PDA

View Full Version : The Bombing of Falleen- anyone know when exactly?

Reverend Strone
20 September 2002, 08:34 PM
Does anyone know when exactly Vader's bombing of the Falleen capital city happened in relation to the rest of the SW timeline? It has to have happened before Shadows of the Empire was set, but does anyone have any idea how long before exactly?

Thanks guys.

Nova Spice
20 September 2002, 09:10 PM
Does anyone know when exactly Vader's bombing of the Falleen capital city happened in relation to the rest of the SW timeline? It has to have happened before Shadows of the Empire was set, but does anyone have any idea how long before exactly?

Ah, good question Reverend. Looking at the facts about Xizor and Black Sun, I would have to say that it took place before A New Hope. Several clues lead me to believe that this has to be the only possible time that Vader could have wasted the Falleen city.

First-Between the Clone Wars and the Battle of Yavin was when the primary subjugation/enslavement of worlds took place. That's fairly common knowledge when you look at Mon Calamari and Kashyyyk.
Second-Vader could not have done it in the period between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, since he was constantly on the hunt for the Rebellion and Luke with the Executor.
Third-Shadows of the Empire takes place immediately after The Empire Strikes Back and Xizor had been head of Black Sun for some time, so it could not have been recent in comparison to Shadows.

Using this information I would say sometime between Episode III and Episode IV, maybe five to ten years before A New Hope. That should be enough time for Xizor to rise to power with his thirst for vengeance!

I hope that helps Rev. ;) :D

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
20 September 2002, 09:23 PM
I thought that by checking the life expectancy of the Falleen species I might be able to give you a better range; but they live for 250-400 years blowing that idea out the window.

But, here's a question: figure how long it would take someone to rise to the position that Xixor had in the Black Sun and that would be about when Falleen was bombarded. If I had to guess I would say at least 15 to 20 meaning 10 to 15 years before ANH.

Armadious
21 September 2002, 08:50 AM
According to SotESB by WEG, this occured 10 years before the events of Shadows of the Empire. (Look in the Xizor entry on pg 32).

A little side note, Vader was on the Devastator when it was done, captianed at the time by a Captian Bolvan.

Hope that helps you Reverend

Reverend Strone
21 September 2002, 01:19 PM
That's fantastic guys. I really appreciate your help.

I was guessing it occured around six or seven years before ANH, so I wasn't too far offf by the estimates above.

The reason I ask is that my campaign is set about four years before ANH, and I have a Falleen PC. I was hoping to include this event as a part of my campaign, either by having it occur concurrently, providing a major motivational trigger for the player, or using it as back-story to fuel his mistrust of Humans. Either way, it times in well.

Thank you once again folks. You've all been a great help. B)

AxiustheDark
24 September 2002, 06:09 AM
Just to second Armadious, I pulled htis directly from TimeTales, which has got to be the definitive guide to when anything and everything happened naytime anywhere in the SW universe.

"7 BSW4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darth Vader develops a biological weapon which accidently gets out and infects the Falleen populace. To protect the Empire from the virus, Darth Vader orders a bombardment of the planet. Over 200,000 Falleen die, including the entire family of Prince Xizor (except for his niece Savan), who was away on Black Sun (a criminal syndicate) business at the time. Xizor vows revenge against the Dark Lord."

Any timeline questions can be answered by looking at TimeTales RIGHT HERE (http://www.theforce.net/timetales/) . Hope that site helps out in the future.

Reverend Strone
24 September 2002, 11:26 AM
Way-cool Axiust. that link just went straight in my favourites folder. Thank you very much. That's an incredibly useful resource to know about.:)