25 February 2003, 05:38 AM
maybe the mysterious disappearing jensaari are going to be in the Force adepts section of the Heroes Book, this would explain why they have been taken from this site

:hansolo:

Kal

Ardent
25 February 2003, 07:10 AM
That was my thought, Kal. Obviously Moridin can neither confirm nor deny because of an NDA, but I'm torn about just waiting for the Hero's Book or moving along post-haste on my own incarnation. I think time will dictate my actions.

Jedi Cahlwyn
25 February 2003, 09:45 AM
I'm eager to see what you "fans" are doing with the New Republic sourcebook. It sounds like a blast! :D

That said, I hope that WotC decides to do some Ultimate Era campaign guides. They could do 320 page era guides that completely detail each of the four major eras (Rise of the Empire, Rebellion, New Republic, and New Jedi Order). That would kick butt!

Tramp
1 March 2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Cahlwyn
I'm eager to see what you "fans" are doing with the New Republic sourcebook. It sounds like a blast! :D

That said, I hope that WotC decides to do some Ultimate Era campaign guides. They could do 320 page era guides that completely detail each of the four major eras (Rise of the Empire, Rebellion, New Republic, and New Jedi Order). That would kick butt!

You forgot an Era: the Old Republic Era- Circa Tales of the Jedi.:kenobi:

Jedi Master Talon
26 March 2003, 10:04 AM
I don't think so because I've seen that Nova Spice and other are making a sourcebook for it.

BenWilbur
11 April 2003, 09:13 AM
Who is doing the Old Republic book, that would be a hoot.....

Wedge in Red2
12 April 2003, 02:30 AM
Um, I think some wires may have gotr crossed there. Some Holonetters are working on a New Republic Era sourcebook. As far as I'm aware there's no plan to do an Old Republic sourcebook.

The NRES has been in the works for a while now, as there's an aweful lot of information to cover (atleast 20 books, a heap of comics, video games etc.). Off the top of my head I think FrobiWanKenobi is the head man, Jim Williams is doing the Black Fleet Crisis and Hand of Thrawn Era, and Ardent is doing the Jedi Academy series plus I, Jedi. I can't recall who is doing the others...

Jon

Dan Kyrinov
14 April 2003, 09:58 PM
Nova Spice has got the Wraith Squadron series and Courtship of Princess Leia, and I'm doing the 'Callista Trilogy' and Crystal Star. Still many writers needed. You can PM FrobiWanKenobi if you're interested, he has put out a call for 'a few good writers.'

Jan Tolbara
18 April 2004, 01:52 AM
It's been over a year since the last post on this. Any progress, guys?

Rogue Janson
18 April 2004, 03:28 AM
Sadly, this project was abandoned some time last year after suggestions at gencon that WotC was going to do a NRE sourcebook. It's especially unfortunate considering how far wizards' SWRPG line has slipped this year.

If you do a quick search in the D20 forum, you should be able to find the thread with the official announcement from Jim Williams.

Kurrelgyrre
18 April 2004, 06:52 AM
Dang, and I was really looking forward to a NRE sourcebook too. :(

Jan, thanks for asking on this.

Really, the New Republic Era is probably my favorite to play in. It seems in recent years, the focus has gone from that era to the Old Republic. While that's well and good and I enjoy that, I miss the era of Thrawn and the Jedi Academy.

I haven't gotten too far on the NJO books yet. They seem fine, but the feel is different.

:wookiee: